Interpol President is Reported Missing After Visiting China

jefferz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Interpol President Meng Hongwei has been reported missing after leaving France for a trip to his native China, triggering a police investigation and search for the official, who hasn't been seen since Sept. 29.

Meng's whereabouts are unknown. But the South China Morning Post, citing an anonymous source, reports that he was "taken away" by Chinese authorities immediately after he arrived in China. No reason was given for any potential investigation into the official.

Police in Lyon, France — where Interpol is based — were alerted to Meng's seeming disappearance by his wife, who said she became worried when he fell out of touch after leaving for a trip to China, according to Le Parisien.

Meng was elected president of Interpol in 2016; his term runs through 2020. He is a veteran of China's police and security systems, serving as the country's vice minister of public security and the head of the country's Interpol bureau. His past duties include running China's counterterrorism office.

As of Friday, Meng was still included in the list of leaders on the Chinese public security ministry's website. But unlike others on that roster, he's no longer listed as being a member of the agency's Communist Party Committee – a designation he held as recently as March, according to the Internet Archive.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/05/6547...t-reported-missing-in-china-prompting-inquiry

They took him away, and afterwards he had a sudden heart attack and died.

Holy hell. Bond level plot in the real world

soviet-censorship-naval-commissar-vanishes.jpg

Probably just trying to get away from his wife.

This story is quite disturbing, as this is stereotypical China being China. I would hate to be in that country.

Btw, can people tell me again how much America sucks and is such a joke to the rest of the world?

Where's Hill-dog at these days? Asking for a friend.

<TrumpWrong1>

mass immigration, multiculturalism, white guilt/privilege, impossible to properly vet refugees, LGBT insanity, Reconquista, Wakandans, BLM, ANTIFA, gun bans/confiscation, radical feminism and Islam

Sucks and is a joke.
So essentially anything that poses a threat to straight White male power.

Towards the end of this story we get to the juicy part.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-45771813

Has Meng Hongwei angered China?

Analysis by BBC Asia Editor Celia Hatton

Meng Hongwei's disappearance seems to fit in with a now familiar pattern among China's senior Communist Party officials. The official in question suddenly drops out of the public eye and an alarm is raised that the person is "missing", usually by members of the public.

Eventually, the party issues a terse statement that the official is "under investigation", the official is then booted from the party for "disciplinary infractions" and - eventually - a prison sentence is announced. Since Xi Jinping came to power in 2012, well over a million party officials have been disciplined in some way.

Mr Meng's case is notable for a few reasons. First, his wife notified the French authorities after he had only been missing for a few days. Family members of missing party officials rarely, if ever, reach out to foreign authorities, for fear their relatives will face ever greater punishment.

Did the wife do this because she felt there was no other option? Also, at one time, China prized Mr Meng's lofty position at Interpol.

If he has really gone missing within the Chinese state apparatus, whom did he anger, or what could he have done for Beijing to willingly, and publicly, forfeit the top job at Interpol?

Poses a threat to a great, prosperous society I think @Soul Crusher is pointing too?
Everything he said is about entities and ideologies that pose a threat to traditional (white straight male) hierarchy and domination. How does Feminism pose a threat to a "great prosperous society" ?

Everything he said is about entities and ideologies that pose a threat to traditional (white straight male) hierarchy and domination. How does Feminism pose a threat to a "great prosperous society" ?
I think feminism that over reaches and is left unchecked can vastly make a country weaker. Feminism doesn't give a fuck about equality. All it cares about is taking.

Feminisms' modern day evolution specifically targets straight white males especially because straight white males have the most history in this country as being the strongest group whereas in our current modern day society straight white males are at their weakest ever because straight white males are conforming to our current society, which may I add is a good thing to a certain degree.

There's a lot of good aspects from some progressive culture, but there is a line and limit that shouldn't be crossed. Progressiveness is supposed to bring tolerance and equality, but does it do that? Not this current iteration.

Currently, it's a snowball rolling down the hill getting bigger and bigger rolling over everything it touches becoming more and more destructive to our society, causing more unrest than good, more divisiveness peddled by a recent former President, peddled to easily impressionable people who desperately want to be the power group in the country all the while knocking off the proud white man being that sweet cherry on top.

Massive hate brewed by the left under its guise, progressivism like anything else man made, is on a path of over use. Too much of anything is not good for yourself or anything for that matter, whether it's gorging on oranges or gorging on hate publicly calling a Supreme Court Justice a privileged "white boy", which was fully supported by large amounts of ravenous people.

I hope you understand where I'm going with this. I think it's important that people of all colors on both sides come together understanding this or we are going to be at each others throats more and more gripping tighter and tighter.

Both sides need to come together and understand that we have always been a multicultural society and we are naturally getting better. But purposefully pushing agendas and publicly attacking and undermining another sex and race isn't working. BLM, #MeToo, antifa, feminism, etc... all fueled by hate and illogical approaches.

I have noticed since Trump's term has aged a few of these notable groups have died down. Let's hope their phase is over (occupy, black panthers, SPLC etc). I hope you receive this reply with good intentions @MicroBrew .

Back