Invicta FC 19 September 23 Two Title Fights Headline

Sunna "Tsunami" Rannveig Davidsdottir

I just now checked about the name Davidsdottir, and it turned out that my guess was right: it means "David's daughter" in Icelandic. I had heard of names like Davidson, Johnson, Erikson, etc. before but I've never encountered a "daughter" version of a last name like this before.

Last edited:
Sunna Davíðsdóttir will win.

13063335_613762355459796_7114631163391687841_o.jpg

I'm really liking the daily countdown thing they've got going, it reveals enough about these fighters that you begin to root for them and most importantly, they make the fights matter, because u begin to understand what's at stake.

Roxy being champ would be a crowning achievement, and it couldn't have happened to a more positive and irrepressible spirit than I know.

Great thread, btw!

Aldana looks good and ready, I think she goes to a chiropractor?
Cs0B1qHUEAAaPTF.jpg

Last edited:

Sunna "Tsunami" Rannveig Davidsdottir

I just now checked about the name Davidsdottir, and it turned out that my guess was right: it means "David's daughter" in Icelandic. I had heard of names like Davidson, Johnson, Erikson, etc. before but I've never encountered a "daughter" version of a last name like this before.

in Iceland (and some east euro countries) your surname is altered by gender - and also in the case of Iceland the first half by the father's name, so if I go over there and sire a brood all my sons would have the surname 'Xuhsson' and all my daughters 'Xuhsdottir' ;)

----------------------------------

Jennifer 'Demian' Maia training her core with her BJJ students :p

14334296_1100968103334902_705734098_n.jpg

Sounds like we can expect some extra-special cosplay from Roxanne...

I'm really liking the daily countdown thing they've got going, it reveals enough about these fighters that you begin to root for them and most importantly, they make the fights matter, because u begin to understand what's at stake.
What's this? Is it a video series or something? I follow Invicta on twitter and instagram but I don't see what you're referring to.

Looking forward to this card. I just started watching Invicta this year and I've quickly locked on to several fighters that I really like.

What's this? Is it a video series or something? I follow Invicta on twitter and instagram but I don't see what you're referring to.

Looking forward to this card. I just started watching Invicta this year and I've quickly locked on to several fighters that I really like.

It's this:

See previous posts in this thread, as well.

Ah, just the visual countdown. Gotcha.

The Invicta Instagram account does the visual countdown, but I was admiring the person who's handling their social media effort Invicta has with it's fighters in doing a 'slow leak' of their Fight Card. Their Retweet relevance is Strong! :D

If you really want to follow the fighters as they count down the 'Days', the Invicta Twitter account is where u want to go!

https://twitter.com/InvictaFights

They just retweeted the Women's MMA Roundup preview:

and a retweet of one of their prospect fights has an article, too:

My point was that this isn't a coincidence, they've obviously got a real good Media Consultant/Coordinator who is setting all of this at rationed allowances, so that we, the fans, are engaged with the run up on a daily basis.

I guess I was just admiring the way they're doing it, rather than it being excruciating, it helps alleviate the pain of waiting that a fan like leto has.

Sorry for misunderstanding, although an 'Embedded-esque' series for Invicta would be an AWESOME idea!!! :cool:

Weigh ins will be 8pm est, 7pm CT Thursday evening, live stream on Facebook. Same sports bar as last time.

That would be a pretty cool experience. Eat some bar food, drink a beer or sip whiskey while watching fighters weigh in. Would be hilarious to see a finer step off the scale and reach for a beer instead of pedialyte.

Back