Interesting rumour on UFC in Russia and dealings with M-1

The MMA world is saturated with extremely high level content that nobody is watching.

People need to shut up about this "oversaturation" nonsense, and just admit that the only thing they care about is seeing guys they've heard of before.
Fair point

Whaaaaaaaat? ACB is folding?

Mukhomad Vakhaev, Amir Aliakbari, Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov, Mukhamed Berkhamov, Abdul Aziz Abdulvakhabov, Ali Bagov, Yusuf Raisov, and Askar Askarov.....damn that's not a bad influx of talent to whoever gets them.
And Tumenov !!

I agree that ACB is the best, but I think WFCA is the worst. FNG rates ahead of M-1 due to Minakov and Aliev.
M-1 doesn't have a LHW or HW champion and imo WFCA's LW and FW champions are better fighters. M-1 has the edge at MW with Frolov, WW with Kunchenko and BW with Evloev. I'm not sure about their flyweight champions, haven't seen much of Yunus Evloev.

FNG has Krylov and Kopylov too.

FNG's financial backer got arrested and they seem to be done. ACB just cancelled their next 3 events and also might be done soon.
FNG will lose expensive fighters (Minakov, Pavlovich, Mokhnatkin, Mineev, etc) but still hold events.
And RCC is now emerging.

FNG will lose expensive fighters (Minakov, Pavlovich, Mokhnatkin, Mineev, etc) but still hold events.
And RCC is now emerging.
Mokhnatkin fought at the last RCC event and there were rumors of him signing with UFC so yeah i think that one really will be gone, same for Pavlovich, who is now a free agent.
Minakov is into politics so who knows if he will continue his career as a fighter. Mineev will be a interesting one to see what happens next.

Presumably there will be regional belts (fucking no!) and then more regional promotions elsewhere around the world (fucking no!) if this is judged a success by the geniuses at WME.

Better to have the regional talent fight on regional cards and not waste space on PPVs that should be filled with elite international level talent.

UFC might as well capitalize on regional level MMA, it is just another revenue stream and they have 4.5 billion to recoup.

As long as they differentiate I think it could lead to better fight card quality all around. Then let the regional level "UFC" be a minor league and vet these guys so that only the upper echelon make it to "the UFC".

Artem Frolov, Alexey Kunchenko, Damir Ismagulov(already rumored), Khamzat Dalgiev, Movsar Evloev(already rumored), Aleksander Doskalchuk can go to UFC

About time UFC had a proper farm system to give regional guys a competitive path to the top.

Now we can stick a fucking fork in TUF. If handled correctly this could improve the quality all around, giving the UFC a regional level to weed out guys who don't have it and bring the best fighters in ONLY.

ufc-wfd.jpg

This image needs to be moved to the OP.

Mokhnatkin fought at the last RCC event and there were rumors of him signing with UFC so yeah i think that one really will be gone, same for Pavlovich, who is now a free agent.
Minakov is into politics so who knows if he will continue his career as a fighter. Mineev will be a interesting one to see what happens next.
I think it was last week when Gadjiev (head of FNG) said on Russian TV that Mineev-Ismailov is scheduled for October. It's the third time they are trying to make that fight.

Putin via KO in the first.

Dana and Trump would do noothing.

635521655651250009-AP141802540141.jpg
Putin would literally kill Trump in hand to hand combat. He'd probably just submit Dana since Dana allegedly has almost decent boxing skills.

Interesting, good news! I am for it.

But it kind of sucks for ACB and FNG (as it already does right now), for every good fighter will try to get with M1, unless they can be bribed by more money. I never paid attention to M1 recently, but it is great that the champions will be able to compete in the UFC.

So, M1 on fight pass?

This tweet seems to suggest that the UFC is setting up a regional promotion/league (!) called 'UFC Russia', and they are now in business with M-1.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Presumably there will be regional belts (fucking no!) and then more regional promotions elsewhere around the world (fucking no!) if this is judged a success by the geniuses at WME.

Why are you against the idea? I like it.

Now that ACB is folding there's an entire league to buy up lock, stock and barrel. Smart move by Ari and the lads.

We might actually see how good those Magomeds are, now that they won't have the entire promotional backing behind them with judges and refs.

I think it was last week when Gadjiev (head of FNG) said on Russian TV that Mineev-Ismailov is scheduled for October. It's the third time they are trying to make that fight.
That fight has to happen. Will be a sick one, both want to fight each other and are very skilled, with different styles and body types.

We might actually see how good those Magomeds are, now that they won't have the entire promotional backing behind them with judges and refs.
lol

Caucasian fighters have the best win rate in UFC and isn't even close, and nationality wise Russians probably have the best too

I wasn't aware but there is M-1 (Road To M-1) event next month in US

The Russian regional scene is probably the best in the world. I'm not too concerned about this, and will at least remain cautiously optimistic.

That fight has to happen. Will be a sick one, both want to fight each other and are very skilled, with different styles and body types.

lol

Caucasian fighters have the best win rate in UFC and isn't even close, and nationality wise Russians probably have the best too

Which UFC are we talking about? Russian fighters tend to do pretty poorly in the UFC, especially at heavyweight, where most of them are.

I wonder how many of these guys would get a visa to fight in the US

Back