IRS guilty, ordered to pay 3.5 million to conservatives..

I would say both are extremely important scandals, but only one gets you riled up. Why do you think that is?

Because Donald Trump, the private citizen had no power over my life.

The IRS on the other hand....

It's a matter of, 'if they can target them and be allowed to get away with it, who will they target tomorrow?'

It's a matter of, 'if they can target them and be allowed to get away with it, who will they target tomorrow?'

He does now. You voted a known con man to hold the most powerful position in the world.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out what I saw as hypocrisy. I don't want to derail the thread any further.

Yet he had settled and paid cash on lawsuits for:
  • sexual assault
  • Trump U scam
  • Housing Racial discrimination
  • Antitrust suit brought by justice department
  • Defamation

Yet you voted him as you president AFTER all this. Trump is the one who said "doesn't settle!" right???

Not a smidgion of corruption

A few dissatisfied customers does not a con man make.

I'm sure he paid $25 mil out of the goodness of his heart. That $25 mil only went to cover about 80-90% of losses, so more than a "few" people reported the scam.

Your.....ha ha ha he didint write you're....
Let me share it with my buddy .

Yeah you guys must be a blast.

Guess that's all you got when you live in certain places.

Almost feel bad for you guys.....

It was just a joke, although you’re kinda of a moran for doing it again in the very post you were responding too. Try not to let it unhinge you so.

Being that left leaning groups were also targeted I think we can check off the idea this was ordered by Obama to specifically attack right wing groups.

That was a finding of the the internal investigation, and it reeks of CYA. I was still on the Left when the story came out, and I even rolled my eyes at this explanation back then.

You're aware the IRS was found guilty and has to pay conservative groups $3.5 million because they were audited out of participation of the 2012 election.

We already have evidence of election fraud in 2012 for the benefit of Democrats. A court of law agrees with me. The same court disagrees with your assessment.

Democratic favored election fraud that has been proven in 2012: $3.5 million dollars worth of election fraud according to a court of law.

Republican favored election fraud that's been proven in 2012:
None.

Democratic favored election fraud that's been proven in 2016: Donna Brazile giving the Hillary campaign debate questions in advance, in an attempt to make Hillary appear more competent than she was, thus defrauding the voters of knowing the candidates true thoughts on the matter.

Republican favored election fraud that's been proven in 2016:
None.

Whenever leftists talk about election fraud, I always remember this timeless axiom:

"Leftist always project."
You are gonna have to elaborate on your 2012 election fraud when both left and right groups were targeted.

Danna Brazile doesn't work for the government, did nothing illegal, and can giving Zillary Trinton questions actually be considered "election fraud" by the definition of it? What about Hannity having the same lawyer as Frump and running pro Frumpf arguments all day in state television? What about Wikileaks and Russia helping your daddy? So a couple questions is much more of an "election fraud" then any of that? I think not.

That was a finding of the the internal investigation, and it reeks of CYA. I was still on the Left when the story came out, and I even rolled my eyes at this explanation back then.
Meh, I stand by it. Both sides targeted, not ordered by Obama.

nope, live and let live my dude

what other people do, short of like pederasty or some weird ish, has zero bearing on me.

I have concluded that anyone who looks at issues and not blind partisan to either main party is automatically labeled a partisan Right Winger in the WR.

I have concluded that anyone who looks at issues and not blind partisan to either main party is automatically labeled a partisan Right Winger in the WR.
i think more would be deemed 'libertarian' or independent if a) people took that whole party more seriously, and B) Greoric wasn't setting the example as the ultra Libertarian, small government guy as many of us are probably levels below him on that ideological scale

Meh, I stand by it. Both sides targeted, not ordered by Obama.

Would you at least concede that it is wrong for the IRS to target political groups based solely on their politics? It would be significant, because many on the Left subscribe to the belief that government misconduct is okay, as long as it targets adversaries.

Would you at least concede that it is wrong for the IRS to target political groups based solely on their politics? It would be significant, because many on the Left subscribe to the belief that government misconduct is okay, as long as it targets adversaries.
No one should be be targeted. Many on the left? Show proof of that.

But 70% reject reality on the issue. That is huge, and not something that can be waved away. The rejection of non-partisan information sources is rotting the brain and morals of the right in America.

Well, I certainly agree that Trump's election represents a move away from the "party of morals." But there are still no Republican leaders willing to do anything about climate change or to really do anything different from what W did (regressive tax cuts, deregulation, aggressive foreign policy).

Obama spearheaded a plan.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...ministration-idea-to-save-coal-country-214885

Killed by Republicans, who obviously didn't bring coal jobs back either.

Should make people skeptical of polluting companies rather than attempts to fight pollution.

Well, to their credit, that bill is for 1 billion over 5 years. I think the coal industry does like 20-30 billion per year. Moreover, that article says that it would go into things like tourism and manufacturing, with no real plan to implement. What are they going to do, waste money to run ads for people to come visit Kentucky and West VA? What manufacturer is going to go to land lock, mountainous states?

Plus it says it was introduced on the last day of the Obama administration? Seems like a mocking gesture if anything lol.

It even says they worked endlessly for 8 years to craft the proposal, and that is all they can come up with? These people need a much more detailed, comprehensive plan, if you want to change that their mindset. Otherwise it is just more empty promises and money that the government will squander. To bad they don't have more IRS to make sure spending is being done properly. I don't blame these people one bit for looking at that plan and rolling their eyes.

That being said, fuck Mitch McConnell and kind.

Well, to their credit, that bill is for 1 billion over 5 years. I think the coal industry does like 20-30 billion per year. Moreover, that article says that it would go into things like tourism and manufacturing, with no real plan to implement. What are they going to do, waste money to run ads for people to come visit Kentucky and West VA? What manufacturer is going to go to land lock, mountainous states?

Plus it says it was introduced on the last day of the Obama administration? Seems like a mocking gesture if anything lol.

The administration pushed variations many years before, too. And that wasn't the full extent of the help given. The issue is that the industry is on the decline. You have some people trying to alleviate the problems and help transition local economies and workers to the next stage, and others making empty promises that they're going to turn back the clock while opposing any concrete aid.

Last edited:
And that wasn't the fuck extent of the help given.

giphy.gif

The administration pushed variations many years before, too. And that wasn't the fuck extent of the help given. The issue is that the industry is on the decline. You have some people trying to alleviate the problems and help transition local economies and workers to the next stage, and others making empty promises that they're going to turn back the clock while opposing any concrete aid.

I don't disagree the industry is in decline, and I am actually glad it is. I also don't disagree they are stupid for not accepting the aid. Despite seeing their point of view, I hate the coal industry. I am just saying, for those people to change their ways and get on board, they need something much more tangible. It sucks, because their need for the jobs, makes them cling on and buy into the bullshit of these politicians are feeding them. Their fear of losing their jobs allows their cognitive dissonance to justify that coal is a good thing. Meanwhile, the rest of the country demonizes them, which makes them double down on their beliefs.

Instead of bailing out wall street or fighting foreign wars, they should have given that money to green energy companies and built a bunch of infrastructure for the region. Could power much of the east coast. That is the type of game plan is needed to change these peoples mindset.

lol @ the fuck extent.

Back