Invicta FC 15: Cyborg vs. Ibragimova PBP (Discussion) 9pm ET/6pm PT/2am UK

Again I disagree, there is sooo much more area to grab onto the cage, it's easy to miss the rope when trying to grab in desperation
plus you don't just grab the cage to stop TD's but to hold/improve position, push with your feet, etc. It's there whenever you need it. The ring, not so much....
The pushing off is an advantage, sure. But grabbing the cage is dangerous as it can cut fighters' fingers and is painful to grab on to. A rope can be held onto by the arm, as well as the hand.

The girl is like 10 years undefeated and has the biggest win streak of any woman in mma probably.Also her fight vs Carano was the first big main event in wmma history.Ronda was in her division and went down.Not her fault that Ronda ducked her.She'd beat the 135 weak girls into a blody pulp,no wonder nobody wants to face her.

Never seen anyone telling Jones to go to MW to beat Silva.Nobody said GSP should go down to fight BJ.It's always the other way around.If you go down in weight you're a coward,just like Ronda was for fighting Miesha instead of Cyborg.

Cyborg is beating 9-1 cans.So what.Ronda was beating the same strikeforce girls in 30 seconds and people called her the best athlete ever although her striking looked worse than the girl fighting Cyborg...
Then why didn't Silva move up to fight Jones or GSP move up to fight Silva? They had a much longer run and never moved up. Why does Cyborg keep calling out smaller fighters who are not in her weight class? Isn't that even more "cowardly" than your example? Ronda and Holly need to fight Cyborg for dickheads like you? They are making just as much money and fame fighting girls in their division. Cyborg is getting more and more irrelevant.

I wish there was a button I could press to hide all Cyborg talk

12489355_982681351824572_5671009882121030083_o.jpg

Mizuki's coach is a hidden gem.

Wow, watching Mizuki/Lacey right now and what a great fight! Mizuki is so slick on the ground, but I am also impressed with Shuckman's defensive grappling, she had some good technical moments on the ground too. This is the type of grappling exchanges that I enjoy watching. Mizuki is 100% bad ass, this girl should be in the UFC right now. Great grappling, transitions, gnp, and submission attempts .. loved how active she is one the ground. Love Mizuki! :)

Mittens: 112672869 said:
Yeah, should have mentioned that too. Hill's striking was neat, hopefully she gets to improve her weaknesses in Invicta and we'll see a more complete skillset in the future. She got it pretty dang hard in UFC against Rose and Torres...

Anyway, also forgot to say that this was a card where I wasn't a true fan of any single fighter and I was mostly watching it for the title shots and "hey, Invicta is on!" type of reasons, but it still got me throughly entertained. That's a job well done, if anything

Watching MMA up to 8 in the morning makes one forget things

I am a fan of Bennett and was rooting for her last night, but prefer to see her at 125 as she seems to have more energy and power at that weight. Souza took it to her though. She's just so explosive and hard to gauge as she makes you pay for the smallest mistake.

Nice to see Inoue back in the win column. Keep in mind she's still young too, only a few months older than PVZ in fact. There's still plenty of time for her to put everything together and eventually become a champion.

Just got round to watching this and I thought the Raquel Pa'Aluhi vs Colleen Schneider was bizarrely commentated.

I don't know if there was a vested interest in Colleen to win for some reason, but I had Raquel winning 30-27 and throughout the fight all three commentators were making out like it was a clear romp of a win by Colleen.

Just got round to watching this and I thought the Raquel Pa'Aluhi vs Colleen Schneider was bizarrely commentated.

I don't know if there was a vested interest in Colleen to win for some reason, but I had Raquel winning 30-27 and throughout the fight all three commentators were making out like it was a clear romp of a win by Colleen.
i thought it could have gone either way. obviously i am bised on her side, but nobody in her corner really thought she was robbed even though dewey and robert both thought she won, they weren't really pissed by the decision. i gave her the second and 3rd, but all 3 were so close. what i was told was the long wait really messed her up (as it could have colleen as well), and the upkick she caught really messed her up for the rest of the fight. that led to her not using her boxing as much and being less effective than we were all expecting. and of course the cut had her fighting with one eye. the cut was a reopening of an old one she had and has not gone to have the scar tissue removed from. she is going to have to get that fixed or it will be an ongoing issue.

she is a tough girl and i know she will be back. this was far from the best she has looked. i think they made a big mistake and not really making colleen try to make weight as she barely even tried after missing on the scale. i think it showed as colleen was much stronger

oh and since there was no commission in the building, there was some shady shit seen going on in the back. lol

I thought Schneider won. Tbh I was kinda surpised that it was just a split.
(and I was rooting for Raquel btw)

And (before the fight) Evinger sounded very pro Raquel.
I don't really see why they would have a "vested interest" in Colleen winning. Not only did she not make weight - which could be problematic for a future title challenge - but also I think she's probably the lesser know (and imo also the less marketable) of the two.

I don't have any faith left in Cyborg v Rousey. The best fight for her in Invicta would be Walker. In all honesty she needs to try to get our of her Zuffa contract. She can Budd, Coenen 3, and also fight in Rizin's de facto Super-Featherweight division.

Back