Introducing...a brand new Feminist Christmas Angel for the WR!

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
These Feminist Tree Toppers Have Turned Hillary Clinton Into A Christmas Angel
By Monica Hunter-Hart

abf1da22-ca70-4009-b2a5-72b49669d27a-479c5197-ddb1-47fe-9b77-f714dd4cc531-womentolookupto_281117_6046.jpeg

This time last year, Hillary Clinton was spending her days in the woods. Now she's on the top of pine trees. As part of a campaign to promote female role models, the UK-based feminist collective Women To Look Up To (WTLUT) has created a series of feminist Christmas tree angels, including one that depicts Clinton with bright white wings and a matching pantsuit.

The idea behind this "Christmas campaign," as it's labeled, is to replace the vague figures represented by traditional angel tree toppers with real, inspirational women to quite literally "look up" to.

Savannah Power, one of the WTLUT founders, said in an episode of the "Women Uncensored" podcast that she got the idea for this project from feeling disenchanted with her family's own angel tree topper. "We just felt uninspired by her, like she was a bit of a forgotten figure," she said. "We didn't really understand why it was such a tradition in the first place to have this outdated representation of a woman on top of your tree."

According to WTLUT, celebrating the accomplishments of successful women is an important — and often overlooked — step in the fight for gender equality. "There are so many feminist outlets ... that are helping young girls get to where they need/want to go," Power said, "but we should remember, too, that we already have lots of female CEO's. We should celebrate the female achievement, celebrate those who have succeeded."

WTLUT describes itself as a "not-for-profit organisation with any profits reinvested in projects to further female equality." These projects include a journal of feminist content and a 2018 program called "Leading Ladies," which is meant to help ambitious young people connect with women who are leaders in artistic industries. The proceeds from these ornaments, however, will go to the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, or "UN Women."

All of WTLUT's angels were made with 3D printers and have wire ties for attaching them to trees. For its first two angels, the organization picked Beyoncé and Serena Williams (because who else?), and then opened up its next choice for a vote: The results were overwhelmingly in favor of Clinton, and this time, the popular vote prevailed.

Power said she loves Clinton "more than life" and worked on her campaign. "I saw how much she did for those young girls and how much they were truly inspired by her. She handled her loss so gracefully and with such dignity," she said. "I think she's a great representative for getting back on the horse — falling down and getting back up, and all the trials and tribulations that come with losing."

https://www.bustle.com/p/these-femi...illary-clinton-into-a-christmas-angel-7543897

This is yet another one of those extremely minute, unnecessary things that is also disastrously off-putting.

Qualifications as a candidate aside, it has to be said that Hilary's image is overflowing with whatever is the opposite of charm and charisma.

So it makes it look like Hillary is full of shit i dont see the problem here. <Rodgers1>

*Goes out to buy a side of beef to hang on Christmas tree*

I am offended by the insensitive language in this thread.

The Hillary tree topper is for use with ALL Holiday trees, not just Christmas trees.

#get woke
#stay woke

Also, this Serena tree topper is stacked.

Wood.

Last edited:
I’m sure I’ll have a Hillary one on our tree next year :/

I want it! So strong and brave.
#StandWithPoopyPants

What a great holiday and the people who celebrate it

The trees, the lights, the songs, the movies, the presents, the donating.

It's truly is the best time of the year....

These Feminist Tree Toppers Have Turned Hillary Clinton Into A Christmas Angel
By Monica Hunter-Hart

abf1da22-ca70-4009-b2a5-72b49669d27a-479c5197-ddb1-47fe-9b77-f714dd4cc531-womentolookupto_281117_6046.jpeg

This time last year, Hillary Clinton was spending her days in the woods. Now she's on the top of pine trees. As part of a campaign to promote female role models, the UK-based feminist collective Women To Look Up To (WTLUT) has created a series of feminist Christmas tree angels, including one that depicts Clinton with bright white wings and a matching pantsuit.

The idea behind this "Christmas campaign," as it's labeled, is to replace the vague figures represented by traditional angel tree toppers with real, inspirational women to quite literally "look up" to.

Savannah Power, one of the WTLUT founders, said in an episode of the "Women Uncensored" podcast that she got the idea for this project from feeling disenchanted with her family's own angel tree topper. "We just felt uninspired by her, like she was a bit of a forgotten figure," she said. "We didn't really understand why it was such a tradition in the first place to have this outdated representation of a woman on top of your tree."

According to WTLUT, celebrating the accomplishments of successful women is an important — and often overlooked — step in the fight for gender equality. "There are so many feminist outlets ... that are helping young girls get to where they need/want to go," Power said, "but we should remember, too, that we already have lots of female CEO's. We should celebrate the female achievement, celebrate those who have succeeded."

WTLUT describes itself as a "not-for-profit organisation with any profits reinvested in projects to further female equality." These projects include a journal of feminist content and a 2018 program called "Leading Ladies," which is meant to help ambitious young people connect with women who are leaders in artistic industries. The proceeds from these ornaments, however, will go to the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, or "UN Women."

All of WTLUT's angels were made with 3D printers and have wire ties for attaching them to trees. For its first two angels, the organization picked Beyoncé and Serena Williams (because who else?), and then opened up its next choice for a vote: The results were overwhelmingly in favor of Clinton, and this time, the popular vote prevailed.

Power said she loves Clinton "more than life" and worked on her campaign. "I saw how much she did for those young girls and how much they were truly inspired by her. She handled her loss so gracefully and with such dignity," she said. "I think she's a great representative for getting back on the horse — falling down and getting back up, and all the trials and tribulations that come with losing."

https://www.bustle.com/p/these-femi...illary-clinton-into-a-christmas-angel-7543897

Threw up in my mouth a bit.

Back