IRS guilty, ordered to pay 3.5 million to conservatives..

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Bloodworth, May 15, 2018.

1. Edison Carasio

Edison Carasio Excellence of execution belt Platinum Member

Delusional post of the day. 23049823048 Hillary investigations, and she is indicted 0 times but still yelping out emails.

Ongoing investigation to the Trump campaign, evidence of bribery to his personal lawyers, indictments and guilty please from campaign staff, meetings with Russians in Trump Tower among piles and piles of other evidence = "dindunuffin".

and now clinging to "but but but Obama did an IRS!!!!!!"

You guys are just sad.

HomerThompson likes this.
  2. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo Steel Belt

Jesus... lol..

Kafir-kun and Neph like this.
  3. cottagecheesefan

cottagecheesefan Silver Belt

I dunno, I tried to discuss the environment with someone on here, and how saying all people on the right don't believe in climate change is a fallacy. They didn't want to hear it tho.

I personally think they could IRS easily have contact/connections to people within congress, staff members, etc. I don't mind disagreeing here tho,as it isn't proven. I do agree we need more IRS agents. Sloth allows sleaze and other bad elements fester. Having to more IRS agents would bring down shady people in business, which would likely lead to paper trails to a number of people in politics. But that is a story that repeats itself in any age, 1000 years ago, and 1000 years in the future. The wheel weaves, as the wheel wills, as they say,

4. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

There are minor differences in the way we are seeing this, but we are more in agreement than disagreement. I completely agree that there are plenty of shady practices that undermine to some extent the very values that our elections are supposed to be based on. A guy like Sanders, who gained real traction, should be given as many opportunities to debate his opponent as possible. Not because that is best for Bernie, but because that is the entire point of a free election. The people deserve to know the candidates inside and out. I also agree that there are almost certainly elements of government that become politicized that should not be at all politicized. It's incredibly hard to control because government is made up of individuals with individual world views, but I'm sure more could be done to monitor it.

The problem i see on this forum a lot of the time is that legitimate issues are approached wrapped up in a package of bullshit, and before the conversation can move forward, we have to sift through the bullshit. If the bullshit is ignored, it is an acceptance that it is real. But it's not. This thread could have easily been made entirely based on the facts, and avoided some of the wasted posts that were correcting all the misconceptions. Both sides are guilty of that to some degree, there just happens to be a few posters on the right that go crazy overboard with it.

HomerThompson and Jack V Savage like this.
  5. Farmer Br0wn

Farmer Br0wn Farmer Br0wn belt

The fact that the IRS has to pay out 3.5 million dollars to conservative groups for auditing them out of participation of the 2012 election, it appears that our system of justice disagrees with your sentiments, 3.5 million times.

uppercutbus likes this.
  6. Bloodworth

Bloodworth Silver Belt

Have fun with it...

7. Edison Carasio

Yeah, too bad the progressive and occupy groups aren't as litigious as "patriot" groups since, you know, they were targeted as well.

Conservative victim complex rearing its ugly head again, with a dash of paranoia and tin foil.

8. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

I know that all people on the right don't reject climate science. However, a recent study showed that only 30% or so accept that it's primarily caused by human activity, which is shockingly bad. And roughly 0% of Republican elected officials support any action to address the problem, which is the bigger problem.

Well, I think we're on the same page regarding the actual solution here.

9. Farmer Br0wn

A "victim complex" is an award of 3.5 million dollars for political targeting.

0/10 attempt at minimizing.

uppercutbus likes this.
  10. Edison Carasio

You're doing a great job at avoiding acknowledging progressive groups were targeted during same time frame.

11. Farmer Br0wn

Any alleged targeting that went after leftist groups, obviously didn't merit a 3.5 million dollar payment.

These supposed targeting of leftist groups by the IRS is actually covered at length in the video I provided before, but I'll just provided again for you here:

uppercutbus likes this.
  12. cottagecheesefan

That is why I like discussing things with you. We have discussed many things over the years, and despite me generally being more right leaning, and you left, we tend to always see quite a lot of middle ground.

Tho I do think humans are the primary cause, I don't fault them for thinking it is not the primary source, when science is always developing, and there are lots of other things out there. Doesn't mean they don't feel humans is a strong number 2 or 3, which is why I had said that was a poorly worded question. The article also said 57% believe something needs to be done about CO2 levels. Then when you factor out the bible belters, it is a bit more promising than how you paint the party.

Then when you factor in companies like Volkwagon, who have lobbyists in congress, exploiting issues like these for profit. You see why people can become skeptical of the narratives being painted.

13. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

Trump paid $25 mil to Trump University scam victims. Why the double standard, my friend?

14. Farmer Br0wn

Private individual vs. Tax arm of the State targeting political rivals of a sitting President.

15. Jack V Savage

People aren't rejecting the science because they're examining the evidence and coming up with a different theory. It's a matter of trusting the right-wing alternative reality system more than credible sources. And its good that a decent portion support reducing carbon emissions, but none of the party's leadership does, and that's what really matters if we're talking about setting policy.

I think you have the VW scandal a little mixed up. They were actually polluting and cheating the tests to get away with it. They would have loved not to have to meet emission standards. They had to pay a $3B fine and spend $18B getting their shit together, plus their stock lost billions in market cap.

16. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

I understand that. I would consider them both disgusting. But one of them is currently the most powerful person in the country. A person you actively support on this forum.

17. Farmer Br0wn

At the time, he was just a private citizen dealing with some unsatisfied customers.

The IRS auditing the political rivals of a current sitting President out of participation of a Presidential election is a scandal of the highest order.

uppercutbus likes this.
  18. cottagecheesefan

For some, a lot in the middle, it isn't trusting the right wing, alternate reality, it is just that the environment isn't as big of an issue during elections. I do agree that a lot of typical republicans, especially long serving ones, have a terrible track record with the enviornment. I also feel they are being slowly phased out as the older generation dies off. Not saying Trump is better than these typical republicans, but I do feel him winning the republican primary shows a general shift away from that typical "party of morals" etc.

Like some in coal country, I am sure hates their family going into a dangerous mine, risking their health. But at the end of the day, who is going to come into that specific town, give funding for the materials and building of the infrastructure, and provide the same number of jobs to these areas?

I know they were cheating the tests. But they also acted like they were one of the pioneers in the auto industry, advocating for the changes. Most people who buy their cars are most likely people on the left. Typical wolf in sheep's clothes. Scandals like that make people skeptical of who else is exploiting issues.

19. Jack V Savage

But 70% reject reality on the issue. That is huge, and not something that can be waved away. The rejection of non-partisan information sources is rotting the brain and morals of the right in America.

Well, I certainly agree that Trump's election represents a move away from the "party of morals." But there are still no Republican leaders willing to do anything about climate change or to really do anything different from what W did (regressive tax cuts, deregulation, aggressive foreign policy).

Obama spearheaded a plan.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...ministration-idea-to-save-coal-country-214885

Killed by Republicans, who obviously didn't bring coal jobs back either.

Should make people skeptical of polluting companies rather than attempts to fight pollution.

20. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

I would say both are extremely important scandals, but only one gets you riled up. Why do you think that is?