Is America a unified nation?

Since whrn are BLM a terrorist group? Put the goalposts back.

when they started assasinating American police officers. I would list all the officers that have been murdered but the fact that they have even killed 1 person should be disgusting just like the nazi who killed the person in charlstone is disgusting.

I don't even know what you're trying to argue, and I don't think you do either.

My original post got you #Triggerooskied, and I can tell you are trying to troll, but with such #LowEffort.

Gotta put you on the ignore list like I do other obvious trolls.

apparently I put baby in the corner.

America is not a nation by any stretch of the term. It's a state/economy/country but the culture/nation it used to represent has been beaten into dust. It's thoroughly globalized now.

We all just assume that we are but really -- how would most Americans know that? It's just an uneducated assumption. Most Americans have never traveled outside of the West.

I just went to a few Asian countries that were 99% ethnic homogeneous and the difference was astounding. There was no question that everyone was the same people. Everyone was nationalist towards their country because it was the embodiment of their people. Their country dies -- their people die. Everyone shared the same language. Everyone shared the same heritage. Everyone shared the same culture.

There was no tension between different groups. There was no arguing that parts of their heritage should be forgotten. There was no volatile politics between different people or regions of the country. They were all united as one people, one culture, one nation.

And it seems like every country in the world outside of the West has that. And it seems that the West has forgotten that not having that is not normal.

United we stand -- divided we fall. That's a common saying. We say it like it's something we have to work for. We think that's normal. It's not. The rest of the planet doesn't have to say that as a goal because it's just assumed that they already have it.

We just assume we're a unified nation because it's what we've always been told. But really -- are we?

The only Asian country comparable in size and scope to the USA is China and there is no tension because dissent is quickly put down.

You cant still google about Tiannamen square.

Ultimately the country was in no way shape or form ready for a black president, and it was the worst thing that could have happened to black people. The general white populace would say see...look, there is no longer any discrimination happening whatsoever, because one of them is the president - and the rest truly is history. We all know how it went from there.

Excellent statement my friend. It is called "The Obama Doctrine" comes to fruition. I noticed it starting a few years ago through Obama's reaction when blacks were killed vs when whites were killed. When riots on the streets of the U.S. would begin, and finally when the Confederate flag was brought into play. We can thank Obama for the country's current situation. He was not a black president. He is 50% white and 50% black. The man himself is a 'paradox'.

I hate what Obama did outside the U.S. in not acting in Syria and causing the refugee crisis. Thousands of innocent civilians dead - including children. Now those same male refugees are racking havoc in Europe.

We all just assume that we are but really -- how would most Americans know that? It's just an uneducated assumption. We just assume we're a unified nation because it's what we've always been told. But really -- are we?

Yes!
I'm assuming you are a California guy coming up with those conclusions. Come visit the Midwest sometime. American values are alive and well thank you. Travel inside America first before you travel outside of America to try to get a better understanding of the country. I've been through all of Central and South America. All of Europe and Russia. Lived in Brazil for many years. America is not perfect but it is by far the best country in the world. Just check the lines on most U.S. Embassies of the countries I listed above.

Everything was fine up until 25 years ago.
Immigrants today are not like that of the past. A lot if resentment agains America even though they will live no where else.
They bash the place they live, but won't leave

I've often though that each section of the country feels they belong in power, should provide social views for the rest of the country. The old rivalry in the beginning has been between the New England states verses other sections of the country, such as the mid Atlantic and the south. The first section of the country that wanted to leave was the New England states to form their own country.

Now we have the west coast states trying to be more dominate agains the other regions of the country.

I would guess there will always be tensions between the different regions of the country.

He LIED and said that F&F was started by Bush....if that's not scapegoating,I don't know what is.....
And just because you don't "recall" him whining about the past administration,he did.The national debt debt damn near doubled under Obama...
Bush and Clinton's policies both played a role in the exacerbation of the subprime mortgage crisis, so calling this a "lie" or taking some special offense at it is quite the stretch.

Back