Is Anderson Silva the only true GOAT?

elcj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This guy had the most amazing technique in his prime, he only lost due to clowning around and a freak accident, then when he comes back (now past prime or really caring), he still doesn't get embarrassed like other legends.

He even took a last minute fight vs the CHAMP in the weight ABOVE him and still went the distance.

Some people desperately try to tarnish his name by mentioning the drugs he took to help his rehabilitation after a nasty leg-break in his old (pro-wise) age, but truth is, this man is unparalleled.

Who comes close?

He's the most skilled combatant I've seen, does that make him the "GOAT?" idk

I don't judge legends on how they fall, but from theyr peak

weidman dropped him from inside the clinch with a punch. freak accident and clowning around my ass

you know the fucking answer. clearly mw goat but there is a handful of guys with legitimate claims for p4p goat status. There is no objective way of measuring it. This thread won't decide it as you well know.

Also PED cheat

also who did anderson really beat???
his best win is a past from forrest griffin who didn't even want to be in there.
he wangle belt in MMA's most 2d dimensional era, an era where Andersonngot a title shot for knocking out Chris fucking leben.

Jones's a much more impressive record: Shogun, TRT Vitor, DC, Machida

This guy had the most amazing technique in his prime, he only lost due to clowning around and a freak accident, then when he comes back (now past prime or really caring), he still doesn't get embarrassed like other legends.

He even took a last minute fight vs the CHAMP in the weight ABOVE him and still went the distance.

Some people desperately try to tarnish his name by mentioning the drugs he took to help his rehabilitation after a nasty leg-break in his old (pro-wise) age, but truth is, this man is unparalleled.

Who comes close?

Anderson Silva is not the GOAT because he had weaknesses against good wrestlers. I would argue that Jon Jones is probably the GOAT.

Last edited:

Who comes close?
Fedor is the GOAT. 40+ wins 5 losses size of a middleweight ruled a heavyweight division. the end

Anderson is the GOAT middleweight however

Last edited:
weidman dropped him from inside the clinch with a punch. freak accident and clowning around my ass
i usually agree with you on stuff. Though I think Anderson was at the start of his decline and that clowning around in the first fight fucked up his chin for good. The second fight technically was a fluke accident. Chris didnt beat Anderson, Andy broke his leg. Shit happens.

He definitely is!
No one comes close

Who comes close?
Hear, hear. I couldn't agree more. I feel prime AS is easily the goat, besides perhaps, Jon Jones but I think we should exclude him merely on principle. Besides, while effective, his style isn't nearly as elegant and beautiful to watch.

Fedor_thumbsdown1.gif

What do you mean by true goat? He's top 3 for sure.

1. Andy
2. GSP
3. Fedor

I will say, Andy is Goat Clinch and Muay Thai. His Muay Thai is much more technical than Jones and his clinch was deadly. Excellent head movement, enough grappling skills to get the fight where he wanted, and in his prime his reflex was outstanding. Lastly, his accuracy was 2nd to none.

tumblr_nv0danEGNf1ueu615o1_500.gif

silva%20v%20franklin%20dance.gif

silva%20v%20franklin%20broken%20nose.gif

silva%20v%20hendo.gif

tumblr_my4iw0FKxo1ry1rm7o3_400.gif

Anderson%252520Silva%252520vs%252520Chris%252520Leben.gif

When the fuck will people realize there is no such thing as "the GOAT"? There have been the greats in MMA but never has an MMA fighter reached the status of Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson. Give up the GOAT debate already.

Back