Insurance companies should deny coverage for people with BMI's over 40

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And the BMI limit should drop every 2 years until it gets to 32.

I think this would drastically lower health care costs for all Americans. Honestly this is probably the adjustment we need to correct our inflating health costs. Seeing as weight is almost 100% in control of the individual it is almost anti-American to oppose this. If you want to be more healthy and get insurance get healthy and get insurance.

BTW for reference a BMI of 40 would be 5'6'' 240 lbs. or 5'10'' 280

I would take this a lot more seriously if the BMI weren't a flawed and antiquated methodology.

Obesity has been classified as a disease, an identity, and possibly as a way of life.

If you use guilt or shame to try and correct this clearly modern and obviously self destructive behavior, you are part of the problem, and probably read Mein Kampf before you go to bed at night you heartless monster.

Awesome idea. We can all pay way the fuck more when they roll into the ER.

I would take this a lot more seriously if the BMI weren't a flawed and antiquated methodology.

A better measurement would be helpful.

But, you also clearly hate obese people, do not understand, can never understand, and therefore shall submit to their whims and pay for their cardiac surgery and rehabilitation.

Obesity has been classified as a disease, an identity, and possibly as a way of life.

If you use guilt or shame to try and correct this clearly modern and obviously self destructive behavior, you are part of the problem, and probably read Mein Kampf before you go to bed at night you heartless monster.

It's not a disease it's a self inflicted disorder

When I called you a heartless monster, I thought it was clear at that point my post was satirical.

I guess I should have added some f-bombs and references to your mother in order to set the joking apart from the standard trolls.

BMI is an antiquated, inaccurate measure of a person’s fitness. Developed before wwii, it was used to measure soldiers, with the ideal male being around 160 lbs.

I know I could stand to lose 15 lbs, but my BMI measurement is a joke. I am 5’9-5’10 and 210. I have a huge back, chest, and big biceps. I am also very stocky with short, thick legs. So when I get measure using BMI, I am in the obese category. Anyone that has seen the pictures I posted years ago knows I am not an obese person, yet i am penalized for health and life insurance because I lift, or used to(I am taking a few months off for my back). Plus, I have a hot ass wife!

Also there are at least two posters in the Mayberry who would be very offended by this thread lol.

True story. The officer during my driving test refused to put his seatbelt on and I insisted, refusing to drive until he did so. It was a bit of a Mexican standoff. He finally told me he wasn’t going to fail me for it and to turn the air conditioner to high. He was really fat and I don’t think the seatbelt had enough slack on it to make it around the huge girth of fat that he was.

It's an addiction which to a small extent is self inflicted but IMO. if you want to blame anyone blame the fast food chains, coca cola, government for not doing anything about them and the poison they serve etc. Everywhere they go they destroy public health and they all avoid taxes. We should get our hands on some of that money.

Trump-Playing-Tennis-2.jpg

This fat ass would not get insured.

A little eye sorbet to cleanse fat ass out of your brain.
giphy.gif

It's an addiction which to a small extent is self inflicted but IMO. if you want to blame anyone blame the fast food chains, coca cola, government for not doing anything about them and the poison they serve etc. Everywhere they go they destroy public health and they all avoid taxes. We should get our hands on some of that money.
I think a lot of fast food chains have disclaimers now so that won’t fly.

So no insurance for competitive bodybuilders?

Back