IRS guilty, ordered to pay 3.5 million to conservatives..

IRS found guilty,

Liberal shartdoggers response,

I think it's more just that the OP is entirely misleading. I guess it would make for a good meme though, if that's your thing.

lost at enforcement failure

sure, that's what we call it these days

lost at enforcement failure

sure, that's what we call it these days

What do you call the IRS' failure to catch political groups using a charitable designation that wasn't supposed to apply to political groups? Successful enforcement?

What do you call the IRS' failure to catch political groups using a charitable designation that wasn't supposed to apply to political groups? Successful enforcement?
blatant incompetence, 1, or outright partisanry, 2

blatant incompetence, 1, or outright partisanry, 2

"Partisanry" isn't a word, but groups from both sides of the aisle got away with this. And they were both targeted for audits to prevent them from getting away with it. And I agree that the IRS is badly understaffed. That is obviously by design to help tax cheats get away with it.

"Partisanry" isn't a word, but groups from both sides of the aisle got away with this. And they were both targeted for audits to prevent them from getting away with it. And I agree that the IRS is badly understaffed. That is obviously by design to help tax cheats get away with it.
neither was your use of populace (or as you said populice in that other thread)

thanks for the word choice tip tho

neither was your use of populace (or as you said populice in that other thread)

thanks for the word choice tip tho

I've made more than one typo in my life, but I'm proud to say that I've never ducked an argument by bringing up an old typo that someone else made. Do better. For that matter, try not to be so blatantly partisan.

It would be a fallacy if @Kafir-kun were making a *logical* claim--that anything Molyneux said necessarily must be false. To say (or imply) that a source has been found to be untrustworthy and thus needs better corroboration is not a fallacy. It's the reverse of the "argument from authority fallacy" fallacy. To say that an expert's claim logically must be true is a fallacy, but to say that an expert's claim is more likely to be true than that of someone who knows nothing about a subject is a true claim.
Precisely. I haven't evaluated the claims made and sources cited in the video @Farmer Br0wn posted so I can't possibly claim that they're false or distortions. But having seen someone else point out the kind of distortions he has made else where I have reason to doubt him. To put in the effort necessary to actually go through all his sources to know whether or not he's honestly representing them or if he's citing legitimate sources is a tall task. Expecting me to do so seems like a lot to ask.

I've made more than one typo in my life, but I'm proud to say that I've never ducked an argument by bringing up an old typo that someone else made. Do better. For that matter, try not to be so blatantly partisan.
not partisan in the slightest, stop projecting

Have you ever voted for a Republican presidential candidate?

b/c I haven't......but I'M PARTISAN hahahahahahahah

What was the IRS found guilty of?

Nothing. They settled. "Overzealous audits" is what this is about. There was a huge surge in requests for a non-profit designation from political groups in 2010 and 2012 that overtaxed the IRS, which then began using certain search terms--"progressive," "occupy," "patriot," and "Tea Party" among them--and scrutinizing those groups further. Groups that had those words in their titles felt unfairly targeted and brought a suit. Initially, the full list of search terms was not made public and it was strongly implied that it was only conservative groups being targeted, which is what prompted action.

not partisan in the slightest, stop projecting

Have you ever voted for a Republican presidential candidate?

b/c I haven't......but I'M PARTISAN hahahahahahahah

All these "hahs" when you realize you have no intelligent response makes you look crazy.

IRS is full of cans. Not surprised.

Read the article, they settled and admitted wrongdoing.
Guilty means a crime was committed not that you're settling a lawsuit. So what crime were they charged with and found guilty of?

IRS found guilty,

Liberal shartdoggers response,

The leftist in this thread would do well to remember the advice of this incredible author:

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

-Ayn Rand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back