Is ACB folding?

please no god. ACB may be shady as fuck, but their product is incredible.

I always confuse FNG and ACB, probably cause all the red. They should merge and become one big organization like RFA and Legacy.

Damn, maybe they should focus on making events in Russia, rather than Cyprus etc - where people are not so interested.

PFL maybe but na Bellator has an amazing roster tbh. ACB couldn’t even come close to touching Bellator’s roster. Bellator’s roster might be more filled top to bottom with names, vets, and big time prospects than SF’s was.

No, no Bellators isn't and it's not even close

No, no Bellators isn't and it's not even close
Lol what does SF have that Bellator didn’t? You’re gonna start listing guys like Woodley, Cormier, Romero and stuff right? Well Bellator has a ton of guys who could be the next version of all those SF guys. Look at Ruth, Pico, Fortune etc. I want you to name who SF had that Bellator doesn’t have. Because Bellator is the next SF. Coker has assembled a great roster. Just watch and see. Aside from HW, Bellator is way better.

Lol what does SF have that Bellator didn’t? You’re gonna start listing guys like Woodley, Cormier, Romero and stuff right? Well Bellator has a ton of guys who could be the next version of all those SF guys. Look at Ruth, Pico, Fortune etc. I want you to name who SF had that Bellator doesn’t have. Because Bellator is the next SF. Coker has assembled a great roster. Just watch and see. Aside from HW, Bellator is way better.

The buzz, the hype, the results. Bellator has captured absolutely none of that. Shit Strikeforce got vastly superior ratings on a premium network than Bellator does on cable.

Btw could be does not mean will be. Lastly Strikeforce folded and all its best went to the Ufc and that's the best case scenario for you?

Bellators western euro series should be stacked with talent If those orgs fold.

The buzz, the hype, the results. Bellator has captured absolutely none of that. Shit Strikeforce got vastly superior ratings on a premium network than Bellator does on cable.

Btw could be does not mean will be. Lastly Strikeforce folded and all its best went to the Ufc and that's the best case scenario for you?
I never even mentioned those things you said. I was just talking about the roster. What are you talking about lol

Will be missed. The pacing for their shows was on point. Hope they make a come back.

It seems strange that they would decide to keep the Sweden card going (I mean, they've moved a lot of fights onto it so it seems they won't fold it too) since it is an entirely new market for them -- yet cancel the London card, where they have a decent track-record (only area outside Russia to do so) and a new star that can draw the crowds (Pickett). (EDIT: just read that there are unconfirmed rumors that they've canceled the Sweden card as well).

With both ACB and Fight Night seemingly on a downward slope, I imagine the leadership of M-1 are sitting around in a Penthouse somewhere, thrumming their fingertips together ala Mr Burns, silently gloating in the knowlage that they've yet again played the long-game and won.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
One consequence of this may be that top Russian talent are more likely to fight in the UFC. Guys like Minakov are really good but paid considerably more by the Russian promoters due to their local name value than the UFC would be willing to stump up. That may change if these unprofitable operations - maybe they are money-laundering fronts? - go out of business.

One consequence of this may be that top Russian talent are more likely to fight in the UFC. Guys like Minakov are really good but paid considerably more by the Russian promoters due to their local name value than the UFC would be willing to stump up. That may change if these unprofitable operations - maybe they are money-laundering fronts? - go out of business.

Or that the talent and market-focus will coagulate into one gigantic Russian org that goes on to dominate the region, becoming the UFC of the East. M-1 and WFCA are still going strong (along with some minor promotions like Tech-Krep and up-and-comers like RCC).

Or that the talent and market-focus will coagulate into one gigantic Russian org that goes on to dominate the region, becoming the UFC of the East.
I would love to see something like this, the quality of eastern MMA talent is getting bigger and bigger, a big player that conglomerate all that talent could be amazing

Or that the talent and market-focus will coagulate into one gigantic Russian org that goes on to dominate the region, becoming the UFC of the East. M-1 and WFCA are still going strong (along with some minor promotions like Tech-Krep and up-and-comers like RCC).
I don't know if we could say that M-1 is going strong.. until FNG/ACB terrible news, i was worried about their future at the Russian market, because M-1 is more irrelevant than never nowadays, even WFCA has a stronger roster and brings more foreigners to fight their prospects..

I would love to see something like this, the quality of eastern MMA talent is getting bigger and bigger, a big player that conglomerate all that talent could be amazing

Now that I think of it, I wonder which org can do it though.

WFCA basically exists to entertain Kadyrov. That makes it fairly stable economically speaking, but it's not really a viable candidate for taking over the region.

M-1 is the old dog of the region. They seem more methodical and meticulous about things, staying in proven territory.

It seems more likely that it would be a new start-up org. RCC managed to get some big names for their 3 first cards. So the capital from potential investors seems to be there for some new group to come in and swoop up the market.

i was worried about their future at the Russian market, because M-1 is more irrelevant than never nowadays

I can honestly not assess how they're doing, I don't have the info, but I remember in the old days when they did their nations-vs-nations stick. Their current set-up seems an improvement on that at least. Yeah, they're more irrelevant in the sense that they have much bigger competition unlike back in the old days when they were the only significant org around. But the company itself still seems to be on solid legs, still having a good roster and everything.

Last edited:
Now that I think of it, I wonder which org can do it though.

WFCA basically exists to entertain Kadyrov. That makes it fairly stable economically speaking, but it's not really a viable candidate for taking over the region.

M-1 is the old dog of the region. They seem more methodical and meticulous about things, staying in proven territory.

It seems more likely that it would be a new start-up org. RCC managed to get some big names for their 3 first cards. So the capital from potential investors seems to be there for some new group to come in and swoop up the market.

I can honestly not assess how they're doing, I don't have the info, but I remember in the old days when they did their nations-vs-nations stick. Their current set-up seems an improvement on that at least. Yeah, they're more irrelevant in the sense that they have much bigger competition unlike back in the old days when they were the only significant org around. But the company itself still seems to be on solid legs, still having a good roster and everything.
I'd argue that M-1 only seems irrelevant in the international picture, they still seem to be doing well in Russia. Wouldn't know for sure though, as I'm not russian.

Please happen... FNG + ACB would be so good. The top 20 in each division would be mostly stacked and any fighter wishing to go to the UFC would have good experience with top level of fighters.

Back