Insuline Resistance

depassage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some individuals are more inclined to be subject to Insuline resistance more than others and studies have shown that regardless of the number of calories and excercise done during a day, it is in fact the resistance to the Insuline which plays a major role in the fat storage.
So a person can eat 1500 calories a day and does daily cardio, weight lifting + eat clean food but gains more weight than an individual who eats 2000 calories and do the complete opposite.
What are the supplements or products that reduce the Insuline resistance?
Out of my head, we can list some natural products to be taken during meals:
- spirulina
- apple cider vinegar

What are the other products that are really efficient for fat loss due to Insuline resistance?
This issue is present more often with women and people with diabetes.

NOTE: Recent studies have shown that Metformin has no effect in Insuline resistance and have massive side effects and can cause dementia and alzheimer.

Thanks for sharing your tips based on facts and experience.

Who the hell gains weight from 1500 calories a day while lifting and cardio daily?? That contravenes the laws of thermodynamics FFS.

Who the hell gains weight from 1500 calories a day while lifting and cardio daily?? That contravenes the laws of thermodynamics FFS.

My fiance does being that she has PCOS and sees a dietician.
https://academic.oup.com/edrv/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/edrv.18.6.0318

Insulin resistance as a whole is present in about 5-10% of the population.
https://dmsjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1758-5996-6-100

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/122501-overview#a3

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11790215

http://nutrigen.ph.ucla.edu/files/view/pubs/04carb-insulin-resistance.pdf

I don't have insulin resistance per se, but due to my hypothyroid issues, my metabolism is fucked.

Also, having worked on a metabolic ward in a hospital, I've watched metabolically damaged people gain on 1000 calories ish per day (every piece of their diet is controlled). These were people in the 350lb + range unable to exercise much due to weight/mobility issues. It took my one patient 4 months to lose 12lbs walking and eating half his calories. But, he was able to walk 20 meters at the end of it all as opposed to barely being able to stand at the pisser.

As to the OP, Fenugreek and cinnamon act as an insulin mimetic, they can assist with blood sugar levels. But, out of curiosity, are you actually insulin resistant, or merely curious? Because information like this can be dangerous as hell.

My fiance does being that she has PCOS and sees a dietician.

While doing cardio and lifting daily?

Also, having worked on a metabolic ward in a hospital, I've watched metabolically damaged people gain on 1000 calories ish per day (every piece of their diet is controlled). These were people in the 350lb + range unable to exercise much due to weight/mobility issues.

Right, so they weren't doing cardio and lifting daily either.

Read what I responded to. No one is consuming 1500 calories a day AND lifting and cardio daily and gaining weight. How much cardio can you do on 1500 calories a day and not lose weight? Not very much.

But, out of curiosity, are you actually insulin resistant, or merely curious?

Nope. My work is related to liver disease (NAFLD, NASH and fibrosis). Non-alcoholic Fatty liver is related to sugar/carb consumption, insulin resistance, and NIDDM.

Also an area of interest from personal experience from training and my diet, past and present.

While doing cardio and lifting daily?

Right, so they weren't doing cardio and lifting daily either.

Read what I responded to. No one is consuming 1500 calories a day AND lifting and cardio daily and gaining weight. How much cardio can you do on 1500 calories a day and not lose weight? Not very much.

Nope. My work is related to liver disease (NAFLD, NASH and fibrosis). Non-alcoholic Fatty liver is related to sugar/carb consumption, insulin resistance, and NIDDM.

Also an area of interest from personal experience from training and my diet, past and present.

The last Q was for the op. Sorry for the confusion there.

Most werent able to do much no, but even for the ones who could weight loss was difficult as hell and at times stalled incredibly. They were also eating considerably less.

And yes my fiance does spin 2x a week at a level i cant keep up with plus weights 2x a week and we usually go hiking on weekends. She has lost 15lbs in 6 months. It isnt easy for people who are metabolically damaged. Its not impossible, just difficult as hell.

As to the OP, Fenugreek and cinnamon act as an insulin mimetic, they can assist with blood sugar levels. But, out of curiosity, are you actually insulin resistant, or merely curious? Because information like this can be dangerous as hell.

As you mentioned I am searching to help naturally someone with PCOS. She is hitting the gym, lifting weight, eating almost nothing.
Hard to watch her efforts being wasted by this insulin resistance.

Oh, and she is also doing intermittent fasting 1 or 2 days a week.

As you mentioned I am searching to help naturally someone with PCOS. She is hitting the gym, lifting weight, eating almost nothing.

My suggestion is a dietician.
This isnt a condition to mess around with. Print off the study resource i linked and have her see a dietician often and go over the study so dietician can explain it well. Seriously it has worked wonders for my fiance.

"Help naturally" is usually code words for "do a bunch of bullshit that doesn't really work".

Get her to an endocrinologist and get her on medication.

My suggestion is a dietician.
This isnt a condition to mess around with. Print off the study resource i linked and have her see a dietician often and go over the study so dietician can explain it well. Seriously it has worked wonders for my fiance.

These doctors are useless. The only thing they can prescribe is ALDACTON and METFORMIN.
Both have massive side effects in long term.

https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/...her-risk-of-alzheimers-and-parkinsons-393789/

There are women telling their stories on how they reversed their PCOS (Green juicing, low carb diet...).
It could help but eating salad all day is not enjoyable and certainly doesn't help in improving one's lifestyle.

"Help naturally" is usually code words for "do a bunch of bullshit that doesn't really work".

Get her to an endocrinologist and get her on medication.

She stopped metformin and aldacton.
Metformin is actually getting things worse and leading to Diabete 1 after some time.

Better stay away from these drugs.

She stopped metformin and aldacton.
Metformin is actually getting things worse and leading to Diabete 1 after some time.

Better stay away from these drugs.

Find a different dosage, find a different drug, find a different doctor.

Don't fuck around trying to treat a very serious hormonal imbalance with spices and herbs.

wouldn't be very low or zero carb an option for conditions like this?

Find a different dosage, find a different drug, find a different doctor.

Don't fuck around trying to treat a very serious hormonal imbalance with spices and herbs.
After his answers, you're basically saying nothing.

I'm so sorry, I just realized.
I'm sorry that I can't help more, but she should not eat nothing. She should try at least a proper vegan diet (I'm not vegan or vegetarian) and with high fiber and slow carbs. Maybe include japanese green tea to her diet.

Overall, her body (and everyone) ) also needs vitamins and minerals everyday to fight aging, cancer, etc.. She also needs to fight cholesterol (thus the vegan diet advice) and take good quality omega 3 supplements (vegan or at least bio).

Also, if she's not eating properly, she should not do too much exercise.

Natural remedies should be used in association with medicine (and could help it working better)

These doctors are useless. The only thing they can prescribe is ALDACTON and METFORMIN.
Both have massive side effects in long term.

https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/...her-risk-of-alzheimers-and-parkinsons-393789/

There are women telling their stories on how they reversed their PCOS (Green juicing, low carb diet...).
It could help but eating salad all day is not enjoyable and certainly doesn't help in improving one's lifestyle.

Low carb has been a large part of what has been working already. She isnt taking meds.

Back