Inside leg kick

Silver tongue samurai

Ronin
@Blue
Reaction score
I use them to some extent in sparring. iv had a lot of success setting up the rear uppercut-lead body hook-rear leg kick after using a jab to 1.block line of sight and 2.slightly pre-load my hips for the kick. usually i find i can open the stance of guys but i know not a lot of people like them (as far as i can tell).

Do you guys use them? if so how do you set them up and what kind of combinations are you using it with? cheers
KindheartedKindHamadryas-size_restricted.gif (more of a trip but eh)

Great set up tool

I like faking it a couple times, then going for inside -> overhand

Its also one of the strikes I can use while backstepping. I don't do that often, but when I do its there. Great for people who are forward going apes that do nothing except stand heavy and go foreward.

I don't even need to switch, i can throw it off the front and it lands well. If I have the time, I can use it as a "pull" where I pull their leg forward and they're off balanced like a drunken whore

Do it as they step into range. They have to move closer to hit you, their weight lands on the front foot and it is difficult to check; bang and either follow-up or step back and reset. Also take into account that the inner thigh has a lot of nerves and blood vessels so little hits still do good damage.

bang and either follow-up or step back and reset. Also take into account that the inner thigh has a lot of nerves and blood vessels so little hits still do good damage.
tenor.gif

Great set up tool

Its also one of the strikes I can use while backstepping. I don't do that often, but when I do its there. Great for people who are forward going apes that do nothing except stand heavy and go foreward.

I don't even need to switch, i can throw it off the front and it lands well. If I have the time, I can use it as a "pull" where I pull their leg forward and they're off balanced like a drunken whore

ooh im gonns start using that overhand follow up, my manlet instincts are drawn to overhand set ups. Do you mean like kicking as soon as the rear leg touches the ground? and im one of the only guys who usually doesn't switch when i throw lead leg stuff. i tend to more or less pendulum kick

ooh im gonns start using that overhand follow up, my manlet instincts are drawn to overhand set ups. Do you mean like kicking as soon as the rear leg touches the ground? and im one of the only guys who usually doesn't switch when i throw lead leg stuff. i tend to more or less pendulum kick
So what I like to do is we start the round for example

then I throw some fake pump jabs and an inside kick, then I circle

then when in range I throw it again

Its also good I spar with meatheats because they get frustrated and just try to bang

when that happens, I step in like how I did with the inside kicks, but instead of a kick I just step in off to a 45 off the line, and the overhand whips in

Great set up tool

I to, am a fan of knocking legs out from under people.

I to, am a fan of knocking legs out from under people.

iv had a lot of success with using doms "dart" basically like this
http://mmafury.com/gifs/mma-gif-dart-punch-to-double-leg/58585

Except ill jab (i set up a ton off the jab) then jab as i dart to my right and basically just use the movement to rip the inside low kick.

You could also think of it as jabbing as i switch and step out 45 with my rear foot then it essentially becomes a rear inside leg kick. catches a lot of people off guard

Gotta love the inside leg kick.

As someone who doesn't kick that much and like to box, it's perfect. It's a great defensive move as well as you can use it as you're pulling back from punching range. Really like to use the inside leg kick and then right hand as well, especially if you get them a bit off balance. It's hard for them to brace or avoid the right hand after that. Jab, pull their jab with a slight lean back and inside leg kick is another good one. Helps a lot with controlling range.

as an orthodox I find the left leg kick against southpaw very effective as after throwing it, my left leg would be on the outside of his right leg which opens up all kind of follow up from rick body kick, right straight, leaping left hook, etc

Left leg kick against orthodox is more like annoying for them, but if they can time it and block by turning the leg without putting it up, they can move in and counter quite effectively as I am standing practically on my rear leg.

I use them to some extent in sparring. iv had a lot of success setting up the rear uppercut-lead body hook-rear leg kick after using a jab to 1.block line of sight and 2.slightly pre-load my hips for the kick. usually i find i can open the stance of guys but i know not a lot of people like them (as far as i can tell).

Do you guys use them? if so how do you set them up and what kind of combinations are you using it with? cheers
View attachment 335339 (more of a trip but eh)
that was not a kick, that was a pretty good defensive foot sweep (ashi barai in karate)

that was not a kick, that was a pretty good defensive foot sweep (ashi barai in karate)

okay well it says ''(more of a trip but eh)'' literally right beside it. just figured you could achieve the same thing with a kick

anything about inside leg kicks though???
{<huh}

As a Southpaw, inside leg kick to their lead leg is one of my favorites

Can be used to finish off a combo and can be used against aggressive fighters who move forward a lot etc

I don't really know why, but i don't like them. Even when I play in an opposite stance and it's there for the taking, I don't use them much... But I use a lot the inside trip or calf kick.

I know that if you have to use the front leg to strike a low (without a switch), the inside is more powerful and faster. You usually do a more front kick type of strike. So it's faster, without the need to use the hips as much, since the strike makes an more upward movement... Unlike the outside, where you have to hit horizontally, or downwards... Which is harder and slower to do with the front leg.

I don't really know why, but i don't like them. Even when I play in an opposite stance and it's there for the taking, I don't use them much... But I use a lot the inside trip or calf kick.

I know that if you have to use the front leg to strike a low (without a switch), the inside is more powerful and faster. You usually do a more front kick type of strike. So it's faster, without the need to use the hips as much, since the strike makes an more upward movement... Unlike the outside, where you have to hit horizontally, or downwards... Which is harder and slower to do with the front leg.

Are you talking about just uncoiling your hips as is and firing the front inside kick more 45 degrees up as opposed to horizontal?

For the inside low, you don't have to turn your hips into it as much as for the outside.
-For the inside, you hit in an upward movement, so raising your leg and snapping your knee gives you enough power to do damage.
-For the outside, the movement is either horizontally, or slightly downward... So to make it powerful, you have to turn your hips into it, like any regular roundhouse...

And when you do those with the front leg (without a switch), the inside is more powerful, faster...

Back