Invicta FC 33 Frey vs Grusander 2 Dec 15 Live on Fight Pass

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DuV9LRsU8AIDULI.jpg:large

Card 5:30/8:30 PT/ET

Jinh Yu Frey (7-3) vs. Minna Grusander (6-2)
Danielle Taylor (9-4) vs. Monserrat Ruiz (8-0)
Sharon Jacobson (5-3) vs. Kay Hansen (3-2)
Amber Brown (7-4) vs. Alesha Zappitella (4-0, 1 NC)
Jamie Moyle (4-3) vs. Brianna Van Buren (4-2)
Sarah Kleczka (2-1) vs. Brittney Victoria (2-0)
Ashley Medina (0-1) vs. Anastasia Nikolakakos (2-0)
Chantel Coates (0-0) and Ashlynn Kleinbeck (0-0)

Last edited:
Atomweights Jinh Yu Frey (7-3) and Minna Grusander (6-2) are going to run it back at Invicta FC 33 on Saturday, Dec. 15 in Kansas City.

The pair met previously in July, with the Texas fighter Frey edging Finland’s Grusander on the scorecards after five, hard-fought rounds. Frey not only took home the victory, but also the 105-pound belt.

It seems to me that there usually aren't quick rematches at Invicta FC unless there was controversy (as with Evinger vs. Kunitskaya). Could this rematch be a nod to all who thought Grusander should have gotten the decision the first time?

Last edited:
So Taylor isn't dropping to 105? Strange, always thought size disadvantage was a big factor in her performances

It seems to me that there usually aren't quick rematches at Invicta FC unless there was controversy (as with Evinger vs. Kunitskaya). Could this rematch be a nod to all who thought Grusander should have gotten the decision the decision the first time?

Probably, and Frey & Grusander & their camps feel they can get a decisive victory this time around.

didn't know she was a cop :eek:

maybe her goal in fighting is just trying to shutdown the entire sport of MMA by killing it's entertainment

And show that police need not use excessive force.

It seems to me that there usually aren't quick rematches at Invicta FC unless there was controversy (as with Evinger vs. Kunitskaya). Could this rematch be a nod to all who thought Grusander should have gotten the decision the first time?
well obviously.

the vast majority of people thought Grusander won that fight. Not many people voted on MMAdecisions, but amongst those who did only 13% thought that Frey won that fight. (although im not sure if people are more likely to use mmadecisions if they disagree with the judging decision, hard to know)

Onto the card, I only have one issue with it.

At about 4am I am going to have to sit through 15 minutes of Danielle Taylor

I dont like to see anyone get injured, but i really wouldnt mind if she was replaced on teh card

I think Danielle Taylor's problem is the fact she has short stubby arms
and short stubby legs which means she has to be right on top of her
opponents for her kicks & strikes to be effective.

Fucking click bait I clicked thinking Don Frye is fighting

-I think Jacobson could be a rough match up for Murata. Murata has looked bad in any extended striking exchanges she's been forced into (against Rin Nakai & atomweight Kyra Batara no less). Jacobson should be a good enough wrestler to keep the fight standing for at least parts of the fight, and is a willing & relatively hard hitting brawler. I'm still probably picking Murata just being the younger faster fighter (also like the gym she's training at in the US), but I can see a clear path to a win for Jacobson.

-Thought Grusander won the first fight, but it will be fun to see what sort of adjustments both fighters' camps try to make.

-Taylor/Ruiz should probably just be at atomweight. Ruiz is a butterball 115'er.

-Hinshaw & DeCoursey are pretty solid wins for Zapps, but Amber Brown is a substancial step in competition. Brown would be a huge win for someone two years into a pro career. It'd probably be really good for the division if newcomers Grusander and Zapps both won here.

-Brittney Victoria looks like a brawler Instagram model. She's gonna get fast tracked if she wins fights.

Are there any special rules to make Grusander shower before the match? That was a bigger controversy then the scorecards.

Back