Is 30 minutes a reasonable drive for an MMA gym?

Mystic Mac Miller

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I just found that one of the best MMA Gyms is 30 min away from me in terms of a drive and then there is another that is like only 15 min away but questionable in terms of quality.

Is 30 min a reasonable drive for an MMA gym?

If you are located in USA, a 30 min drive commute is nothing lol. Go for it.

I lived in queens ny for years and took the train and bus to get to alliance mma and Renzo’s in manhattan. 1 hour commute if not more but worth it. There were some tiger schullmans and other mcdojos near me but no thanks.

no, look for some other gym which is at least 90 min driving distance

Go to the 15 minute gym first, if you want to take your training to a more serious level drive the extra 15minutes?

drive up to an hour each way for training. The drive relaxes your mind before hand and afterwards.

shit I drive 30 minutes for In N Out.

no, look for some other gym which is at least 90 min driving distance
Personally for me, when I had a gym around the corner from my house, I always told myself subconsciously “eh you’ve done enough, you can do this tomorrow”

but when you have to drive a ways to your gym, it will force you to workout and stay

Personally for me, when I had a gym around the corner from my house, I always told myself subconsciously “eh you’ve done enough, you can do this tomorrow”

but when you have to drive a ways to your gym, it will force you to workout and stay

In my early 20s I used to have to commute 90 minutes each way by buses, I did three hours of training at the sessuon but I just did that twice a week.

These days I've got a BJJ gym less than a five minute walk away so I get down there 3 or 4 days a week.

I just found that one of the best MMA Gyms is 30 min away from me in terms of a drive and then there is another that is like only 15 min away but questionable in terms of quality.

GSP used to drive to New York from North Bumblefuck, Quebec just to train at Renzo Gracie's. If your goal is to be good at it then it's probably worth it.

Whether a 30-minute drive to an MMA gym is reasonable or not depends on what you're looking for. Here are some things to consider:

1. How serious are you about MMA? If you're super into it and ready to go all-in, a 30-minute drive might not be a big deal.

2. Is there another good gym closer by? If the 30-minute-away gym is known for being awesome and there aren't many other options nearby, it might be worth the drive.

3. Can you manage your time well? Think about your daily routine and if you can fit the 30-minute drive into it. If you have some flexibility or can avoid rush hour, it might not be too bad.

4. What's the cost versus value? Think about whether the better training at the farther gym is worth the extra time and money you'll spend on gas.

5. How motivated are you to stay consistent? If convenience is a big deal for you, the 15-minute-away gym might be a better choice. Being closer means it's easier to stick to your training schedule, especially on busy or lazy days.
In the end, it's up to you. Consider your priorities, goals, and the options available to make a decision that works best for you. Have a healthy body.

30 mins ain’t nothing. I would drive up to an hour away. 1.5 though is too much

GSP used to drive to New York from North Bumblefuck, Quebec just to train at Renzo Gracie's. If your goal is to be good at it then it's probably worth it.

North Bumblefuck...is that near Southwest Longadamn?

This^^^^

I'm a spoiled european and sometimes I'm annoyed by my 7minutes commute to the Muay Thai Gym I've been training at.

the best gyms are always at least 45 minutes away, so keep looking.

I lived in queens ny for years and took the train and bus to get to alliance mma and Renzo’s in manhattan. 1 hour commute if not more but worth it. There were some tiger schullmans and other mcdojos near me but no thanks.
Do you, by chance, know a dude named Bobby Williams? He was in the Air Force and trained there also

Back