Is Alpha Male the best team all things considered?

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
They seem to always be in great shape, rarely pull out of fights due to injury, always put on good fights, constantly churning out title contenders. They all seem to be "home grown" too meaning they are built from TAM, not switching over to TAM after they hit a wall like you happen with many other fighters/gyms.

A team of men the size of women can never be considered the best team.

Absolutely not, Benavidez left, Palmer lost his WSOF belt and left, PVZ got brutalized, Castillo lost 4 straight and got cut, Mendes is on a 2 fight losing streak, Faber about to gut shut out 50-45.

In terms of lighter weight fighters yes they are the best.

Do they have anyone over 170lbs?

They're the best camp with no champ.

Absolutely not, Benavidez left, Palmer lost his WSOF belt and left, PVZ got brutalized, Castillo lost 4 straight and got cut, Mendes is on a 2 fight losing streak, Faber about to gut shut out 50-45.

you could make a longer list than that with every other camp. not sure what your point is. Someone listed AKA. I could make a list like yours from AKA with guys like Fitch, Maynard Swick

Wait what? Benevidez left? When?

you could make a longer list than that with every other camp. not sure what your point is. Someone listed AKA. I could make a list like yours from AKA with guys like Fitch, Maynard Swick
Hasn't AKA ruined Cain?

From everything I've heard it's falling apart slowly.

AKA imo for a good while. Javier Mendez mainly, because that camp has consisted of a bunch of wrestlers who turned into good strikers, but they're not as big and spread out like many other top camps. Look at ATT, BTT or Jackson/Grudge. More gyms and fighters. TAM has a close net group, as well. Top 5. Very good camp.

Master Thong is what makes TAM great....when he's not on a booze fueled gambling binge that is.
IMG00134-20100305-1646-731825.jpg

Or you could make a list of current champs from TAM and those from AKA and compare the two.

This isn't NPR, bro. We could never do enough consideration to ensure that all things actually are considered. The "best team" has to be the best team to someone or something, because of a host of other things.

TAM is a damn good place to train if you're a fighter, especially at lower weight classes where there are tons of premier sparring partners. They have lots of success at the pro level, and seem to do a great job helping their athletes achieve long term financial stability (Faber alone investing in your business and brand is pretty much a guarantee of success). Plus, all the guys there seem to really love it.

Does that make them the best? That depends. I'm sure they think so. Dillashaw didn't though, for whatever that's worth.

Yet AKA have 2 champions and Khabib.

Back