Invicta FC 28 3/24 8PM ET/5PM PT LIVE PBP DISCUSSION THREAD

Looking forward to this event. Gives me something to watch this Saturday.

The shocker to come out of early weigh ins was the fact
that Kali Robbins made weight at 115.4 lbs against a limit
of 116 lbs and also Deanna Bennett missed the limit for
Flyweight by 1.9 lbs which means she forfeits 25% of her
purse.

Mizuki Inoue (113.9) & Virna Jandiroba (115) both made
weight for there title fight.

Hadn't really thought about it, but Mizuki/Jandiroba is the best strawweight title fight that's happened in Invicta so far. Jandiroba is somebody who's beat Claudia Gadelha & Beatriz Mesquita in bjj competition, and Mizuki should have signed with the UFC four years ago. Claudia vs Esparza would have been it, if Claudia hadn't pulled out. What are the other options? Killer Bunny vs Eggink? Hill vs Souza? Yooo I really wish Esparza/Hamasaki had happened.

Rewatching Karolina/Mizuki. I remember Mizuki's head movement being so sharp; Karolina never could find her jab, Mizuki landing a million of em... but I forgot how strong Mizuki is clinching. She controlled most of the exchanges there. If Mizuki had any punching power, she'd be the dopest fighter on the planet. It's a crime she's not in the UFC, but some character like Nadia Kaseem or Chan Mi Jeon is.

Last edited:
Rewatching Karolina/Mizuki. I remember Mizuki's head movement being so sharp; Karolina never could find her jab, Mizuki landing a million of em... but I forgot how strong Mizuki is clinching. She controlled most of the exchanges there. If Mizuki had any punching power, she'd be the dopest fighter on the planet. It's a crime she's not in the UFC, but some character like Nadia Kaseem or Chan Mi Jeon is.
Why tear down other fighters? It doesn't actually elevate the fighter you want it to at all.

Why tear down other fighters? It doesn't actually elevate the fighter you want it to at all.

I am suggesting those two were thrown into the UFC too early, but I wouldn't say that's tearing anyone down.

My girl got a kick out of Elias at the weigh ins last night. Stoked for some Invicta tonight.

Bitter sweet Janaisa pulled out as this card wasn’t in KC where I’m able to attend each card therefore I wouldn’t had been able to meet/greet at the weigh ins and she’ll now probably return on one of the next few cards which usually take place in KC

<Fedor23>

Plus we all know regardless of who wins the main event, Janaisa is the uncrowned Invicta strawweight champ :p

20171209081134_06_Janaisa_Morandin_vs_Kinberly_Novaes_4.JPG

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I remember the "Crazy White Girl" tattoo from before, but I think it used to be easier to read...

just seen the weigh in results.

Is Bennett doing everything she possibly can to not get a second chance in teh UFC :D

just seen the weigh in results.

Is Bennett doing everything she possibly can to not get a second chance in teh UFC :D
She is extremely consistent in being terribly inconsistent.

Back