inspirational quotes for fighting/training.

Vince Lombardi: The harder you work the harder it is to surrender.
To be no#1 train like your No# 2 (unknown)
you do the same thing you get the same results, so lets pick it up a gear : wayne bennet

After the game,
the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Now I lay you down to sleep, because my choke is sunk so deep. Feel the rush, your world goes black, all because you gave your back.

These are my favorites so far. another quote

"When two men step into the ring, one and only one deserves to win. When you step into the ring, you gotta know you deserve to win. You gotta know destiny owes you victory, cause you trained harder than your opponent. You sparred harder. You ran farther. -Cus D'Amato

Wait, I think it works if you already start in the "down" position. Then you have to get up once just to get knocked down the first time. Woa, that's not very inspirational.
now, don't be hatin' just cause i'm a buttscooter!

I think it's a Viking proverb but it's something like (this is horribly butchered):
If you yell before battle you're a wuss
If you yell during battle you're losing
If you yell after a battle you're victorious

I'm not sure how to interpret it, I just always thought it was badass.

i also really like this one:

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not even be here, 80 are nothing but targets, 9 are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR, and he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus 500 BC

" The only place you will find Success before Work is in the dictionary" Vince Lombardi
" When preparing for competition think of your competition not preparing" Dan Gable
" Imagine the things I could do If I could do all the things I can" Don't Know

"If you want to take something apart, find out what holds it together."
"Drag him through the garden of pain before putting him to sleep." My instructor (explaining chokes).
"If I advance, follow me. If I retreat, stop me. If I'm injured, avenge me." This was my rugby team's moto.

This was said to me to explain that you CANT grip inside opponent sleeve, but you CAN inside yours

"The GI is like an asshole. You can put anything you want in yours but you can't do the same to the others one"

defy that which makes you humble
understand that comfort eradicates potential
cling to whim, never stangnate, dismiss fear

"If you wanna learn how to put the Ass Whoopin down, come through"!!!
Nice Diaz on his new Gym.

No one ever drowned in sweat.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.

The 1st period is won by the best technician. The 2nd period is won by the kid in the best shape. The 3rd period is won by the kid with the biggest heart.

-Dan Gable.

No one ever drowned in sweat.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.

The 1st period is won by the best technician. The 2nd period is won by the kid in the best shape. The 3rd period is won by the kid with the biggest heart.

-Dan Gable.

Don Gable is the MAN above the MAN!!!

You should also post that quote to all the internet tough guys from Draculino. That was pretty motivating IMO...

^ Wait, tough guys from Draculinos? Or tough guys who are talking shit on Draculino?

^ Wait, tough guys from Draculinos? Or tough guys who are talking shit on Draculino?

You know the one, "I know these people, they cry when you slap them... I PROMISE!!! hahaha...

I will be there with my balls for everyone to see hahaha. He's the man!

If anybody have things to say,
they can come say it to my face.
The internet is full of big mouth tuff guys.
I know these kinds of people,
they cry when you slap them. I promise.
Texas is too far? No worries,
I will be in there LA for the World Championships this year.
If anyone has anything to say to me, tell it to my face.
You think I'm a "has been", come say it to my face and
we will see who's old. I will be there in the open,
just me and my balls, for all eyes to see.
If not, keep your mouth close, enough of this internet talking, its for pussies.
Now let that be the end of it on the internet,
if anyone wants to finish it, let it be where the men walk.

if anybody have things to say,
i will be in there la for the world championships this year.
You think i'm a "has been", come say it to my face and
If not, keep your mouth close, enough of this internet talking, its for pussies.

thank you sir.... Get some internet bitches...

John Wooden died over the weekend, and i was reading an article with a link to some of his quotes, these are great and apply to BJJ/Fighting as well.

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? - John Wooden

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. - John Wooden

It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen. - John Wooden

The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones. - John Wooden

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
- John Wooden

If anybody have things to say,
I will be in there LA for the World Championships this year.
You think I'm a "has been", come say it to my face and

-- Gotta love old school guys like Draculino.

Edit: And on a side note....Draculino was in LA the entire time, in the front row, and on the championship podium. As I expected, No one said a word or showed up so its safe to assume its over lol.

Last edited:
Back