Inquiry says Putin probably killed Alexander Litvinenko. Duh.

Kneepocalypse

This is your god now.
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35370819

For those who don't know, Litvinenko was a former FSB agent who basically snitched on Putin and fled to England. He was assassinated via poisoning with a rare, super expensive radioactive isotope, which many see as an obvious message from Poots that snitches get radiation poisoning.

v4-11-Litvin434enko-pav4.jpg

1485.gif

Lets say he is charged with murder. Is there anything the international community can do to remove him from power? Put him on trial?

All world leaders are responsible for many deaths, and I don't give a shit, business is business.

Lets say he is charged with murder. Is there anything the international community can do to remove him from power? Put him on trial?
Public condemnation would at least send a message, albeit a weak one, that Putin murdering people so brazenly in their countries wont be tolerated. Maybe sanctions? Doubtful tho.

Public condemnation would at least send a message, albeit a weak one, that Putin murdering people so brazenly in their countries wont be tolerated. Maybe sanctions? Doubtful tho.

Wow. That's pretty bad. A world leader and not some rinky dink one could be charged with murder and nothing really done about it

Absolutely nothing. Putin is one of the richest and most powerful men on earth, with a personal fortune of around $20 Billion. He commands the largest nuclear arsenal on earth, and one of the largest armies. While the Russian military is far from it's prime, when it raped, pillaged and burned(that's not a figure of speech)it's way from Moscow to Berlin, it's still a formidable force.

Sanctions won't work, partly because the West needs to keep Russia on side to some degree. So we have nothing to threaten Putin with. He's committed an act of state sponsored nuclear terrorism in another nation's capital. And he's got clean away with it.

I don't like it, but that's the way the world works.

Would be interesting to know how they could actually prove Putin ordered the hit

The British Home Secretary basically accused Putin of murder in the House of Commons today. I imagine this was Vlad's response,

images (5).jpg

Absolutely nothing. Putin is one of the richest and most powerful men on earth, with a personal fortune of around $20 Billion. He commands the largest nuclear arsenal on earth, and one of the largest armies. While the Russian military is far from it's prime, when it raped, pillaged and burned(that's not a figure of speech)it's way from Moscow to Berlin, it's still a formidable force.

Sanctions won't work, partly because the West needs to keep Russia on side to some degree. So we have nothing to threaten Putin with. He's committed an act of state sponsored nuclear terrorism in another nation's capital. And he's got clean away with it.

I don't like it, but that's the way the world works.

I'm sure people are getting offed all the time from the games of statecraft that are played all over the world.

The geo-political players wouldn't care about someone getting offed unless there was something to be gained by using it against their rivals.

Setting a precedent of going after each other criminally is probably not something they'd want to do. Making a stink for PR purposes I could see.

Would be interesting to know how they could actually prove Putin ordered the hit

He was murdered in the most spectacular and painful manner possible, using a radioactive compound that is extremely difficult to obtain unless one works for an agency like the FSB.

There is no way an operation like this would even be contemplated without Putin's full authority.

Wow...and I thought Romero testing positive was shocking. Who could have imagined something like this?

He was murdered in the most spectacular and painful manner possible, using a radioactive compound that is extremely difficult to obtain unless one works for an agency like the FSB.

There is no way an operation like this would even be contemplated without Putin's full authority.

I'm under the impression that secret services are semi-autonomous and operate in large part without direct oversight from the public leader, but maybe.

It's odd that he was assassinated in such an obvious fashion. Like they were trying to make a statement.

I'm under the impression that secret services are semi-autonomous and operate in large part without direct oversight from the public leader, but maybe.

It's odd that he was assassinated in such an obvious fashion. Like they were trying to make a statement.

Congratulations. That's exactly why he was killed this way. Putin was sending a clear message: fuck with me and I'll make sure you die a slow, painful death. I don't care where you hide or who knows I had you killed. Putin wanted the dogs in the street to know he authorized the hit.

Putin's a gangster. This is his version of the Mafia shooting someone who broke Omerta and putting a canary in his mouth.

Who was the bogeyman he was blaming it on this time? Americans? Chechens? Those are Russians' two favorites. Lol.

Of course he had Litvinenko iced. Same for Nemtsov. That probably was done by Chechens, though. If you know what I mean.

26C3804F00000578-3000353-image-a-24_1426691731436.jpg

Didn't Litvinenko say that Putin was a pedo? Seems like I read that somewhere.

No+way+_064f2e8d377bea1622936e332399e9b5.gif

but seriously anyone doubted that it was a state sponsored murder to begin with?

I remember news papers wrighting about that you'd need a hi-tech nuclear powerplant or sum like that to develope the poison to begin with. It was a statement for everyone to see, not just a subtle hint to those in the know.

Last edited:
How many deaths have Bush and Obama been proven directly responsible for again? I think it's more than one.

Back