Is Anderson vs Shogun better than Anderson vs Gastelum?

Anderson didn't want tonfight shogun back when they did TUF iirc

That fight is outdated. Would be great in 2010

I would love to see Andy vs Shogun. I'm pretty sure they had some bad blood from back in the day. I remember a rumor of Shogun knocking Silva out while sparring.

I would like to see it. I imagine not too many brazil fans want to see it.

When Shogun beat Machida he said he would gladly fight Anderson. Shame it never happened.

I would love to see Andy vs Shogun. I'm pretty sure they had some bad blood from back in the day. I remember a rumor of Shogun knocking Silva out while sparring.

Not Wandy Silva? Over a puppy. And Shogun got knocked ow.

I was thinking of making a thread about this fight. It would have been a phenomenal fight when/around the times they were both champs but I think it's a super solid match up even now. I always wanted to see them go at it.

Yes but Anderson would still probably duck Shogun

Yep much better than putting him up against a 25-year-old contender. Kelvin needs a push for Mehico.

Anderson has always been terrified of Shogun.

Kelvin is a fat WW. Size difference will be ridiculous
Im pretty sure Anderson has lost a good bit of body mass in the last few years. He used to be a deceptively huge 185er and a decent sized 205er, but now I think hes about average or just beloew average for 185.

I would prefer the Anderson vs. Shogun fight just because I think Gastelum is too dangerous for Anderson at this stage in his career. I don't want to see him get brutally KO'd by Kelvin. Both Shogun and Anderson are done contending for the belt, so why not put this fun match up together? Kelvin can fight other killers at MW, he doesn't need to beat an old legend.

Love Anderson (*offers avatar as evidence of fave fighter status).

The only opponent I want to see him against is retirement. And I want retirement to win.

Prime Anderson puts him in a body bag, but for gods sake he's 42 years old leave the man alone.

Back