Inflation is a mother

Property tax in California is nothing compared to Cook County and the surrounding suburbs.. it's the highest in the nation.

It's a big reason people move over the border into Wisconsin and Indiana

Even worse is the sales tax in Cook county.. 9.25 percent, then if you are in the city you can tack on another two percent.

I thought DuPage was worse than Cook? Either way, yeah, they both can kiss my entire ass. Bastards.

Really? Tell me more. I thought property taxes were the worst in California due to the "sunshine tax."

I know Cali and NY are bad too, Illinois has some terrible tax codes tho. Some of our counties are the worst in the Nation as @TeTe pointed out.

Add to that, we also have some of the worst political corruption in the country too. In my lifetime alone, 2 over our Gov’s have gone to prison lol

I'm willing to bet that almost no one puts 20 percent down on a house here. The median home price is like $565,000. First time home buyers can do all the way down to 3.5 percent I believe. PMI sucks but you can refinance after a couple years and hope your home value increases enough to get rid of it early.

that's the smart way to do it...

1st house i put down like 1.5%.. 2nd home 10%.. both refi'd 1-2 years later... current rates at 2.75% fixed for a 10 year and 3.5% fixed for a 30 year

Back