is a tag heuer worth the price?

I like Richard Mille better than those, but both Mille and Sohne cost more than a lot of people’s houses.

RICHARD-MILLE-RM52-01-NANO-CERAMIC-SKULL-TOURBILLON-1.jpg

richard-mille-rm057.jpg

A. Lange & Söhne make the most beautiful watches.....of course we’re talking 200k and up

View attachment 372487
View attachment 372489

I can only speak from my own perspective, but from that perspective, I can say that I'm sheepish about spending that amount on something like an automobile. The thought of spending it on a watch just seems foolish.
the people buying it consider it an investment- in the circles they socialize in, displays of taste and wealth can bring you business opportunities and connections. Spending thousands on a watch may seem foolish to you because no one you know would recognize an expensive watch anyway so it's wasted. It's like how people spend 900k on a 911R when the average person couldnt tell it apart from an 80k regular 911. But among those who can, you just earned yourself ridiculous cred and that can pay off down the line.

And before you judge someone spending thousands on a watch, consider this- we've wasted thousands of hours on this forum. All for what? That is far more wasteful than any amount of money. It's time we could have spent with loved ones or furthering careers and establishing EMPIRES, yet all we have to show for it is posts? Stop thinking small- it's the cheap miser with no ambition who hoards the pitiful amount of money he has. A true winner spends lavishly because he knows he will keep making more.

I love watches but $500 is about as much as i will pay. I am a builder so they cop some damage.

I love Nixon. Mix of modern functional, classy and rugged.

a099100-nixon-ladies-the-kensington-grey-watch-a099100-nixon-watches-nz-nixon-watches-sale-650x650.jpg

fdbc83da448670cd9c2e3b21ae70f0c1.jpg

nixon-regulus-1-1200x800-c.jpg

750x750.fit.Nixon%20Sentry%20SS%20Watch%20-%20All%20GoldBlack.jpg

I really like Baume & Mercier's simple designs for that price:

baume-and-mercier-classima-executives-xl-steel-black-men_s-watch-8689-08689.jpg

I also like Edox. I have this one:

aggrr333.jpg

the people buying it consider it an investment- in the circles they socialize in, displays of taste and wealth can bring you business opportunities and connections. Spending thousands on a watch may seem foolish to you because no one you know would recognize an expensive watch anyway so it's wasted. It's like how people spend 900k on a 911R when the average person couldnt tell it apart from an 80k regular 911. But among those who can, you just earned yourself ridiculous cred and that can pay off down the line.

And before you judge someone spending thousands on a watch, consider this- we've wasted thousands of hours on this forum. All for what? That is far more wasteful than any amount of money. It's time we could have spent with loved ones or furthering careers and establishing EMPIRES, yet all we have to show for it is posts? Stop thinking small- it's the cheap miser with no ambition who hoards the pitiful amount of money he has. A true winner spends lavishly because he knows he will keep making more.

<{monica}>

When i reach a certain goal in my life., I will buy me a nice luxury watch.

I really liked the Carl F. Bucherer watches from the John Wick films.

carl-f.-bucherer-manero-automatic-men_s-watch-00.10908.08.33.01.jpg

Hey guys. I am interested in a luxury timepiece and there are lots of brands out there. There is no way i can afford a top tier brand like Hublot, Richard Mille, AP , etc. Tag Heuer has some interesting models that start from 1600-1700 bucks and up. I am looking for a watch with automatic movement.

Some friends have told me that tags are overrated, overpriced pieces or crap and i should spend a little more to get an omega , breitling or a longiness. On the flip side ive read good reviews about them.

If any of you got a tag please share your experience... any suggestions are welcomed... thanks.

I'm a G-Shock guy meself but I've been eyeing this thing for awhile and if anybody here has xp w one let me know your thoughts:

tag-heuer-aquaracer-300m-calibre5-wn.jpg

You made the right choice imo. The speedy pro is my grail.

1459431893161-jpg.87647

3572.50 with the hesalite front and sapphire back. I think it all round price/value/street cred it's definately hard to get better than that.

What about Aquaracer in that price range? That runs just around 2k too iirc

Won't be able to pick up a new a Speedmaster for 2k. The advantage of a Speedmaster is that it'll never go out of style, is recognised by watch aficionados and consequently has strong resale. They have a interesting story and are a nice watch all round. I have a Tag Acquaracer that never left my wrist for 6 years straight, but by now it'll be worth zero.

1459431893161-jpg.87647

3572.50 with the hesalite front and sapphire back. I think it all round price/value/street cred it's definately hard to get better than that.

Won't be able to pick up a new a Speedmaster for 2k. The advantage of a Speedmaster is that it'll never go out of style, is recognised by watch aficionados and consequently has strong resale. They have a interesting story and are a nice watch all round. I have a Tag Acquaracer that never left my wrist for 6 years straight, but by now it'll be worth zero.
Imo looks good on a bracelet, nato, leather or bund.

Imo looks good on a bracelet, nato, leather or bund.

That photo takes me back, it was taken on the metro heading back after I bought it. First thing I did was but it on a black leather strap

WechatIMG33.jpeg

Now that I think about it, kinda like the bracelet.

Attachments

• WechatIMG33.jpeg
    WechatIMG33.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 3
I have a knock off Rolex. The big shots at work like to mock me for wearing a cheap watch. I like to mock them for having to buy expensive baubles to draw attention away from their awful personalities.
You buying a fake bauble mean you need it as well to draw attention from your awful personality as well. You know that right? Otherwise you would not want a faux bauble to garner the same attention.

The only difference between you and them is that you add 'fake' to your 'awful personality'.

I’m wearing a gorgeous piece right now but my iPhone Image is too large to post. How do I fix this?
Good lord, I get this all this time too.
Also, get a Timex Weekender and call it a day.

glad i read this thread as i was considering a tag to save wear & tear on my breitling

<DisgustingHHH>

That photo takes me back, it was taken on the metro heading back after I bought it. First thing I did was but it on a black leather strap

View attachment 372607

Now that I think about it, kinda like the bracelet.
Not that I go swimming much but that’s the water resistance like?

Back