Invicta FC 13: Cyborg vs. Fan Duin 11PM ET/8PM PT/3AM UK DISCUSSION (Fight Pass)

Come on, I'm not saying Ronda has a glass jaw or some shit. I'm saying she hasn't been hit with a huge shot in her career, never said she hasn't been touched at all. Did those look like big shots to you? Looked like they rushed at each other and both started swinging rushed hooks till Ronda clinched up.

I would not be surprised if McMann has more power in her punches than Cyborg. In the very least, I think it's easy to see McMann has the heaviest hands in women's bantamweight. McMann is built like a tank and when she swings you can tell she has serious power in her hands.

I'd have to go back and watch a gif with a better angle but I'm pretty sure Rousey got cracked with at least one really good one by McMann.

Come on, I'm not saying Ronda has a glass jaw or some shit. I'm saying she hasn't been hit with a huge shot in her career, never said she hasn't been touched at all. Did those look like big shots to you? Looked like they rushed at each other and Sara started swinging rushed hooks till Ronda clinched up.

McMann broke Miesha's orbital bone with shots like that.

McMann broke Miesha's orbital bone with shots like that.

Just added that to my post as a perfect example. Surely you can't compare the punch that dropped Miesha with what you just saw in that gif. It was a huge overhand right, the kind of punch i'm saying Ronda hasn't been tagged with, not short hooks like these. Every punch from a fighter is not made equal. I don't see what i'm saying that seems to be so controversial.

Just added that to my post as a perfect example. Surely you can't compare the punch that dropped Miesha with what you just saw in that gif. It was a huge overhand right, the kind of punch i'm saying Ronda hasn't been tagged with, not short hooks like these. Every punch from a fighter is not made equal. I don't see what i'm saying that seems to be so controversial.

Ronda's been hit with several hard punches and she hasn't Muldova'd on any of them. A few others have testified of that here, but you're choosing to ignore them. So I guess well just have to agree to disagree.

Ronda's been hit with several hard punches and she hasn't Muldova'd on any of them. A few others have testified of that here, but you're choosing to ignore them. So I guess well just have to agree to disagree.

Ronda's striking form and distance management definitely shatters when she gets hit with any real amount of force, but yeah her response doesn't seem to be to collapse, it's to wade through the fire and close distance to clinch. It just so happens that's what her gameplan ultimately is regardless, so it's not such a bad fight instinct for her.

C'mon, Ayaka, win this one for Mark Zima!!

ianbeg.gif~c200

Thank you! It certainly had me worried when Herica landed that guillotine! :eek:

I can't believe she got out of that. Herica has to be kicking herself big time.

Waterson did an interview recently in which she admitted to panicking and tapping too soon in Tibursio's guillotine; she said she should have tried harder to get free. One thing Hamasaki doesn't do is panic. She always seems to have a cool head whatever is going on.

Waterson did an interview recently in which she admitted to panicking and tapping too soon in Tibursio's guillotine; she said she should have tried harder to get free. One thing Hamasaki doesn't do is panic. She always seems to have a cool head whatever is going on.

That's always a good thing to be able to control :)

To show support for herself on camera, yeah.

How is it "armchair psych" to see someone clapping for themselves on camera and then stating they're clapping for themselves on camera?

Because if all you see is someone clapping, you don't know why they are. You are attempting to describe their state of mind based on your nonexistent insight. This actually happens all the time despite your "I've never seen that" comment so I have to assume you are either completely ignorant and therefore unqualified to speak on the matter or you are lying. Have you ever been the subject of public praise or positive attention while in an audience and felt the automatic, knee-jerk reaction to clap along with everyone else? Yeah, I thought not.

In any case, she could have been clapping for any number of reasons, like to show appreciation for the fight card, or the last person that was on camera. The very idea of "clapping for yourself" is actually pretty stupid and hard to imagine, realistically. It makes no sense. Why would one do it? Even for someone full of themselves, it would make no sense. Do you think they are trying to make the clapping louder by adding their own insignificant contribution? LOL

Well at least you got to look cool by calling me "fool" and using the term "armchair psychology attempt".

Enjoy the last word.

Going to bed.

Gee, thanks.

method=get&s=cris-santos.png

As a caught cheater CYBORG must hate this picture. I mean, she looks like a non cheater here.

method=get&s=cris-santos.png

As a caught cheater CYBORG must hate this picture. I mean, she looks like a non cheater here.

It's had the life airbrushed out of it. Wouldn't be surprised if that's just a 3D render of a non-roided Cyborg.

We talk a lot about "Fedor Emelianegro" (Daniel Cormier) and other versions of Fedor. I'm going to say Hamasaki is the "FemaleDor" I've never seen anybody as calm and collected as her, and you can certainly see the fruits of it.

So I can get up at 5am, check the early results and see Shafir got KO'd again, then watch Kianzad and Hamasaki live winning me more money than I'll make at work in over a week, while drinking some fancy-ass coffee.
& Spend all day at work planning how I'm gonna spend dat Reebok-level monies this weekend.

So yeah... this happened.

feetup1-1024x682.jpg

7. I just don't know what to say. How can anyone be a Cyborg "fan"? Regardless of where she started or how she got there, she is more man than woman now. Who likes watching men beat up women? (I mean, other than about 10% of the guys that post on the heavies?).

I don't know about this "more man than woman" stuff, but it's pretty clear that these fights (Muxlow, Tweet, Van Duin) are a joke. Did anybody see Van Duin's first fight in Invicta and think "Hey there's somebody that should be fighting Cyborg"? Shannon Knapp should act responsibly and not book Cyborg again if they don't have any fighters qualified to be facing her. And if she won't, then athletic commissions should refuse to sanction matchups that are irresponsible and dangerous. There are only 8-10 female fighters in the world that are actually qualified to be booked in an MMA fight against Cyborg. None of them are in Invicta, and most of them do not currently fight at 145lbs.

Back