Interview: GSP confident he'll beat Hendricks, hints at a KO or sub 1st round

He didn't say this. But I think somehow it will happen. Call me crazy.

You need to read my post again.

No I don't. You are cheering for Hendricks, that has used lay and pray to win his latest fight. He had multiple takedowns and only like 6 strikes in the entire 3rd round. Lay and Pray.

You are cheering against GSP, who has never used lay and pray and is one of the most active fighters in the UFC. Grappling and lay and pray are not the same thing. Not to mention GSP has beat every fighter he has faced standing as well.

As I said, honest answer, personally I have no problem with Hendricks using lay and pray, it was a smart tactic.

tumblr_ll3oeqQXbe1qbvaudo1_500.gif

No I don't. You are cheering for Hendricks, that has used lay and pray to win his latest fight. He had multiple takedowns and only like 6 strikes in the entire 3rd round. Lay and Pray.

You are cheering against GSP, who has never used lay and pray and is one of the most active fighters in the UFC. Grappling and lay and pray are not the same thing. Not to mention GSP has beat every fighter he has faced standing as well.

As I said, honest answer, personally I have no problem with Hendricks using lay and pray, it was a smart tactic.

tumblr_mfw0t2SC3x1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

hendi.gif

i9AICpLCEqvIr.gif

Lmao classic post coming from a GSP fan, I'm not even a Hendricks fan per say i just find the guy exciting and likable and wouldn't mind a change.

I don't even think GSP is a lay and prayer, i respect the guy more than to call him that, but i'll go ahead and leave these here for you. haha.

I don't know why GSP keeps making those predictions. If you don't say anything you don't have to answer for anything.

I don't know why GSP keeps making those predictions. If you don't say anything you don't have to answer for anything.

again, please watch the interview.

The interviewer asked him what the outcome would be of the perfect fight.

GSP before every fight: I'm going to KO or submit him.
GSP after every fight: These guys at the top of the division are too skilled to be finished.

Geez, even GSP knows he's going to finish Hendricks.

the number of people who have commented on this without even watching the interview is astounding. this is the worst case of the telephone game ever.

I wouldn't be surprised if gsp finishes his career without finishing another fight.

I'm not even a Hendricks fan per say i just find the guy exciting and likable and wouldn't mind a change.

I don't even think GSP is a lay and prayer, i respect the guy more than to call him that, but i'll go ahead and leave these here for you. haha.

What do any of those GIF's have to do with what I said? Anyone Hendricks can't get a quick KO on he does lay and pray on.

Round 3 vs. Condit. He had 4 takedowns and 4 sig. strikes the entire round. He employed lay and pray to avoid getting knocked out. I didn't bash him for it, but he did it.

GSP could fight everyone in the top 10 at 170 10 times apiece, and he would get finished more often than he would actually get finishes.

He fights the way he does because he would get finished again if he did actually try and finish the fight. It's much easier and more sensible for him to use his athletic superiority and skills to stay out of danger, ride out the clock, and neutralize opponents rather than actually try and finish them. That would require a level of risk-taking and aggression Tri-Star wouldn't want.

It'd be a lot more fun to watch GSP actually try and finish, since he has more than enough physical ability and technical skill to do so, but G "Savage" P lost twice; G "Safe" P hasn't ever lost. There's no reason for him to try and risk getting finishes either when he can sell out arenas in Canada and get their PPV buys for fighting the way he does.

Canadian fans buy GSP fights because they support GSP the human being enough to overlook the fact his fights are sleeping pills; they'd pretty much boo any other human being in the world fighting the way GSP does in Canada except for GSP. It's a testament to the popularity of GSP the person that it can make people overlook GSP the fighter's style and delude themselves into thinking it's enjoyable to watch.

What do any of those GIF's have to do with what I said? Anyone Hendricks can't get a quick KO on he does lay and pray on.

Round 3 vs. Condit. He had 4 takedowns and 4 sig. strikes the entire round. He employed lay and pray to avoid getting knocked out. I didn't bash him for it, but he did it.

Lol, your delusional Hendricks went to war with Condit and when he gassed he went to his wrestling.

You aren't a GSP fan, in fact your the oppostite i suspect. GSP is the one who VERY rarely fights to finish and is happy to just point fight all night long.

See his last 4-5 fights for example. The guy is great, arguably the greatest ever but the irony in your posts is laughable.

Man... I wanted to be the first one to post, "don't blink." :(

Canadian fans buy GSP fights because they support GSP the human being enough to overlook the fact his fights are sleeping pills; they'd pretty much boo any other human being in the world fighting the way GSP does in Canada except for GSP. It's a testament to the popularity of GSP the person that it can make people overlook GSP the fighter's style and delude themselves into thinking it's enjoyable to watch.

I can somehow relate to that. To some extent, I support GSP because he is a successful French Canadian. There is so much negativity surrounding Quebec, literally on all fronts, that having one or two athletes/artists with success on the international scene kinda feels good. We can use the uplift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back