Interim Colby refused a 12 week turnaround but thinks the Champ should accept an 8 week?

My recollection is that wasn't 100% healthy after a grueling fight with RDA and they wanted a yes answer within like days of being asked. Which is exactly what they did to Maia when he made he clear he didn't want a title shot so soon.

Regardless. They should have pushed back Woodley/Till until Colby felt ready instead of rushing Till into a title shot just to fill a shitty PPV.

Rushing Till? Please bitch. he was not rushed. He wash just beat by the champ who was a better guy.

He had 6 UFC fights against increasingly talented opposition culminating in a win against the #1 contenter. Exactly who else should he have been fighting?

No it wasn't

Colby called him out on Twitter to fight at UFC 230 and Tyron accepted at the press conference

Because they still haven't announced the headline for UFC 230 dummy, that is why he called him out for it, and or December 29 on superbowl weekend, and or whenever the UFC wants.

It was less if a call out and more of a signaling to the UFC that they have that fight at their disposal because both guys are ready

Twood will go hard in the fight against bitchington and hopefully announce an album after the fight. We need them twood bars.

Rushing Till? Please bitch. he was not rushed. He wash just beat by the champ who was a better guy.

He had 6 UFC fights against increasingly talented opposition culminating in a win against the #1 contenter. Exactly who else should he have been fighting?

Till was very lucky to get the decision vs Wonderboy and said himself he shouldn't get the next title shot. His fight vs Woodley should have been next year in the UK if he could get past a couple more top ten guys. That's the whole point. He was rushed into a title shot because the UFC badly needed a headliner for UFC 228 and Colby wouldn't be bullied into accepting it before he was ready.

With ligament damage nonetheless, you know, not elective sinus surgery...

Im not even a Woodley fan but I think it’s hypocritical that Colby and some fans out there think he should accept a fight with only an 8 week turnaround. If he was an up and comer like Colby and trying to make a name for himself, or if he was fighting GSP or Conor I’d say go for it, but he’s a 4 time odefending champ and would be fighting a nobody who held a fake belt for a total of five weeks before it was stripped. 8 week is possible for Tyron but I don’t know if his body will be in peak condition and cutting all that weight again so soon might hinder it even more. And I think his hand was messed up from punching Till so hard in the face. If he wants to do it, great, but if not there should be no begrudging from us fans, this time he’d actually be right.
To be fair its Woodley who said ufc 230 was a possibility to begin with.. Colby did surgery and needed recovery time I think. Nothing wrong with not taking a fight if youre not medicly cleared to train.

You didn't even read that article lol

It says "It took less than an hour for Woodley's longtime antagonist, former interim champ Colby Covington to goad him into a fight at UFC 230." Colby tweeted at him almost immediately after the fight, well before the post-fight presser.

Epic fail bro, try again.

I was talking about Woodley saying he'd do a quick turn around for UFC 230 if the UFC wanted. He said that in the post-fight presser. Not that he'd fight Colby specifically. Woodley doesn't like to even mention his name.

They even give the exact quote from Woodley: “The more I fight, the better I get and more confident I get,” Woodley said after submitting Till in the pay-per-view headliner of Saturday’s event at American Airlines Center in Dallas. “So I want to stay as active as possible. If Nov. is the date they’re looking for a main event, I think they’ve got their guy.”

By the way, not everyone is glued to twitter 24/7 and examining time-lines, man. Talk about a fail.

The "#1 Contenter" had just missed weight and had soft matchups. Hes a Europoor striker who faced 0 wrestlers on the way to #1, and you dont think he was rushed? Deluisional, he got the McGregor treatment but didnt have the skills to back it up. Just a big fookin mouf and weight-cutting

I was talking about Woodley saying he'd do a quick turn around for UFC 230 if the UFC wanted. He said that in the post-fight presser. Not that he'd fight Colby specifically. Woodley doesn't like to even mention his name.

They even give the exact quote from Woodley: “The more I fight, the better I get and more confident I get,” Woodley said after submitting Till in the pay-per-view headliner of Saturday’s event at American Airlines Center in Dallas. “So I want to stay as active as possible. If Nov. is the date they’re looking for a main event, I think they’ve got their guy.”

By the way, not everyone is glued to twitter 24/7 and examining time-lines, man. Talk about a fail.

Dude you bitch failed hard, got called out on a terrible link that posted and didn't read

Back peddle harder and you'll go through a wall.

Nah i don't blame tyron for saying no.

Let's be honest. Tyron would never take a fight on short notice. He's not that guy. He's smarter than that.

Still fucking hate the man.

Dude you bitch failed hard, got called out on a terrible link that posted and didn't read

Back peddle harder and you'll go through a wall.

Can you repeat that in English, please?

Lets do a quick review:

- Colby fought for 5 hard rounds, took damage

- Woodley TKO 2nd round dominant victory, took zero damage

Till is credited for having landed a single punch in the official stats. How is this context not important?

It's a fast turnaround of course, but comparing it to Colby is absurd.

Lets do a quick review:

- Colby fought for 5 hard rounds, took damage

- Woodley TKO 2nd round dominant victory, took zero damage

Till is credited for having landed a single punch in the official stats. How is this context not important?

It's a fast turnaround of course, but comparing it to Colby is absurd.

Depends on how bad Woodley injured his hand beating on Till's head. :)

Woodley often uses injuries as a bargaining tool though.

Last edited:
More bitching from Tyrone fans! I can't believe it. I'm shocked.
The girl in your profile pic looks like she forgot her hips at home and borrowed her pre-pubescent brother's hips.

Colby ducked this fight with Woodley because the clown is looking for a huge event. He wants MSG because he knows it will pay more. They won't get the main event on any big card like that because neither of them are worth more than 250K PPV buys on an given night. If they get that event, there will be a bigger title fight ahead of them because they are at best a co-main, which doesn't give PPV buys. They can take as little or as much time as they want to sign their next fight but it's not going to be worth more than the $650K Woodley makes now.

Im not even a Woodley fan but I think it’s hypocritical that Colby and some fans out there think he should accept a fight with only an 8 week turnaround. If he was an up and comer like Colby and trying to make a name for himself, or if he was fighting GSP or Conor I’d say go for it, but he’s a 4 time odefending champ and would be fighting a nobody who held a fake belt for a total of five weeks before it was stripped. 8 week is possible for Tyron but I don’t know if his body will be in peak condition and cutting all that weight again so soon might hinder it even more. And I think his hand was messed up from punching Till so hard in the face. If he wants to do it, great, but if not there should be no begrudging from us fans, this time he’d actually be right.
health is paramount.
If he is healthy, it should be fine (he is already in shape, so shouldn't be a hard camp).

But if his hand got messed up, he should not fight. No sense in giving Cody this advantage.

Back