Interview: GSP confident he'll beat Hendricks, hints at a KO or sub 1st round

I came into this thread ready to type the ultimate rant about how GSP is selling us all wolf tickets. Unfortunately what he said was taken out of context from ts, so i couldn't do that. Showdown Joe (who is clearly living his life with GSP's nuts in his mouth) asked him about GSP's perfect fight, and GSP said he'd ko or submite him in 1 round. That is the perfect fight for anyone.

Now where GSP did boost was the whole, "you're gonna see on November 19th" intimidation talk. He had sooo many fights to prove he's a scary man and still hasn't done it!

I can see him maybe subbing a gassed Hendricks, but somewhere closer to round 4 than 1

1st round? :icon_lol:

He's going to riddle Hendricks' body with knees while Hendricks is all turtled up leading to a 3rd round TKO.

new to watching MMA? Here's a tip! the safe bet is always GSP decision!

GSP might get a late finish if Hendricks gasses hard. I could definitely see a RNC when Johnny is in survival mode. JH hasn't went longer than 3 rounds and always looks gassed by the final frame. He is at his most dangerous early. Hendricks will be the one to get an early finish if there is one.

This interviewer tried too hard to please GSP. In and out in less than 2 minutes. Try a little harder, dude. I know you don't want to be Helwani, but seriously, ask some questions.

GSP said "...gonna win by knockout or submission, first round"

that's pretty much what my title says. pls go.

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Interviewer asked GSP "If you could have your perfect fight for the UFC's 20th anniversary show, what would it be?"

GSP: "Knockout or submission in the 1st round." Basically the stock answer that any fighter would give to the same question.

I actually think he could KO him. Hendricks comes forward with wreckless abandonment sometimes and I'm sure he doesn't think GSP is going to be able to hurt him with standing strikes.

I think Hendricks could underestimate GSP's power and overcommit because of this and get clipped by a superman jab.

That being said, I hope Hendricks KO's him.

A superman jab isn't a ko punch :eek:

new to watching MMA? Here's a tip! the safe bet is always GSP decision!

New to watching MMA? Here's a tip! Hendricks has never been in a 5 round fight, he got beat by Koscheck, when he's faced with diversity he decides to spam takedowns and lay n pray, which you guessed it, doesn't work on GSP! Expect a beatdown by the GOAT. :)

Here's an actual tip though, try not to be such a condescending dick to people you know nothing about. It's not a good look. :p

The only way he finishes this fight is if Hendricks gases. Which could definitely happen.

Changed up the title, I guess I can't be 100% certain that he meant what i originally said, but I still think he didn't necessarily answer what would be his perfect fight, but actually said that a KO or sub is going to happen.

Doesn't change the fact that Hendricks is getting stopped.

misleading threat title provokes typical responses.

when asked "what is your perfect fight" and he response if he wins it by tko or sub in the first round.

Context people. Context.

The last natural welterweight he finished was Hughes in 2007

If you want to play those games then I will raise you that GSP is a "natural" lightweight. He could easilly make LW, and there are several WW's that are 10-15 pounds heavier than him on fight night.

For everyone who's talking shit about Georges St. Pierre, Can you do me a favour and not buy the fight? save your money for when Jose Aldo or Renan Bararo, or Anthony Pettis main event a ppv, save it for real martial artists!

Holy fuck talk about taking out of context.

The Interviewer asks him "If you have a perfect fight what would it be?" and GSP answers "Submission or KO first round"

There is no hint here. Some people are so dumb.

If you want to play those games then I will raise you that GSP is a "natural" lightweight. He could easilly make LW, and there are several WW's that are 10-15 pounds heavier than him on fight night.

that's stupid, BJ Penn and Matt Serra both actually fought at LW! That's not hypothetical, that's true! Penn even had a lot of his best performances there! GSP at LW is very much hypothetical especially when he's gone on record stating that he's likely to move up to MW at one point in his career! Nice try though!

Back