Invicta FC 19 September 23 Two Title Fights Headline

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score
invicta FC will return to the beautiful Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, MO on Sept 23, with two title fights announced.

14021647_1117762664983106_3381125036813299205_n.jpg

Verified bouts:

Flyweight Title: Jennifer Maia (13-4-1) vs. Roxanne Modafferi (19-12)
Atomweight Title: Ayaka Hamasaki (13-1) vs. Jinh Yu Frey (5-1)
Bantamweight: Irene Aldana (5-2) vs. Faith Van Duin (6-2)
Strawweight: Manjit Kolekar (8-0) vs. Kaline Medeiros (7-4)
Strawweight: Tiffany Van Soest (0-0) vs. Kalyn Schwartz
Atomweight: Julia Jones (4-0) vs. Stephanie Skinner (4-5)
Featherweight: Amber Leibrock (1-1) vs. Amy Coleman (2-0)
Strawweight: Ashley Greenway (1-0) vs. Sunna Rannveig Davidsdottir (0-0)

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Two-Titles-on-the-Line-at-Invicta-FC-19-109939
http://www.invictafc.com/2016/08/26/invicta-fc-19-adds-six-more-bouts/

Last edited:
It would be awesome to see Roxy win the title. Been a fan of her for ages and she's just one of the nicest people in the sport.

I don't see Hamasaki losing, especially if Jinh Yu tries to conserve her energy and outlast Ayaka, that just won't happen. Jinh needs to let loose and let her power make something happen.

It would be awesome to see Roxy win the title. Been a fan of her for ages and she's just one of the nicest people in the sport.

I don't see Hamasaki losing, especially if Jinh Yu tries to conserve her energy and outlast Ayaka, that just won't happen. Jinh needs to let loose and let her power make something happen.

nice av

Awesome. I'm not familiar with Maia but I have seen both Frey and Hamasaki fight recently.

Wasn't Aldana supposed to be rescheduled for this card, as well?

Roxy going for that belt, I am excited.

Nice matches...

Im taking Hamasaki and Maia though...

Hoping Roxy takes it, but won't be surprised if she doesn't.

For the atomweight title, I just hope for a good fight. Jinh Yu Frey needs to let her hands go a little more. She's been to hesitant since she fought Esquibel.

Yeah, would be nice to see both challengers win, but I do not really see that happening. Nothing against either champ, but I like both Rox and Frey quite a bit. Frey seemed to get thrown to the wolves a bit after her HL reel KO (which was damn impressive).

Earlier in the year the projected schedule suggested Invicta was going to be California or Nevada for the rest of the year, and now we're on the second KC card in a row. The shows are great either way, but I get nervous for the promotion after those big gaps of inactivity.

I kind of wish I wasn't buying a car soon. That Scottish Rite temple seating is bad ass. I'd be willing to fly out to this event.

i like Roxy but i think Jennifer will remain champ

also have to go with Ayaka

Really liking both title bouts, should be fun! Of course I'll be deep on Roxy's side, but it's a dang tall order to defeat Maia. Very good start for the card!

I wonder what's the status of the ex-Invicta TUFers Moyle and Aldrich? Would they be potentially returning to Invicta soon (even for this card?) or still under some option of getting booked to UFC. Been a while since they got out of the house, so just wondering.

EDIT: oh, Aldrich is fighting at FCF 53. Had completely missed that booking...

Last edited:
I love how Jinh tiptoes off with the ref, like "Oops! Did I do that?" Urkel style.

Yeah, broke her hand, too.

Miriam posted a video on instagram. Evidently she has not been dieting, heaviest I have ever seen her. So I guess she does not have anything coming up.

Tiffany Van Soest is on this card too. It'll be interesting to see what they do with her. I think she'll want to win the Glory tournament, get some fights in Invicta and be in the UFC by late next year.

Irene Aldana officially added to the event; opponent TBA. OP updated.

Back