Iole: Canelo vs GGG 1-1.15m buys

Iole

that means add another .3 to that =)

I think it's on the lower end, but how PPV is calculated I don't think they can tell already on the amount. If stuff is being talked about this soon, then it surely did super well

I am shocked

Iole

that means add another .3 to that =)

I think it's on the lower end, but how PPV is calculated I don't think they can tell already on the amount. If stuff is being talked about this soon, then it surely did super well

I am shocked

Meltzer hasn't given an early number yet, so who knows where Iole got it

how the fuck it takes 3 weeks for them to get an estimate is beyond me.

people paid to see this. you have every single transaction logged somewhere. it's 2018, they should have the exact number of buys 2 seconds after the fight concludes.

people paid to see this. you have every single transaction logged somewhere. it's 2018, they should have the exact number of buys 2 seconds after the fight concludes.

There are a lot of different providers. A lot of this is calculated with releasing information for stockholders, though. The actual numbers for HBO PPVs are always released in one way or another (and they, legally, have to be exact) because HBO is part of a larger publicly traded company (AT&T, now, I think). If the numbers or indicators aren't great news for the promotion, they won't be released immediately, though (I think most realize that the likes of Iole and other boxing reporters are often little more than mouthpieces for different promoters).

Here is how it works

Different providers release numbers per their accounting practices
Some release an early estimate ASAP (DTV) some do it after 30 days & some do it a certain day of the month.
Plus adjustments are made for errors/refunds/etc.

So when Dave Meltzer (who just said his early numbers are 1-1.05m) give early estimates, it is based off what numbers were reported by providers at that time.
Meaning if in the past year the X-amount of providers that reported a number are usually 65% of the total, then that is where you get the early numbers from.

There are a lot of different providers. A lot of this is calculated with releasing information for stockholders, though. The actual numbers for HBO PPVs are always released in one way or another (and they, legally, have to be exact) because HBO is part of a larger publicly traded company (AT&T, now, I think). If the numbers or indicators aren't great news for the promotion, they won't be released immediately, though (I think most realize that the likes of Iole and other boxing reporters are often little more than mouthpieces for different promoters).

Here is how it works

Different providers release numbers per their accounting practices
Some release an early estimate ASAP (DTV) some do it after 30 days & some do it a certain day of the month.
Plus adjustments are made for errors/refunds/etc.

So when Dave Meltzer (who just said his early numbers are 1-1.05m) give early estimates, it is based off what numbers were reported by providers at that time.
Meaning if in the past year the X-amount of providers that reported a number are usually 65% of the total, then that is where you get the early numbers from.

there being a lot of different providers doesn't really change much, at least not from a technical standpoint. the errors / refunds adjustments are the only reason to delay anything, and i'd be willing to bet they represent an insignificant percentage.

i don't even know what i'm complaining about, to be honest. i don't give a shit about the numbers, lol. it just irks me when i hear about estimates weeks after the event, when i know for a fact it's all processed digitally and you literally have the exact fucking number of orders available at any time.

pay no attention to my complaints. i work in software development and i'm grumpy and shit like this annoys me for no reason.

there being a lot of different providers doesn't really change much, at least not from a technical standpoint. the errors / refunds adjustments are the only reason to delay anything, and i'd be willing to bet they represent an insignificant percentage.

i don't even know what i'm complaining about, to be honest. i don't give a shit about the numbers, lol. it just irks me when i hear about estimates weeks after the event, when i know for a fact it's all processed digitally and you literally have the exact fucking number of orders available at any time.

pay no attention to my complaints. i work in software development and i'm grumpy and shit like this annoys me for no reason.

I explained the bold & why it takes time ;)

Because company A has the number, they don't have to release it until it benefits them
I think its a 90 day window until numbers & payment is processed.
6 weeks after MayMac, Dave Meltzer said he had it at 4.25m domestic while SHO said 4.4-4.5
The final number was 4.3m when all came in.

If the goal was to figure out all of it ASAP and release it to the public, it would be done quickly, I agree. That's clearly not their goal, though. I'm sure the promotion figures it out fairly quickly, and I know the parent company (whose revenues which contribute to a publicly traded companies bottom-line) know pretty damn soon, as well, but no is in a rush to get the number public unless it's exceedingly good, or if a journalist/blogger/whoever just basing their number off other indicators.

Interesting addition by Meltzer

Of those buys, only 40,000 buys were streaming and the rest were traditional television.

Shows that Boxing fans are really old-school

Over a million is fine but canelo won’t be getting million dollar ppvs unless he fights GGG again.

Charlos, Hurd, Lara, Saunders, etc. All dream matches for canelo for us boxing fans but none of those break a míllion.

If canelo wants some epic worldwide ppv iconic event he needs to fight Conor or some retarded shit like that

Over a million is fine but canelo won’t be getting million dollar ppvs unless he fights GGG again.

Charlos, Hurd, Lara, Saunders, etc. All dream matches for canelo for us boxing fans but none of those break a míllion.

If canelo wants some epic worldwide ppv iconic event he needs to fight Conor or some retarded shit like that

Conor, regardless of dance partner, pulls these numbers. Oct 6 is predicted over 2m. Proving MMAs biggest star eclipses Boxing's at this time.

Canelo vs Conor would be a great fight in the Equilateral Triangle.

Interesting addition by Meltzer

Shows that Boxing fans are really old-school

40k was the number of streams that were given away for free. But I would assume the 40k streams reported must've been actual paid streams?

Wasn't there the other promotion going on too where you could get half your money back if you bought 2 12 packs of Tecate?

Conor, regardless of dance partner, pulls these numbers. Oct 6 is predicted over 2m. Proving MMAs biggest star eclipses Boxing's at this time.
Predicted by Dana White lol yeah

I wouldn't be too sure about that
If Oscar actually starts prompting Canelo properly he can hit 1m ppv with other dance partners

Conor WITH the UFC are pulling numbers like that , well see what his next fight will pull after the Russian

Also it's interesting that the ppv kings of both sports are gingers

I wouldn't be too sure about that
If Oscar actually starts prompting Canelo properly he can hit 1m ppv with other dance partners

Conor WITH the UFC are pulling numbers like that , well see what his next fight will pull after the Russian

Also it's interesting that the ppv kings of both sports are gingers

CM Punk vs Carrot Top!

Predicted by Dana White lol yeah
He actually predicted 2.5m. Seems counter-intuative to predict so high? But that's what he does? Conor always smashes a million though and I wouldn't be surprised at close to 2m for his comeback.

Back