Is Anderson Silva in love with Nick Diaz or am i missing something?

"UFC is da sport. UFC is da great show. Thank you to my coach Nogueira. Fuck the Diaz brothers"

<{silvanormal}>

https://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story...s-why-he-wants-to-fight-conor-mcgregor-020317
Here's the relevant quote:
“First of all, I respect a lot Conor McGregor because this man changed everything in the UFC. Because I’m very respectful of Conor McGregor’s style. I think it’s a great challenge for my martial arts techniques,” Silva said. “I don’t talk to disrespect Conor.

“I do it for challenge, for myself and the best stand-up fighting. I respect Conor and I think this is a great show, it’s a great fight for the rest of my life. For the rest of my story in the UFC.”
And the article was published Feb 2017. Don't know the exact date of the interview since google results are flooded with articles from Conor's more recent call out.

Arguably Conor's "challenge" was really just a response to that call out over a year prior. Everybody wants a red panty night. ;)

Last edited:
He wants a name fighter who barely poses a threat to him standing, and that won't be able to take it to the floor.(Not that he would if he could, Nick would rather throw hands.)

Because greatness recognize greatness, he doesn’t care that the sheep can’t recognize it. For him, it’s a worthy foe and a meaningful accomplishment to add to his legacy.

I'd fight him for way less than Silva.
It's kind of funny how quick so many people are to forget what Anderson is capable of. Don't get me wrong, he's not the same fighter at this age after a leg surgery as he was in his prime -- so much of his greatness was because he was so hard to hit and those reactions/timing are the first thing to go with age. He also should have an asterisk for PED use.

However, he is still Silva.
And there is no comparison between him and Conor because of the size advantage. I don't think it's even competitive.

Of course, when Diaz lid down in the octagon, Silva should have treated him how the sisters treated Andy Dusfraine in Shawshank Redemption. He regrets not fulfilling his desires that night. That's why he wants this rematch.

It's kind of funny how quick so many people are to forget what Anderson is capable of. Don't get me wrong, he's not the same fighter at this age after a leg surgery as he was in his prime -- so much of his greatness was because he was so hard to hit and those reactions/timing are the first thing to go with age. He also should have an asterisk for PED use.

However, he is still Silva.
And there is no comparison between him and Conor because of the size advantage. I don't think it's even competitive.

I think they'd put on a good show for us. Give us an entertaining show.

I think they'd put on a good show for us. Give us an entertaining show.
It would be a glorified exhibition like Silva vs DC was but I do think it would be entertaining. Just like BJ or Minowa going up in weight. Probably would look like Minowa vs Cro Cop but Conor does have a good chin so maybe he could eat some head kicks.

I'd definitely tune in though and wouldn't be mad about the fight so long as neither guy is holding a championship belt at the time.

He wants it.

images

why's anderson silva keep calling out nick diaz? it wont do much to his legacy and nick is pretty much retired. even on this video, he's still calling out Nick

Cuz even he knows nick was robbed...

Back