Is 40 too old to start training and competing in MMA?

I saw a documentary once about this dipshit who took up golf late in life and made a killing on the pro tour.

If Gilmore could hop off the couch to beat a seasoned pro like McGavin I don't see how anyone in the UFC is safe from your hands.

Good luck!

{<buffer}

Enjoy your training, Test yourself in the gym..
lp594Dc.jpg

Are you an A level athlete like Herschel Walker?

Another old fart here. Soon to be 39, more than 30 years in karate, boxing and kick-boxing. I've given up sparring years ago. It takes so much to recover from, plus all the strenght and cardio workouts. And I guess I'm in better shape than most people my age. Go ahead and train, enjoy it, martial arts are beautiful. Just be realistic with your ambitions.

Im 41 years old with a record of 0-0-0...ill fight you.

Im 6foot2 and weigh 260 so ill fight anyone over 40 and under 200 lbs..

My jab flutters like a moth slapping into a light bulb.

My straight right is like a sledge hammer coming down a water slide.

My left hook makes illegal right hand turns.

Send me location?

Attachments

• cricketNNP1109_468x290.jpg
    cricketNNP1109_468x290.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 3
Go for it.

You don't want to look back and say "what if".

If you're talking about having a few low level fights on the regional circuit then its absolutely doable. I knew a guy who had his first ammy fight at I think 48.

As far as the time frame for actually getting in the cage. Depending on how much you apply yourself and how quickly you progress it'll be 6-12 months before most gyms will consider you ready for your first ammy fight.

Go for it if you like getting KO'd by some early 20s kid in some regional card held in a high school gymnasium.

This post sounds like a joke, but I'll bite

It really depends on what you want to do, a guy at my gym had his first amateur fight at 45. Getting into the big leagues is a long shot unless you're an athletic freak/celebrity, but if you want to compete in local shows, there's no reason you wouldn't be able to

At a high level? Fuck no.

Could you have a few fights at regional level? Maybe.

Go for it. Winning on a local scene should be easy, if you've had some training and are reasonable athletic. I doubt you can make living off of it or anything, but a few fights to say you had a few fights is perfectly within reason.

I'm guessing you have zero combat or martial arts experience, as you didn't mention any.

Try your hand at a few toughman competitions, to see if you really want to do this.

Also, go to any MMA gym and say you want some mat time with anyone there who used to wrestle. I'm not talking about D1 all Americans or college wrestling. Just find some dude who wrestled in high school for a couple years, and ask if you can do some takedown defense drills...... then decide if you really want to do this.

It's never too late TS, I'm 80 and armbar or choke out other geriatrics in the nursing home daily. Osteoporosis ain't got shit on me.

Actually it's offence. C for nouns, and S for verbs. In this context, it would be a noun. Unless I'm wrong.

EDIT: My bad. I see it's an American vs English thing. Always though it was a noun vs verb usage (like practice/practise).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back