Irish Edmond claiming to be the worlds best coach

I really don't understand the hate John gets

Edmond took on a olympic Judo medalist, who was already a black belt.

John took on Conor right after Conor hit puberty and was a little shit trying to learn how to defend himself.

A head coach isn't responsible for 1 facet of MMA, he responsible for the overall training for his students, and ensuring quality instructors, a quality facility, and quality game planning. John has exceeded in providing all of these to his students in a area with very little resources.

To disassociate the success of Conor with his head coach who he's been working with from the very beginning shows a deep lack of understanding in this sport.

How can you be the worlds best coach when you only have one notable fighter?

Greg Jackson has coached multiple world champions, same as the staff at TAM and AKA, Kavanagh only has McGregor.

How can you be the worlds best coach when you only have one notable fighter?

Greg Jackson has coached multiple world champions, same as the staff at TAM and AKA, Kavanagh only has McGregor.
CLEARLY, you forgot about King Artem!!!

He manages mcgregors training, development and strategies.
Being a coach for an mma fighter does but mean they should be ip man. Its like i don't think Greg Jackson is teaching Reem how to kick.

Man you set yourself up.

Wink is teaching Reem how to kick.

So he is behind McGregor's amazing cardio?
He put the pieces in place to improve his cardio. He got lockhart in, changed the routine and the difference was evident in diaz 2 compared to 1.
Man you set yourself up.

Wink is teaching Reem how to kick.
I've strawmanned a little here. But still, Reem didn't know how to kick his entire time in pride/strike force? jackson finally showed him how . He probably drills kicking but isn't teaching him ffs.

This is the tournament to make. Edmund vs his irish twin as a headliner. Greg Jackson vs Duke Roufus as co main event. Andre Pederneiras vs Pizza guy, and Freddie Roach vs Firaz Zahabi. They could name the event UFC 218 battle of the coaches....

John took on Conor right after Conor hit puberty and was a little shit trying to learn how to defend himself.

Uhm no conor already had his first pro mma fight and trademark boxing skills before he joined SBG.

The seething from the McHATERZ never fails to amuse.

McG's 'success' is primarily the result of his own hyping/marketing tactics and a huge help and special treatment from Dana & UFC.

He is still an average MMA fighter and the more losses he accumulates in the future (if he fights at all!) the more obvious it will all be.

He put the pieces in place to improve his cardio. He got lockhart in, changed the routine and the difference was evident in diaz 2 compared to 1.

I've strawmanned a little here. But still, Reem didn't know how to kick his entire time in pride/strike force? jackson finally showed him how . He probably drills kicking but isn't teaching him ffs.

They brought in Seagull for the kicking.

You mean the same John Kavanagh that didn't know what gameplanning was until the Nate rematch? The same Owen Roddy that said Conor wasn't prepared for Floyd's boxing tactics?

<Lmaoo>

These two are the most undignified jock-sniffing groupies in the sport.

The same Kav that said when Conor accepted the Floyd fight and tweeted "the man has made a very grave error" chills went up his spine and he knew then that Conor was going to win.

That's the kind of coach every fighter wants. Nothing beats chills-coaching

McG's 'success' is primarily the result of his own hyping/marketing tactics and a huge help and special treatment from Dana & UFC.

He is still an average MMA fighter and the more losses he accumulates in the future (if he fights at all!) the more obvious it will all be.

He does a great job of getting into his opponents head and force them to fight his fight. Also imo he exposed how low the level of boxing in the ufc is. Conor would be a journeyman in boxing right now but compared to his mma opponents his hands are great and they all follow him into that left straight counter trap. But other than that I agree with you.

Last edited:
Irish Edmond and coach Roddy claiming to be the worlds best coaching team. I don't understand why Irish Edmond is taking so much credit for McGregor's success, he is McGregor's Jiu Jitsu coach, and it's not submissions that is Mac's trademark....

You have a point I think all of Conors losses comes from him getting subbed

Back