Interesting mma techniques from other ma

busybroker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What are some interesting techniques to use in mma that are from not the typical selection of martial arts?

I personally found that for me, I land better using kyokushin karate punch to the liver, that's a more horizontal movement and striking with the two big knuckles.

I like the karate-esque "teep" where its a snap type kick. Its pretty nasty

MMA and Combat Sambo sparring I've surprisingly had a lot of success with a side teep/jab combo. Everyone said I'd get taken down but so far it's worked for me - and I've been against pretty successful UK competitors. If I get taken down it's more my lack of defence, the strike itself is rarely getting caught.

I also do okay with the brazillian kick. There are some fighters that use it, but I don't see anyone else in the gym do it.

MMA and Combat Sambo sparring I've surprisingly had a lot of success with a side teep/jab combo. Everyone said I'd get taken down but so far it's worked for me - and I've been against pretty successful UK competitors. If I get taken down it's more my lack of defence, the strike itself is rarely getting caught.

I also do okay with the brazillian kick. There are some fighters that use it, but I don't see anyone else in the gym do it.
Is it a side kick, step down to a jab?

Is it a side kick, step down to a jab?

It's just a double attack, jab, bring guard up, side teep. Side teep (they try to grab it, foot slips out because its side on), jab to recover.

It's the old Samart Payakaroon double. It's pretty much the only aspect of kicking that I'm half decent at!

Back