inspirational quotes for fighting/training.

Quotolicious:

"The difference between a successful person & a failure, is one makes themself do what they don't like, and the other waits for someone else to make them do it." -Tremendous Jones

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." -Prefontaine

"Its not the daily increase, but the daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential." -Bruce Lee

"Its ok to get butterflies in your stomach. The key is, make them fly in formation." GSP

"Its not what you think you are that holds you back, its what you think you aren't." -Unknown

"The greatest fear in life is not that we set our goals too high and fail, its that we set them too low, and achieve them." -Unknown

"Shoot for the stars so that you may hit the moon." -Unknown

"Tap, please." -Me

Last edited:
"Shoot for the stars so that you may hit the moon." -Unknown

i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be: "always aim for the moon, that way if you fall short, you're still among the stars"

Haste is the enemy of perfection.
Luck favors the bold.
Soft water on hard rock will work until it makes a hole.
Past waters don

There is nothing impossible to him who will try. - Alexander the great

"A boy comes to me with a spark of interest and it becomes a flame. I feed the flame and it becomes fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze" - Cus D'Amato

"Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it." - Courage Wolf

"Life getting tough means God is afraid of your progress." - Again, courage wolf.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

- Michael Jordan

Last edited:
Whoever ceases to be a student has never been a student.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever. Unfortunately, so is a gimpy leg..

:(

sorry if this was already posted.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”- Theodore Roosevelt

"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings."

"We're not trying to go over the wall, we're not trying to go around the wall, we're trying to go THROUGH the wall" my muay thai coach on leg kicks

"you tough guy, get up" my BJJ coach after i get destroyed training.

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always have what you've always got"

"If size mattered then the elephant would be the king of the jungle." -Rickson

"The doctor told me that if I keep doing what I'm doing then I may not be able to walk in 5 years. That's OK, I don't want to walk, I wanna ROLL!" -Renzo Gracie

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always have what you've always got"

"If size mattered then the elephant would be the king of the jungle." -Rickson

"The doctor told me that if I keep doing what I'm doing then I may not be able to walk in 5 years. That's OK, I don't want to walk, I wanna ROLL!" -Renzo Gracie

98.265% sure that's not a Rickson quote in your sig

Back