is aj styles in ring GOAT

Don't be nice to Kenny Saku, he doesn't deserve it.

Top 5, but i got HBK , Eddie, and Young Steiner over him

AJ is probably as good as Kenny? That statement should be grounds for mandatory chemical castration to keep you from breeding. I wish 72 hours of compulsory Great Khali match viewing on you for besmirching AJ that way and may God have mercy on your black and twisted soul.

Have I mention Omega sucks donkey balls today...well even if I have you can never say it too much...Kenny Omega sucks donkey balls.
Cornette is that you?

There is no probably. If anything, it's the other way around but even then, that's a huge stretch. Been watching Kenny Omega on and off (and wrestling in general) for about a decade now and while his matches can be entertaining and he can have a great match, there's no way I would say he's as good an in-ring worker as AJ.
Sure, I can agree with that. I don't even think Kenny's promos are good. I just like his style of matches better.

I would put Angle, Guerrero and Jericho ahead of him, for sure, in regards to "smaller" guys who can go. I don't think there is any one GOAT, really.

o_O
I've been a fan for 25 years. I love Sting.

But please name me one match to watch that would show me he is a top 10 worker. Even top 20.

Good look, cool character, charisma, all that. Worker? Eh.

Depends on your definition of 'worker'.

From a technical standpoint, no, Sting is not that great. From a crowd connection standpoint, he is pretty damn good.

Which is why one can argue people like Hogan, Cena, Rock, Austin et al are all great 'workers' when, from a technical/moves standpoint, people like... let's say Ricochet blow them out of the water.
But do I want to watch Ricochet matches? Maybe. Will I remember him and his matches, character and moveset in 10, 15 or 20 years time? Probably not. Will I remember Hogan, Rock, Sting etc? You bet your ass I will.

Dean Malenko is ahead of him and ahead of most guys mentioned.

Dean Malenko is ahead of him and ahead of most guys mentioned.
Dont feel bad, mid 80's Barry Windham is ahead of everyone and he hasnt even been mentioned at all
He was about a bilion times smoother than this AJ clown

Last edited:
Dont feel bad, mid 80's Barry Windham is ahead of everyone and he hasnt even been mentioned at all
He was about a bilion times smootger than this AJ clown
I think Flair said Windham was his favorite opponent ever to work with.

I agree with this completely. In terms of movement in the ring, he is absolutely buttery smooth in the ring.

Greatest in-ring worker, that's much more difficult. Right now in the WWE, absolutely and he's been who I've considered the best in the world for nearly a decade now. He just doesn't have a bad match.

Also, he now has the swagger, the confidence that it appeared he once lacked during most of his TNA run. He walks down the ramp and he looks like the man but in TNA, it wasn't always that way.

His mic work has gone from paltry to VERY good now as well. Completing the package quite well

'Buttery smooth' - I like it.

I knew when he returned from his hiatus - after that soap opera storyline in TNA - as the dark, brooding (emo) AJ, that he would run shit if he ever came to WWE, when others were saying he was too old by then. And his run to the Bound for Glory tournament final and swerving of the Aces and 8s showed his evolution into a good all-rounder that could be a star in the top org.

So the swagger you say he now exhibits in WWE he already had in TNA; otherwise, you're totally right.

FTR I also have said/thought this about Bully Ray (that he could run shit in WWE) after his mega-heel run in TNA. However, that did not come to fruition, unfortately. I still think he would've killed it but obviously WWE weren't interested in Bully Ray, much like they're likely not interested in Broken Matt

Last edited:
Bret
Shawn

Whomever is third.

Bret is #1. He did everything perfectly.
I think a strong case can be made for Shawn and/or AJ at #2.
I'd have Angle/Benoit/Dynamite Kid/Eddie behind them.

Before the Shawn fans take up their pitchforks, I will say that NO WRESTLER has a better body of work than him, but I still consider Bret a better worker overall.

Flair is not in the conversation... come at me bro.

EDIT- and AJ is by far the best worker in the world today. It took me until he got to WWE to appreciate it, but I'm a complete convert.

Before the Shawn fans take up their pitchforks, I will say that NO WRESTLER has a better body of work than him, but I still consider Bret a better worker overall.

EDIT- and AJ is by far the best worker in the world today. It took me until he got to WWE to appreciate it, but I'm a complete convert.
I would have agreed in 2002. But the work Shawn did after his comeback pits him ahead of Bret IMO. And I'm a Bret mark. Bret is the most believable worker I've ever seen.

I, too, would rate Bret Hart as in at #1. He worked snug and made everything look legit. The bumps he took look legit because he sold well, his psychology is top notch, and very little wasted movement and when you watched him wrestle, it didn't really look like they were always "working" together. If Shawn's psychology was better, or at least consistent, I'd have him ahead of Bret.

But again, in the WWE today, it's Styles by a good margin

PS, if you don't agree with this, all I have to say is "who are you to doubt El Dandy?"

On jerivcos podcast this week angle and Jericho both talked about the first time they faced HBK was mania and that HBK is number one all time

I wish HBK Austin tag team lasted longer. Those two were gold together

Back