Interesting that pillow fisted fighters currently dominate P4P rankings

If it's a "myth", it's perpetuated by not only his fans, but DC himself, his training partners and his coaches, as all of them said there was a difference. Rockhold said there's a very noticeable difference, DC said there was in the lead-up to UFC 226, and several coaches and training partners also all echoed the concept. Sure enough, he knocked the HW champion out in the first. Coincidence? Is it a coincidence that DC's only knockdown in his entire LHW career was against Patrick Cummins but he has several legitimate out-cold knockouts at HW? It's also pretty intuitive that a fresh 245-250 lb man hits harder than a drained 230 pounder. It must be some kind of conspiracy all just to explain away the Jones losses though, right?

He doesn't hit any harder. He's just outstrategizing lesser skilled fighters, who also tend to happen to be less athletic and quick at HW, and his opponents do not expect him to carry his speed there. Every single one of those KOs involve him landing on a guy he had outmaneuvered in that combo, including Cummins. They are never him matching a guy power for power. Literally the Stipe example you are quoting had nothing to do with power and everything to do with DC outmaneuvering Stipe into a position he thought he'd be safe in.

Or are you going to argue he had his mythical power last month against Black Beast who has been KO'd 3 times before but never remotely got hurt by any of DC's punches? DC fans don't like to talk about that fight, the Mir fight, the Nelson fight, the Barnett fight, or any of the other fights where this magical "HW DC" power just didn't happen to exist.

He doesn't hit harder. His skill and speed gap just tends to be more prevalent at HW.

You can allow knees on the ground, then wrestlers like Khabib and GSP are much more dominant. Nothing is going to remove the dominance of wrestlers, it's simply the strongest base.

Yes, wrestling is the strongest base, but their dominance could be mitigated.
If upkicks from the ground were allowed, would Sonnen have dominated Anderson the way he did in their first bout, to name just one out of a million similar fights? Just think Anderson x Okami 1.
And if a fighter were allowed to rain 12-6 elbows on a wrestler attempting a single leg (I'm not even talking about strikes to the back of the head, here), would things also remain unchanged in the MMA landscape? Think Gonzaga x Browne.
My point is: MMA is a proxy to a real no-holds-barred fight, and the current rules that limit that "anything goes" aspect heavily benefit wrestlers. GSP made a carrer out of exploiting this advantage.

1 DC. (borderline pillow fisted)
2. Kebab (pillow fisted)
3. Jones (extremely pillow fisted)
4. Dillashaw (pillow fisted)
5. Holloway (extremely pillow fisted)
6. GSP (pillow fisted)
7. Woodley. (first KO artist on the list)

Discuss.

Ps.This is not a diss on fighters who are relatively weak punchers, because it only takes more skill to be a great fighter without a big KO power.
I don't agree with your fighter assessment, but I can understand your argument. I agree that it takes more skill to win without big KO power.

It's a shame that 90% of Sherdoggers are incapable of complete sentences or civilized discussion. The same fools calling you a troll will post later today on how Conor was on his way to winning a decision against Khabib. Most likely you listed one of their favorites, so can you imagine what would have happened if you had Nate Diaz on the list?

Back