Internet is making me ADHD

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Lately I find it REALLY hard to sit down and pay attention to a movie or TV show, no matter how good it is. Its such a commitment to have to stare and focus on the same content for so long. When I have 3 or so hours to kill, I think to myself hmm I should catch up on WestWorld.......but what I end up doing is constantly refreshing sherdog, reddit, and youtube videos.

I'm becoming addicting to fast, low focus need stimuli. Its hard to wait for things to pick up in a show or movie when I could keep refreshing youtube and watch 2-5 minute videos of immediate satisfaction. I used to love WestWorld and would watch episodes right as they were up but now it almost feels like more of a chore than a pleasure. This applies to most shows/movies.

Even movies I've been looking forward to really badly, I find I cant HELP but pick up my phone and pay more attention to it than the movie. So I'm constantly rewinding to catch things I missed or just pausing for 10minutes over and over..

Yeah man, I hear you. My mind isn't as sharp as it used to be and I know it's because of my damn phone.

at least a couple days a week I'll put my phone in a different room and try to be a normal person for a night. It does help.

Correction: Your uninhibited abuse/lack of restraint did that. Internet cannot make you do anything, you did that to yourself.

Correction: Your uninhibited abuse/lack of restraint did that. Internet cannot make you do anything, you did that to yourself.

Yeah, I don't know. That is kind of like giving oxycontin to someone without telling them it is highly addictive, and telling them it is their own fault they are sucking dick for heroin.

You aren't entirely wrong, but that seems like the most likely outcome.

Your welcome TS for defending you by comparing you to a prostitute drug addict.

Based on your posts in other threads and other convos we've had, I'd say that's definitely you're underlying anxiety. Perhaps ocd. I do the exact same thing. Right now I have a show on Netflix I'm not really even paying attention to, while I play a game on my laptop AND my tablet AND I'm on sherdog.

I'm still bored too.

<mma1>

Yeah, I don't know. That is kind of like giving oxycontin to someone without telling them it is highly addictive, and telling them it is their own fault they are sucking dick for heroin.

Not a good comparison, but I will just say that if you are a grown dude, you are responsible for whatever you decide to put in your body. Unless the person was lied to, misinformed, or pressured to do so, that's a different story. Doesn't take a genius to google oxycontin and figure out it's probably a bad idea to take it without medical supervision.

Not a good comparison, but I will just say that if you are a grown dude, you are responsible for whatever you decide to put in your body. Unless the person was lied to, misinformed, or pressured to do so, that's a different story. Doesn't take a genius to google oxycontin and figure out it's probably a bad idea to take it without medical supervision.

You think they are being forward and honest about how addictive phones are, and what they are designed to do to our brains?

Facebook, and sherdog know they are selling crack with those likes.

Disclosure would make all the difference in informed consent.

I am in the same predicament

As are billions of others

Technology will be the death of us in one way or another

i just realized that im somewhat the same as well except when it comes to street fighter 5 online. i'm a sore loser and won't stop until i rack up some quality wins, which usually is a 1-3 hr session. for movies, it's gotta be a really interesting movie for me to watch it from beginning to end. working out? now that's a different story. for working out, im an all or nothing person and right now , i'm a lazy mothefucker but when i'm into it, i'm really into it and for a good while too.

As much as i love tech . . its a curse also.

I.agree with you 100% i watch a movie while playing a game watching you tube and sherdoging .. All the same time .. I might even knock one of the wrist too.

Try reading a book. Have a break from looking at a screen

You sure you're just not retarded from the get go?

Well to be fair, the newest season of Westworld isn't that great to begin with. So I don't blame you for looking at your phone while trying to watch it.

@IloveTHIS

I'd suck dick for internet.

You think they are being forward and honest about how addictive phones are, and what they are designed to do to our brains?

Technology will be the death of us in one way or another

I've been telling people to put those gdamn cell phones in a drawer or possibly run over them with a car. It also applies to the internet in general.

Now its being called "digital dementia", suicide rates are through the roof and people are getting dumber, and unable to pay attention to anything longer than 2 or 3 minutes. If fact, this post is already too long, half of you can't make it to the third sentence. Here is a short video explaining.

just put the fucking phone in another room and pay attention for fuck sake.

Less suicide if people come on the internet for advice.

Back