Interview with Adam Braidwood (Tim Hague's last opponent)

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
I know some people were curious about this guys thoughts, so I figured I'd share

Some cliffs:

>Knew Tim Hague personally, wasn't just a random opponent

>Tim Hague wasn't even his original opponent, other boxers had backed out of the fight for various reasons

>Knew something was very wrong as soon as Tim Hague fell, and how hard it was for him to get up. Also said he had a troubling look on his face after the KO

>Doesn't blame the referee, thinks Tim was still there and still fighting back

Last edited:
Tim has a long an well documented history of serious concussions. He was KO'd 6 months prior to this fight. It is sad that no one stepped in and said enough is enough. Tim likely had brain damage already before the fight with Adam. Tim was concussed 3 different times in his fight with Adam. Fight should have never happened or been stopped after the first knockdown.

Tim has a long an well documented history of serious concussions. He was KO'd 6 months prior to this fight. It is sad that no one stepped in and said enough is enough. Tim likely had brain damage already before the fight with Adam. Tim was concussed 3 different times in his fight with Adam. Fight should have never happened or been stopped after the first knockdown.
This is why I'm glad Lawler took a year off after the Woodley KO. More guys need to take a good amount of time off after a war or getting brutally finished. I can't believe how fast some guys get back in the cage after being knocked out cold. Hope this is a wake up call for all athletes in combat sports.

Last edited:
Agreed on all counts. His corner should have stopped that fight after the first round at the very latest. Protect your damn fighter.

This is why I'm glad Lawler took a year off after the Woodley KO. More guys need to take a good amount of time off after a war or getting brutally finished. I can't believe how fast some guys get back in the cage after being knocked out cold.
he even quit sparring right? thats like a quantum leap in the game for longevity

Agreed on all counts. His corner should have stopped that fight after the first round at the very latest. Protect your damn fighter.
His corner like most amateur corners was just fucking clueless. Tim should have never fought in the first place. This is a travesty.

he even quit sparring right? thats like a quantum leap in the game for longevity
I didn't know that he stopped sparring either. Hope more fighters take that route. The fight game can be brutal.

Sad shit.
But about Adam's criticism of the media about not knowing what theyre talking about because they dont compete...As someone that has also fought, i get where Adam is coming from, but this "we're fighters, and this is what fighters do" bro mentality, is frankly, retarded.
You are not in a sane state of mind to be making judgment calls about your health when you're exhausted, injured, and hyped up on bloodlust, the crowd, and testosterone. As cool as it looks to fight through the adversity, at the end of the day, it aint worth your life, especially when you have a family.
This is why the ref and your corner are so important. The fighter cannot be trusted to be their own doctor in a fight.

Terrible. Prayers go out to friends , family and Braidwood. Difficult situation to get over.

Really unfortunate situation, Tim's coaches and the promoters/athletic commission really let him down....Sometimes you have to save a warrior from himself

Can't imagine how shitty it feels to know a man died because of what you did to him

This is a big reason I am so against steroids in combat sports, not accusing this guy in any way but there is no place for anything that makes someone take more brain trauma than they normally would and something like this happens

I was expecting an Ivan Drago quote.
Although I know he didn't mean it like that, he basically did say it.
"Tim was ok--he still wanted to fight. He was a warrior. The ref wasnt at fault. I would have done the same. We had to finish it."
No. You didn't have to finish anything. This isn't ancient Rome. You aren't a gladiator slave. Tim was a teacher, a father and husband. You have real life responsibilities.

Im not trying to shit on Tim or Adam here. But this bro mentality of "dont tap out", and "go out on your shield" is a big problem in combat sports. Im just as impressed by great displays of heart as anyone else, but this isn't the movies, and we are human. There is only so much we can take.
Fight hard, but fight smart. Pride and glory don't mean shit when you're dead.

Just a fucked up situation, but the Edmonton commission and the ref need to pulled up as they could have stopped this before it happened

Although I know he didn't mean it like that, he basically did say it.
"Tim was ok--he still wanted to fight. He was a warrior. The ref wasnt at fault. I would have done the same. We had to finish it."
No. You didn't have to finish anything. This isn't ancient Rome. You aren't a gladiator slave. Tim was a teacher, a father and husband. You have real life responsibilities.

Im not trying to shit on Tim or Adam here. But this bro mentality of "dont tap out", and "go out on your shield" is a big problem in combat sports. Im just as impressed by great displays of heart as anyone else, but this isn't the movies, and we are human. There is only so much we can take.
Fight hard, but fight smart. Pride and glory don't mean shit when you're dead.
How would Adam know though?? Adam did his job, the ref didn't.

Back