Is Anderson Silva the only MMA fighter ever to win & finish a championship fight with injured ribs?

I don’t know man he looked pretty hurt after lol
I always look at it that way, the way he fucking just stops and lands that punch amazes me.

I mean yea he falls onto the floor after but If he stayed standing everyone would of been like dude fakes injury.

Surely he had broken ribs or something after?

Satoshi iishi was the dude who fucked andersons rib up lol. chael was juiced up on steroids landed so much punches on silva, and silva landed only like, 20 lol. Chael's face looked all fucked up in shit and silva's face didn't have shit on him. And silva even won at the end :) so glad chael lost that fight, dude was full on steroids and the belt would've just been stripped if he won. Anderson #1

Has anyone ever cancelled a flying knee like Fedor v Arlovski?

No. Incorrect. It's a liver shot. You get hit hard to liver, your body folds in half. Look up Bas Rutten or go train some Muay Thai or kickboxing.

But the thread said "injured" you tell me scott smith injures ribs every single fight? Cause this is normal for him. So i was right when i said he didnt injure a rib or anything

Has anyone ever cancelled a flying knee like Fedor v Arlovski?
Travis Browne landed a good counter to a flying knee in his fight against Struve, not a KO but it looked painful lol.

Travis Browne landed a good counter to a flying knee in his fight against Struve, not a KO but it looked painful lol.
sweet,ill check it out thanks

Emil Meek won his fight against Jordan Mein after bruising a rib in one of the rounds. Not a finish tho..

Anderson nuthuggers are so desperate it’s embarrassing

But the thread said "injured" you tell me scott smith injures ribs every single fight? Cause this is normal for him. So i was right when i said he didnt injure a rib or anything

I was referring to him getting hurt to the body easily. That's not true. I watched several of his fights. Cung Le caught him with a liver shot too. That dude could kick like a mule. I agree that Scott probably did NOT break a rib.

Thankfully, I have never taken a hard shot to the liver, but I have seen guys in person take hard kicks and punches the liver and fell down like they were shot. These were otherwise very tough guys. Usually they would get up and were fine 10-15 seconds later.

What I'm trying to say is if you get hit hard to the liver, no matter how tough you are, you are going to at least take a knee or lean over. There are a lot of nerves in there. It's the body's way of protecting us.

Here's someone who is a lot smarter than me who can explain it better. Hopefully we can post other sites here....
http://fightland.vice.com/blog/fight-doctor---the-liver-kick

"Dr. Michael Kelly: At the first big boxing bout I was the supervising physician of (this is going back 10 years) I saw a fighter take a shot to the liver and he just collapsed. I was in shock at how devastating it was. And when I spoke to the fighter after the bout, he said he felt like he had no legs instantly. He was awake but he just couldn’t move. Since then I’ve had a lot of respect for the liver shot...."

Before I used to think that the liver shot was so devastating just because the liver is fragile due to the small amount of connective tissue in it while conversely having plenty of nerves. But when I thought about the paralyzing effect that fighters talk about, I figured there's more to it.

My hypothesis was that it has something to do with the vagus nerve, which is a hot topic in neurology and psychology right now, and different ways of stimulating it might alleviate depression among other things. The vagus nerve is a very long cranial nerve that travels through your organs and regulates their function. These organs include the liver, heart and lungs, so it's plausible that a strong stimulus (a strike) to the vagus nerve in the liver might cause some changes in your breathing and blood circulation.

I found this article that supports the hypothesis, it's not a very long read if you're interested in the physiology behind the liver shot. Keep in mind that this isn't exactly an academic source and more bro science than science in some parts, but it gets the idea across.
https://radiuswraps.com/blogs/news/17350211-anatomy-of-a-liver-shot

wandyribs_display_image.jpg

Another Silva, officially he didn't win and didn't finish, but still...

But it was against Chael Sonnen so it doesn't really count.
He screams and taps as soon as someone thinks of the word "submission"

He was probably juiced to the gills so didn't feel a thing.

He's also the only fighter ever where his precision itself is precise.

Back