Insect populations declining.

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a lot fewer bugs on the windshield and the rest of my vehicles. 40 years ago I would have to work to remove the bugs every time I stopped for gas and often daily. I've noticed that I hardly have to clean it when getting fuel. I attributed it to using RainX but I saw this article and it could be because there aren't as many insects. I've also noticed fewer birds around which might be because there are fewer insects to eat. The one insects that still appears abundant here are mosquitoes.

(CNN)A new scientific study has found "dramatic" and "alarming" declines in insect populations in areas in Germany, which researchers say could have far-reaching consequences for the world's crop production and natural ecosystems.

The study, published on Wednesday in peer-reviewed journal PLOS One has found that, in German nature reserves, flying insect populations have declined by more than 75% over the duration of the 27-year study.
"The flying insect community as a whole... has been decimated over the last few decades," said the study, which was conducted by Researchers from Radboud University in the Netherlands and the Entomological Society Krefeld in Germany.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/19/europe/insect-decline-germany/index.html

yeah i dont know, but if the entire planet has to die to commit spider gonocide for greater justice = worth it

This is just a thinly veiled "I own many vehicles" boast thread.

You don't care about insects at all!! :eek:

I found a vinegaroon in my crib yesterday
and like 102384924902303204089 charcoal red lined bugs every day in my frontyard

they musta all moved to the Mojave Desert is my pt

A new scientific study has found "dramatic" and "alarming" declines in insect populations in areas in Germany

Merkel prob on the phone to Africa seeing if they can send over some Locusts or Ethiopian Apocalypse Spiders or whatever

I blame pesticides.

Growing up in Wisconsin fireflies were everywhere at night. Used to love playing with them as a kid. Now they're practically gone. Sad

They are too busy on their I-podzzzzzzzzzzz

I blame pesticides.
It specifically says "these are not agricultural areas".

Apparently the bugs here didn't get the memo. My windshield is a fucking mess if we go a couple weeks without rain.

Around here we had a major bug problem this summer. Seriously the bugs were so thick that when you went for a walk you’d get covered in bugs. Seriously. Covered in them. It was fucking gross. Imagine being the windshield. That’s what it was like. Ick.

Damn bro are you pushing 60 and still posting on Sherdog???? Nice....
he's 70, still benching 275, touching random people with teh jab, occasionally filling rooms with uppercuts, and banging boise dimes on the regular.

I found a vinegaroon in my crib yesterday
and like 102384924902303204089 charcoal red lined bugs every day in my frontyard

they musta all moved to the Mojave Desert is my pt
are those the same as box elder bugs?

On a side note - growing up we used to (my cousins and I) love going to the rivers to swim, catch minnows and frogs.

nowdays the creeks and rivers around where I grew up are mostly devoid of fish - frogs are non-existent for the more part and forget about swimming in them.

Back