***Megan Anderson SHERDOG Q&A #2***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for Invicta FC Featherweight, Megan Anderson! She will answer your questions LIVE on SUNDAY, the 11th of December at 7:00 PM CT. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Megan Anderson is one of the top Featherweights in the world & in her next fight she will be competing in her first main event on January 14th against Charmaine Tweet at Invicta FC 21(tickets on sale Saturday!).

CzDxxx5UsAA3xNg.jpg:large

Megan holds a 7-2 pro record & is currently riding a three fight win streak all consisting of TKO finishes with her most recent being a first round victory over Peggy Morgan. All but two of her seven victories have been by way of stoppage. Three TKO's & two submissions. She started her pro career in 2013 & has burst onto the scene as one of the top threats to defeat Cris Cyborg. Standing at 6'0" & training with James Krause out of Glory MMA, this Aussie certainly has what it takes to do so. & with the recent news of the Featherweights soon to be making their way into the UFC...Megan will surely be helping lead the way as one of the staples of the division.​

b5kZmDee.jpg

Follow her here:

Twitter: @MeganA_mma
Instagram: megana_mma
Facebook: Megan Anderson MMA

Hey Megan it is great to finally get to interact with you. I am a huge fan.

Welcome back Megan it is an honour to have you back on Q&A Time. Ok First question Id like to ask is how does it feel to be featured as a main event for the very first time ever? Also you are up against an opponent that has fought 2 top superstars namely Ronda Rousey and Cris Cyborg. How have you been preparing for the fight?

Thanks for taking the time to do this thread for us. Massive fan from England.

What are your favourite music choons to listen to during your training camp/workouts?

Secondly, do you think Chael Sonnen has a shot at Bellator gold?

Thanks for your time.

@Homeless Infant bless too.

I have some good questions.
How do you feel about the UFC creating the women's featherweight division?
If any of the 135ers were to move up then which one would be your dream opponent?

Australia has the strongest scene of 65kg+ lady kickboxers. Do you know any of these people? Can you talk them into MMA?

Thanks for punching people.

Welcome back @Megan Anderson thank you for your time.

I'll leave the fight related questions to everybody else :p

What is your favorite Christmas movie? :D

Hey Megan, thank you for sharing your time with us!

Are you aware of the recent rumors of the UFC looking to create a Women's 145 pound division? Cyborg was rumored to be offered Holm and De Randaime for the inaugural title but she turned both matches down, needing more time off. If the UFC does create a Women's 145 pound division, how interested would you be in throwing your name in the hat to get a shot at Cyborg and the inaugural title?

Welcome back Megan it is an honour to have you back on Q&A Time. Ok First question Id like to ask is how does it feel to be featured as a main event for the very first time ever? Also you are up against an opponent that has fought 2 top superstars namely Ronda Rousey and Cris Cyborg. How have you been preparing for the fight?

Hi! it's pretty surreal to be main eventing an event like Invicta. It's a small town Aussie shiela's dream hahaha yeah she may have fought 2 too stars but she lost relatively easily so she's not at the top of her game.

Thanks for taking the time to do this thread for us. Massive fan from England.

What are your favourite music choons to listen to during your training camp/workouts?

Secondly, do you think Chael Sonnen has a shot at Bellator gold?

Thanks for your time.

@Homeless Infant bless too.
I listen to all different stuff. At the moment it's 80s hair bands as I'm trying to find a new walkout song.

Sure, chael had a chance.

I have some good questions.
How do you feel about the UFC creating the women's featherweight division?
If any of the 135ers were to move up then which one would be your dream opponent?
This is great news that they're adding the division. Gives girls like myself the opportunity to showcase our skills at the highest level and honestly I dont care who came up from the 135lb division lol I'd fight them.

Hi Megan. You have the bestest music tastes in the MMAs with your 80s rock walkouts. I like 80s rock too. HurHurHur.
1465810740501.png

- Who is your favorite 80s band?

- Do you think it would be fun for you to date one of those midget 80s singers like Klaus Meine, Dio (RIP), or Udo? Which Rock Star would you most want to date?

- Could you tell us about your tattoos? it looks like you have a warrior woman on one arm and a glamour chick on the other? (The two sides of you?)

- Have you ever thought about combining with Bec Rawlings and Jessie Jess in America to make 'Straya Top Team? You all have similar styles in and out the cage - do you think there's any reason for that? (I guess Alex Chambers can join, as the mastermind)

- I'm going to bet on you to KTFO Tweet. Should we ever meet, I'll owe you one. What's your poison? - and what do you think your next move will be if... uh, when you take her out?

- Rose Tatto or AC/DC? ((you should walk out to Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw IMO)

Australia has the strongest scene of 65kg+ lady kickboxers. Do you know any of these people? Can you talk them into MMA?

Thanks for punching people.
We do?? as far as I'm aware, most coming out of Australia is 61kg and under

Hi Megan, thanks for stopping by. You have a lot of fans here on Sherdog and as a fellow Aussie, obviously I am always in your corner.

I have perhaps an idiotic question. I was there to see you choke out a tough girl in Logan a couple of years ago. Did you think back then, because Ronda had just got the women's division going in the UFC, that you would ever be competing from the world stage for one of the most prestigious titles in women's MMA?

And how do you like the US? Do you like the food? Potatoes for breakfast and all that lol

Hey Megan, thank you for sharing your time with us!

Are you aware of the recent rumors of the UFC looking to create a Women's 145 pound division? Cyborg was rumored to be offered Holm and De Randaime for the inaugural title but she turned both matches down, needing more time off. If the UFC does create a Women's 145 pound division, how interested would you be in throwing your name in the hat to get a shot at Cyborg and the inaugural title?
Yeah of course I want to fight in the UFC. But i also dont want my first fight in there to be for a title. Debuting in the UFC is nerve racking enough let along doing it for a title as well. I haven't been approached or offered anything so we'd have to see and assess if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back