Interesting article on Zach Freeman prePico match

Freeman commented on the size difference between he and Pico. Even he wondered why Pico isn't at 145.

Also stated that tickets and hotel were not covered.

All the pressure was on Pico and assumed that he would not try to take it to the ground due to Freeman's BJJ.

Interesting. Sucks for him that its a multifight contract. He would have been better off having a 1 fight deal in hindsight as he could demand a bit more now on a new deal.

Also on the 10k... That was just to show right? Another 10k i'd hope for the win itself.

It would be great to see more of Freeman quickly.

But, yes, he is right....Pico should have been 145. Freeman looked huge compared to him last night.

Great read. MMA articles usually suck, but that was awesome. Thanks.
Article flew under the radar since it happened a month before this fight. I am sure not too many people called asking for an interview, let alone one so in-depth.

cliffs

-10,000 bucks

-trained with t-wood

-multiple fight contract

http://fansided.com/2017/05/04/bell...dinary-guy-with-an-extraordinary-opportunity/
Thanks for that. Excellent article. He calls himself an ordinary guy. I think he's extraordinary. His fight vs. Pico was my personal fight of the night for several reasons.

The guy's personality and intellect is refreshing in an MMA world full of vulgarity. Maybe he'll end up being just a blip on the radar, but I'm never going to forget him as his 15 minutes of fame, if it ends up being that, has been extraordinary.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Excellent article. He calls himself an ordinary guy. I think he's extraordinary. And his fight vs. Pico was my personal fight of the night for several reasons.

The guy's personality and intellect is refreshing in an MMA world full of vulgarity. Maybe he'll end up being just a blip on the radar, but I'm never going to forget him as his 15 minutes of fame, if it ends up being that, has been extraordinary.

Agreed. Bellator could certainly push him as an "everyman". And could get a nice following and payday

Sucks that he signed a multi-fight contract. It's almost guaranteed that he'll be banished to the prelims while Pico will go on to fight on another main card. It's the bellator way.

Back