Interpol President is Reported Missing After Visiting China

Now there are three of him, one shorter.

Interpol President Meng Hongwei has been reported missing after leaving France for a trip to his native China, triggering a police investigation and search for the official, who hasn't been seen since Sept. 29.

Meng's whereabouts are unknown. But the South China Morning Post, citing an anonymous source, reports that he was "taken away" by Chinese authorities immediately after he arrived in China. No reason was given for any potential investigation into the official.

Police in Lyon, France — where Interpol is based — were alerted to Meng's seeming disappearance by his wife, who said she became worried when he fell out of touch after leaving for a trip to China, according to Le Parisien.

Meng was elected president of Interpol in 2016; his term runs through 2020. He is a veteran of China's police and security systems, serving as the country's vice minister of public security and the head of the country's Interpol bureau. His past duties include running China's counterterrorism office.

As of Friday, Meng was still included in the list of leaders on the Chinese public security ministry's website. But unlike others on that roster, he's no longer listed as being a member of the agency's Communist Party Committee – a designation he held as recently as March, according to the Internet Archive.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/05/6547...t-reported-missing-in-china-prompting-inquiry
Don't go to China if your press or anyone of rank unless you wanna get fkd over

On a totally unrelated note, I have some freshly harvested human organs if anyone is in the market.

Literally none of this is surprising.

Wasn't Meng supposedly their guy?

Keep feeding the monster for short-term rewards.

The dude is straight up racist no need to waste your time. Wakandan or thug is his go to for black people
I feel bad for trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. But you are 100% correct.

Keep feeding the monster for short-term rewards.
That's 1 mitigating factor with the Trump admin, they atleast are getting tough with China. Trump needs to keep it up and get even tougher. China is a serious threat ; they have shown their aggressive nationalist plan with the island building, and their treatment of the Tibetans and Uighurs.

What if... his mission for the Chinese was complete, and this is their way of bringing people home to deliver immediately?

I guess i was correct, the last guy to be purged on a purge is the one doing the purging.

He was a police official in China before being appointed to INTERPOL. It doesn't surprise me that he's corrupt as shit like 90% of Chinese officials. Looks like he got arrested for accepting bribes, but that only happens when you side with the wrong people in China.

Well in China's defense they have been on a purge for good. If they go after their own guys like this.
They used to be proud of that guy being at the top of Interpol.
I guess Xi has understood that the communist system survives longer if you go after corruption hard.
That's really a good thing he can give to the masses. Because corruption effects everyone in China.

I welcome the move because the dude was probably extremely corrupt.

Fucked up like Saudi journalist story
Every country is guilty uk killed diana.us Kennedy. No one is innocent

Back