Iran border security

Tos

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Iran is probably in the worst region in the world right now (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq/Syria, Turkey, the emirates not too far away either). Despite this, there hasn't been any terrorist attack on its soil since the killing of nuclear scientist a few years ago,

15 January 2007: Ardeshir Hosseinpour reportedly died of gas poisoning from a faulty heater,[12] though claims or suggestions have since been made of foul play.[15][16]
  • 12 January 2010: Masoud Alimohammadi was killed on his way to work by a booby-trapped motorcycle parked near his car in north Tehran.[2]
  • 29 November 2010: Majid Shahriari was killed in northern Tehran by a magnetic bomb attached to his car by a motorcyclist. Shahriari's wife was wounded in the attack.[13]
  • 29 November 2010: An attack identical to that which killed Shahriari was made on Fereydoun Abbasi, but Abbasi managed to escape the vehicle before the bomb exploded. Both he and his wife were wounded in the attack.[13]
  • 23 July 2011: Darioush Rezaienejad was returning home with his wife and five-year-old daughter when he was shot and killed by motorcycle-borne gunmen.[7]
  • 11 January 2012: Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan was killed by a magnetic bomb attached to his car
or the mysterious blast close to one of the reactor,

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...n-s-isfahan-damaged-key-nuclear-site-1.398671

Do you think Iran is lucky, has an efficient approach to border security since the assassination or that its enemies don't see the point of going after Iran right now? Meanwhile in Europe you had 1 or 2 big terrorist attacks per year for the past decade. Even Israel with arguably less threats around it suffers attacks within every now and then.

I would like to know your opinion/analysis on this.

Cheers

Iran is up in everybody's shit similar to Sadam Hussein but without the indiscriminate killings. They're constantly shutting down terror cells in the news as well, although it's their state news who typically reports that so expect as much bias as CNN, NYT, Fox News, AP, etc.

As for their scientists mysteriously dying, they're obvious assassinations. Mossad or CIA

Only 9% of Iranians are sunni, and out of that 9% only a few are arabs.

Also Iran doesnt allows salafi mosques in their territory, i think we can deduce a thing or two from those premises.

And yeah, Scientist murders are obviously assassinations carried by Mossad financed and trained terror cells in Iran, but you cant call them terrorism or you are an antisemite.

I think it's a very interesting case, showing that terror attacks are not unavoidable. It all comes down to the way interior security is dealt with.

Sure it helps that the population is homogeneously shiite, but you still have a population of 80 millions. Therefore spying on everybody is difficult. Plus I have friends from there and visited. It didn't feel at all like a police state .

I think it's a very interesting case, showing that terror attacks are not unavoidable. It all comes down to the way interior security is dealt with.

Sure it helps that the population is homogeneously shiite, but you still have a population of 80 millions. Therefore spying on everybody is difficult. Plus I have friends from there and visited. It didn't feel at all like a police state .

A better case is Israel proper, they do have a massive amount of sunni arabs, but like Iran, they wont allow hateful preachers to preach.

So we can easily infer that terrorism is indeed religiously motivated, but we can also infer that its not Islam per se what causes terrorism, but some very specific and militant brands of it.

I've read a few headlines about Iran foiling terrorist attacks every now and then but that's it. And yes, the Shiite population matters. Even in Iraq all the terror attacks only happen where Sunni's live. They don't have that refugee crisis that Syria has because the majority of their population rejects Sunni terrorists.

Also, I believe the Sunni population in Iran is located in isolated, God forsaken corners such as Balochistan and I'm sure the government spies on them.

Well if you are behind 50% of the terrorist attacks you already have a 50% lower chance of getting hit.

Their police also doesn't have the same restriction European police have. If you let the Gestapo run anti terrorism in Europe we wouldn't have many attack either.

Well if you are behind 50% of the terrorist attacks you already have a 50% lower chance of getting hit.

Their police also doesn't have the same restriction European police have. If you let the Gestapo run anti terrorism in Europe we wouldn't have many attack either.

Good to see the MSM brainwashing worked on you, i hope you enlist in the future war against Iran once the neocons are back in power.

Good to see the MSM brainwashing worked on you, i hope you enlist in the future war against Iran once the neocons are back in power.

50% might be a bit high but are you trying to say the media made up Iran's involvement in terrorism or their human rights abuses?

50% might be a bit high but are you trying to say the media made up Iran's involvement in terrorism or their human rights abuses?

Every country is involved in terrorism, even the USA.

And yes, their human rights abuses suck just like every country in the middle east.

Iran is a close ally and we need to trust and respect their authority.

Every country is involved in terrorism, even the USA.

And yes, their human rights abuses suck just like every country in the middle east.

True, but Iran is certainly one of the worst when it comes to sponsoring terrorism. And not just recently they are doing it fora long time.

It helps that the population is homogeneously shiite.

hapssh.gif

True, but Iran is certainly one of the worst when it comes to sponsoring terrorism. And not just recently they are doing it fora long time.

Yes, but they dont attack targets randomly or are looking for terror effect, its a tool, in the tit for tat battle between Iran, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Also iranian terrorists arent randomly killing people in the west.

Are you stuck in 1979? That's a pretty ignorant statement.

One of the worst? Worse than Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and US? I don't think so.

One of the worst? Worse than Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and US? I don't think so.
In anyway you could define it, Iran is one of the worst for sponsoring terrorism but I think what snake means or what the MSM means is that Iran's terror groups actually work in coordination with Iran and maintain connections, where Saudi Arabia just throws money at any crazy goatfucker and hopes for the best. The Iranian way is more effective but also makes it look worse for them because they're ordering around terrorist groups where our "allies" sneakily funnel money and stop there.

Of course the context is what Rod said, Iranian terror groups usually target government and military so they're not dangerous to the average Westerner.

This begs the question: what kind of terrorism is Iran involved in?

Up to know it's basically been understood are supporting Hezbollah and Hamas - basically anti-Israel. For that Iran is labelled as the foremost, undisputed, undefeated, reigning, defending, state sponsor of terrorism. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia and Qatar are literally sponsoring ISIS and AQ, and there's barely an admonition.

Basically state sponsor of terror is a worthless political term that is used as a bludgeon with no consistent application. It's worth will be further eroded by the JCPOA as the Iranian bogey man is watered down.

Iran doesn't have the same kind of domestic attacks because it's a stable country with a largely non-sunni population and a large intelligence apparatus.

Last edited:

looooooooooool
too much german tv will do that.

Can you come up with any "Terror Groups" sponsored by Iran besides Hezbollah (A Shiite Militia formed in Israeli-occupied southern Lebanon or Hamas (Terror/Political Group formed in Israeli-occupied Gaza)?

Back