Inglorious vs Django vs Hateful

Django
Inglorious Basterds
Hateful Eight

Django at #1 might just be recency bias as I watched it again few nights ago. Didn't really like Hateful Eight, only saw it the one time.

Django
Glorious

I love all these movies. Hateful Eight was the only one I didn't see in the theater

Wanted to see Django Christmas night after I left my mother's house but when I got to the theater it was way too crowded because of Les Miserables

django
hateful
inglorious

H8
Inglourious
Django

Yeah the same for me, I think you could argue Basterds maybe has better moments to it but Hateful holds together better as a film, Django is fun but a simpler revenge story.

glorious is. Great.
Django is also good

Hateful 8 is meh

Yeah, this. I still haven't re-watched Hateful 8 since I first saw it. Gotta get around to that one day.

But I fucking adore Inglorious Basterds and Django was some quality shit too.

Yeah, this. I still haven't re-watched Hateful 8 since I first saw it. Gotta get around to that one day.

But I fucking adore Inglorious Basterds and Django was some quality shit too.
thats funny, i saw inglorious once and never rewatched it because i thought it was mediocre..

the after 2-3 split up viewings of hateful i started to really appreciate it. i didnt rate it that well when i saw it in the cinemas.

thats funny, i saw inglorious once and never rewatched it because i thought it was mediocre..

the after 2-3 split up viewings of hateful i started to really appreciate it. i didnt rate it that well when i saw it in the cinemas.

Yeah, I've had the blu ray on my coffee table for like 3 years now and haven't popped it in for another viewing.

The movie is so long though, lol. And it feels even longer because it takes place at the haberdashery for like the entire film. I will definitely give it another spin soon though.

Yeah, I've had the blu ray on my coffee table for like 3 years now and haven't popped it in for another viewing.

The movie is so long though, lol. And it feels even longer because it takes place at the haberdashery for like the entire film. I will definitely give it another spin soon though.
it could be worth it, or also initial thoughts can hold.

it was very long, but when it picked up it was awesome. i found the general banter and interactions amusing enough though.

i think i also really liked kurt russells performance and seeing him put hateful 8 and another movie 'bone tomahawk' (which is really worth watching if you havent, another slow bruner, but 2/3rds as long) so late in his career made me really like his roles and those movies.

it could be worth it, or also initial thoughts can hold.

it was very long, but when it picked up it was awesome. i found the general banter and interactions amusing enough though.

i think i also really liked kurt russells performance and seeing him put hateful 8 and another movie 'bone tomahawk' (which is really worth watching if you havent, another slow bruner, but 2/3rds as long) so late in his career made me really like his roles and those movies.

Yeah, that's another one I've been wanting to watch. I really enjoyed Russell in Hateful 8, and to be honest everyone did vibe off of each other, but that's to be expected in a Tarantino film.

I freakin' lost it during Sam Jackson's monologue about his big black dingus. That part reminded me of how uncomfortable I felt during Pulp Fiction when we see Marcellus Wallace getting anally raped. It was just so truly unexpected and off-putting, but in all the right ways. To be honest, I felt Hateful 8 just tried too hard to get that type of uneasy feeling out of the viewer. Worst offender is when Kurt Russell's character gets poisoned by Daisy Domergue and he pukes all over her. It honestly felt too over the top for me.

Still, I've been putting off a re-watch for too long though.

Yeah, that's another one I've been wanting to watch. I really enjoyed Russell in Hateful 8, and to be honest everyone did vibe off of each other, but that's to be expected in a Tarantino film.

I freakin' lost it during Sam Jackson's monologue about his big black dingus. That part reminded me of how uncomfortable I felt during Pulp Fiction when we see Marcellus Wallace getting anally raped. It was just so truly unexpected and off-putting, but in all the right ways. To be honest, I felt Hateful 8 just tried too hard to get that type of uneasy feeling out of the viewer. Worst offender is when Kurt Russell's character gets poisoned by Daisy Domergue and he pukes all over her. It honestly felt too over the top for me.

Still, I've been putting off a re-watch for too long though.
lmao those are some of my favourite parts! well def the spewing part. samuels dick rant was over the top. due to the shock value, if it is really that, but yeah how generally uneasy those scenes made you feel!

but thats tarintino for you. he does that in every movie really. reservoir dogs with madsen carving that cops ear off. django with leo making the guys fight. the bear jew scene in inglorious. its great!

Inglorious
Django
H-8

I still haven't even finished watching hateful 8 actually. I've only seen parts of it. Django was cool but I haven't had the desire to rewatch it again like I have with Inglorious.

Back