Invicta FC 7: Honchak vs. Smith DISCUSSION (NOW FREE!) www.invictafc.com

Can I have some of what you are smoking? She was getting the shit kicked out of her. 2 more kicks to that lead leg and she wasn't going to be getting up. The only reason she got that takedown and looked good at the end of the round was the fact Nakamoto's knee blew out.

Its obvious you weren't sober. I recommend re-watching that fight. The momentum shifted after Murphy landed that shot that bloodied Nakomoto's nose. Murphy was getting stronger and Nakomoto was fading which, if the injury hadn't happened, would have made for an interesting 4th and 5th round.

i don't see how one victory over a vastly over rated fighter gets her a title shot,Namajunas was a tougher opponent.

Its obvious you weren't sober. I recommend re-watching that fight. The momentum shifted after Murphy landed that shot that bloodied Nakomoto's nose. Murphy was getting stronger and Nakomoto was fading which, if the injury hadn't happened, would have made for an interesting 4th and 5th round.

Indeed, some need to rewatch the fight. Nakamoto looked great, sticking her chin out in the air and dropping her hands Silva style. Except as soon as Murphy (who has a hell of a chin) bloodied Nakamoto, she immediately surged and went on the offense, to which Nakamoto started looking slower and slower and taking more and more shots. Cue Coteknee.

Not on JoJo's hype train just yet. She's obviously very cute but she didn't WOW me at any point in the fight. Frankly I think the fight raised her opponent's stock more than her own.

Nope. A couple more shots from Nakamoto and Murphy's night was going to be over.

I did pretty well for the picks
Honchak proved her legitness even through she was 2 to 1 underdog showed such well roundedness and decisively defeated someone from 135 whom fought evenly with Kaufman.
Miriam was very impressive in the first two round she seems like a big and strong 135er but may have cardio issue for 5 rounds she does seem super tired after weight cut. Murphy was tough kept on pressuring despite losing everywhere in the first two rounds.

I didn't do so bad either :icon_chee

My picks

Leslie Smith Vs. Barb Honchak
I don't think Barb is coming into this fight to win FOTN, so I don't think she will get sucked into Leslie's game like others have in the past. I got Honchak by decision.

Lauren Murphy Vs. Miriam Nakamoto
I honestly have this fight as a toss-up. I haven't seen anything from Nakamoto wrestling wise or her ground game to make any kind of judgement on how this fight will play out. And being able to stuff takedowns from Duke doesn't mean much since Murphy's wrestling is on a completely different level. I think this fight will be decided along the cage and will come down to whether Nakamoto's clinch game is strong enough to nullify Murphy's wrestling. Very excited for this fight.

Felice Herrig Vs. Tecia Torres
I think Torres is just too fast and will have the edge in the striking. I got Torres by UD.

Joanne Calderwood Vs. Katja Kankaanpaa
I think Jojo will respond to Katja's wall n' stall with knees and elbows to the body and face. I got Jojo by UD.

Julia Budd Vs.Charmaine Tweet
Budd by slaughter.

Vanessa Porto Vs. Zoila Frausto-Gurgel
Zoila has a habit of backing up towards the cage and allowing her opponent to stalk her, if she fights the way she fought against Maia, Fujii and Aguilar, then Porto takes this easily. The X-factor though is that she's been training at CSA with some really tough chicks so hopefully she shows up as a different fighter. But as of now, I got Porto by UD.

Tonya Evinger Vs. Sarah D'Alelio
D'Alelio is more well rounded, has stronger BJJ and in better shape. I got D'Alelio by sub.

Munah Holland Vs. Nina Ansaroff
I honestly don't know enough about either fighter to make an informed call on this one.

Glad that Invicta did well last night but the card bored the hell out of me.

I feel like I was the only one who wasn't really impressed... but then again, my interest in WMMA has gone down over the past year or so.

Glad that Invicta did well last night but the card bored the hell out of me.

I feel like I was the only one who wasn't really impressed... but then again, my interest in WMMA has gone down over the past year or so.

Fair enough... The fights were competitive (besides Budd) but there weren't really any memorable moments.

I really enjoyed watching Torres put on a clinic though.

Post fight Press Conference:

[YT]8sZCphGr11I[/YT]

Shorter clip, but better audio:

Last edited:
Accidentally bet twice on Tiny Tornado. Does not feel bad about it :D

Julia Budd said after the win that she wants a shot at Cyborg. I think she'll get her wish real soon.

Accidentally bet twice on Tiny Tornado. Does not feel bad about it :D

Julia Budd said after the win that she wants a shot at Cyborg. I think she'll get her wish real soon.

I don't think she meant NEXT, but rather down the line. She has been working on her TD's and ground game alot.

Was an ok event, some decent fights but a few snoozers to. Was really dissapointed Esparzas fight was cancelled.

Torres v herring was a bit one sided, for fight of the night.

Yeah, usually FOTN is given to best back and forth battle; Smith did get a round from Honchak and both fighters got in plenty of good shots. Torres vs. Herrig was just an ass-kicking, or "total domination", as Tecia put it. But I understand what Brokensprocket is trying to say; Tecia easily had the break-out performance of the evening and deserves something!

Jarl

Yeah, usually FOTN is given to best back and forth battle; Smith did get a round from Honchak and both fighters got in plenty of good shots. Torres vs. Herrig was just an ass-kicking, or "total domination", as Tecia put it. But I understand what Brokensprocket is trying to say; Tecia easily had the break-out performance of the evening and deserves something!

Jarl

Alright, I concede Honchak vs Smith should get FOTN, based on the back and forth action. But, Torres vs Herrig was the most exciting fight to go the distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I concede Honchak vs Smith should get FOTN, based on the pack and forth action. But, Torres vs Herrig was the most exciting fight to go the distance.

Agreed, and I really wish they gave out performance of the night awards for those fighters that really put on a good show, implement their gameplan, etc., but are not able to get the finish.

Still, I'm sure Torres got some locker room love for her performance but would be nice to see her publicly acknowledged and rewarded. Although I guess in this case the reward was getting called out by the champ!

Last edited:
Back