Invicta 24 - Dudieva-Borella - Kansas City

dont know if it will help with her cardio but Dudieva does look in better shape then she did in the past

Dud is also at 125lbs for this not 135 like in the UFC.

My gut is to choose Mara in the main, just cause Dudieva has poor fight iq (headlock throw, submission before position stuff) and cardio. The layoff is a curveball - is she improved, or the same fighter but just lighter.

Mara is tough and experienced, has a judo background iirc, trains at ATT and is probably more reliable in a 3 round fight, but her stand-up isn't great. Inconsistent for sure. It looked ok and at least powerful against Suvi Salmimies (lost money here), then poor against Lena Ovchynnikova the next bout.

Last edited:
My gut is to choose Mara in the main, just cause Dudieva has poor fight iq (headlock throw, submission before position stuff) and cardio. The layoff is a curveball - is she improved, or the same fighter but just lighter.

Mara is tough and experienced, has a judo background iirc, trains at ATT and is probably more reliable in a 3 round fight, but her stand-up isn't great. Inconsistent for sure. It looked ok and at least powerful against Suvi Salmimies (lost money here), then poor against Lena Ovchynnikova the next bout.

i agree, mara's standup looked terrible against lena. but lena has a lengthy kickboxing background, it's obvious mara was gameplanning to get the fight to the mat at every opportunity (she would have clearly won that fight if it wasn't for the ridiculous standups from the ref - twice in mount lol).

mara's standup is still miles better than dudieva who got outstruck by marion reneau.

dudieva took time off to have a kid while mara has been training with nunes and joana at american top team.

this has all the hallmarks of a terrible fight but i think dudieva is being given too much credit for being a ufc vet (like elizabeth phillips was before she got knocked out by a no name).

it's hard to be confident but have to play mara as a dog here. dudieva is imo the second worst female fighter we've had in the ufc after jessamyn duke.

ugh Sorenson =/ might just do a small freeroll since i got the +170 line

Milana Dudieva (125.8) vs. Mara Romero Borella (125.9)
Jinh Yu Frey (105.9) vs. Ashley Cummins (105.9)
Pam Sorenson (149.6)* vs. Helena Kolesnyk (145.9)
Karina Rodríguez (124.1) vs. Bárbara Acioly (125.9)
Miranda Maverick (125) vs. Gabby Romero (125.4)
Sunna Rannveig Davíðsdóttir (115) vs. Kelly D’Angelo (115.2)
Felicia Spencer (146) vs. Amy Coleman (149.5)*

*Sorenson and Coleman missed the featherweight limit of 146 pounds and were each fined 25 percent of their fight purse

ugh Sorenson =/ might just do a small freeroll since i got the +170 line

Milana Dudieva (125.8) vs. Mara Romero Borella (125.9)
Jinh Yu Frey (105.9) vs. Ashley Cummins (105.9)
Pam Sorenson (149.6)* vs. Helena Kolesnyk (145.9)
Karina Rodríguez (124.1) vs. Bárbara Acioly (125.9)
Miranda Maverick (125) vs. Gabby Romero (125.4)
Sunna Rannveig Davíðsdóttir (115) vs. Kelly D’Angelo (115.2)
Felicia Spencer (146) vs. Amy Coleman (149.5)*

*Sorenson and Coleman missed the featherweight limit of 146 pounds and were each fined 25 percent of their fight purse
Pam is taking the fight on short notice so this was somewhat expected. However she fought pretty recently and is active in the gym in general (according to her instagram she's been biking and ran 16 miles the other week split into 2 workouts), so if anything, those trying to fade her may be doing so for the wrong reason. Helena doesn't exactly fight economically either.

anyone have a vid of the weighins? can't find it on ufc or invicta channels on youtube

Invicta isn't about good technical fighters.
Invicta is about retarded lines and watching female feet.

Invicta isn't about good technical fighters.
Invicta is about retarded lines and watching female feet.
200.webp

@Xuh is so right. Ufc has poached everyone ...

I hope next invicta (s) are better than this one...

Not sure if I'm gonna bother tonight... And that's saying a lot from me.. never missed an invicta

helena and sorenson both look very sloppy. i'll take the younger, larger fighter at + money.

on

Borella
Sorenson
Cummings

all small

Nice performance by Felicia Spencer.

She's a featherweight, but could easily drop to bantamweight if she cared more about cutting weight.

i just have the half unit on borella at a shitty price, largely fading dudieva and semi tailing piglord etc

i hate this card. worst invicta ever. i'll watch it later when i'm capping ufc stuff's for the morning

edit ok i did a DEGEN juiced bet, too:

invicta 24 Risk: 148
borella +115: 50 for 57.50
frey -280: 98 for 35
---

sidenote: wow, acioly opened -705 and is now -290? never looked into the fight.. just passing..

p.s. i know i'm being risky throwing aunit on frey at -280, but she SHOULD be able to keep it on feet and win.. /shrug. it's degen.

We will continue to get shitty price unless some network pick up Invicta or Pinnacle have lines for Invicta. It strange 5dimes compete with Pinnacle but not BetOnline. I believe BetOnline will one day overlap Pinnacle in mma, they have very good limited for small card.

damn i didn't know anything about either chick. crazy juice.

Acioly trains with TAM, which is probably why she opened as a heavy favorite.

She hasn't even been with TAM that long.

Back