Invicta 19 - Maia vs Modaferri - Kansas City

well, we disagree, i thought was was clear. i am assuming the 48-47 roxy judge gave her 1/2/3, with rd 1 being a bad score
Round 1 was the clearest round of the entire fight, which was Maia's. That one judge most likely gave R5 to Roxy, since it wasn't as dominant a round for Maia like most of us ITT seem to think.

R4 was clear also.

R1 and R4 were clear for Maia.

it was clear to me. maia outlanded her and the strikes were much cleaner

ya it was not domination but it was clear as day hwo did more in that round imo Maia landed more and the only hard shots cant see how anyone can dispute that

and btw, cool it w/that stuff. i score fights for "my" opponents all the time.

EZ - no offense, but you've argued the controversial side of quite a few decisions that you hit with a bet. Recent example would be Riley in AXS. I'm not sure that I can recall many that were split where you argued your guy losing.

Every post you made as you sweated these juiced favorites on this Invicta card says "Please don't let me bet on women", lol. Sounds like most of us won though. Just wish I bet against Tiffany Van Soest instead of passing!

LOL. I have a problem, I can't stop betting on these chicks. In my defense every loss on a woman this year has been a split decision besides betting with my dick on Macedo

thanks to everybody who recommended Medeiros/Aldana at relatively low prices before their lines got juiced so hard. Also thanks to @Xuh and the others who told me they liked hamasaki as well. Good night considering I don't follow invincta all that closely and pretty much just tailed bets. Hope most everybody made out well. Onto tomorrow.

Ashamed of myself for not betting on Kaylyn Schwartz a/k/a Kal Holliday as a nice underdog against awesome kickboxer but no-ground-game-having Tiffany Van Soest. But a clean sweep and 5.17 units profit will have to suffice.

Invicta FC 19 Results

Jennifer Maia (-195) vs Roxanne Modafferi $97.50 for $50.00= $50.00
Irene Aldana (-270) vs Faith Van Duin $270.00 for $100.00= $100.00
Kaline Medeiros (-265) vs Manjit Kolekar $397.50 for $150.00= $150.00

Parlays:
Ayaka Hamasaki (-185) vs Jinh Yu Frey + Jennifer Maia (-245) vs Roxanne Modafferi $100.00 for $116.93= $116.93
Kaline Medeiros (-400) vs Manjit Kolekar + Irene Aldana (-325) vs Faith Van Duin $158.00 for $100.27= $100.27
-----
Total Profit= $517.20

EZ - no offense, but you've argued the controversial side of quite a few decisions that you hit with a bet. Recent example would be Riley in AXS. I'm not sure that I can recall many that were split where you argued your guy losing.

actually, am a bit offended, cause it's not true. you and PR try to point this out all the time, and it's unfounded. just agree to disagree. you have your opinioin, i have mine

does anyone know when Bovada will pay out on the invicta wagers? I know they left bets open after some of the fights were done and I am guessing that is why it is taking so long for them to pay out. i have over $800 coming back to me and I want some of that to bet on more UFC tomorrow. Should i call customer support or just wait it out until they get it sorted? I did all my bets in the am so way before the fights began, but i know a few people who bet the aldana fight after she won for like $60. fucking stupid to chance getting banned for like $12.

I love Invicta, seems like the fights are much easier to cap. I win more money on Invicta fights then any other mma org. I just wish i didnt pass on timebomb, was scared to bet on that fight because of so many unknowns, but Schawrz did exactly what she needed to do and close distance quickly and stuck to her at all costs until tiff made a mistake. Hit the other 4 fights like everyone else did. I wish invicta was on every weekend.

actually, am a bit offended, cause it's not true. you and PR try to point this out all the time, and it's unfounded. just agree to disagree. you have your opinioin, i have mine

Sorry, I don't recall commenting on it before. I'm actually at the opposite end of the spectrum where I generally look at what I bet on with pessimism. That's why you'll rarely see me complain on split decision losses. I just realize MMA scoring can be all over the place so that's why I try to look at things such as "what are the chances a judge can score this round for the other fighter" rather than black and white. It's not only you by the way - from my years on here, I'd say most bettors often score fights more favorably for their fighter. It's the reason we always have people pissed that they were robbed.

Either way, Maia decision was the correct call.

Jim. Sorry i doubted you bro!!! I cant believe tiff lost.

I still had a good night but so shocked she lost. I really like Tiff but she needs to round out her game. Prolly good she lost by sub so she will be motivated in bjj training.

Jim. Sorry i doubted you bro!!! I cant believe tiff lost.

I still had a good night but so shocked she lost. I really like Tiff but she needs to round out her game. Prolly good she lost by sub so she will be motivated in bjj training.

That was rough matchmaking for the debut of someone they wanted to win. I knew nothing about Kalyn at all (and made no bets), but her wrestling looked solid, enhanced by her tenacity and heart. She didn't look 0-0.

Had they given Van Soest 9-0 Kolekar instead, she probably gets a sensational KO.

That was rough matchmaking for the debut of someone they wanted to win. I knew nothing about Kalyn at all (and made no bets), but her wrestling looked solid, enhanced by her tenacity and heart. She didn't look 0-0.

Had they given Van Soest 9-0 Kolekar instead, she probably gets a sensational KO.
Manjit Kolekar would channel her cosmic energy and wipe the floor with Tiffany van Soest in a striking battle.
YbeV6W.gif

But seriously, the level of wrestling in women's MMA is basically shit; how did they find her one of the few good wrestlers for a debut? It's actually funny. How did their matchmaker pick that opponent for her? Did they intentionally seek out the best 0-0 wrestler they could find?

Van Soest wasn't even doing the wrong things fundamentally. She was creating a good base (let herself be driven to the cage a bit too much), Kalyn was relentless and actually skilled. The TDD that Van Soest showed stops your average 115 pound head-and-arm throw.

Back