Press
20x-
30x5
40x5

SLDL
40x5
60x5
80x5

Vertical and side pallof presses. Some stretching.

Boring, but necessary.

Didn't train friday as my dad wanted some help with some cement that was being delivered to a job of his. Figured on a deload week that could replace training. Unfortunately I should probably have picked this week to take it easy as today is the only session I'm able to fit in, had to do a lot and considering I train pretty low volume normally, it was tough.

Overhead shot, 4kgx4, didn't measure any today, nothing good.

Sprints -
3x10
3x20

Didn't feel as bad, once I got going at least, my first few steps feel crap, almost like I'm running on the spot. Fortunately this is one of the only parts of a sprint that all this weight training will help me with.

Squat -
120x4
107.5x5

Some scientifically timed intra-workout jaffa cakes were needed here, started to feel a little light headed. I didn't know how I'd respond to just jumping into a heavy squat first day back but I did better than expected, didn't get the 5 but good enough. Took 10% off for a back off set that was still difficult.

Strict Press -
52.5x5
47.5x8

Not much to say here, meh.

SLDL, worked up to 100x5, felt easy and much more ROM than before, only a few inches off the floor now. Lots of knee bend to take strain off the hamstring but it's still progress.

Chin ups

Vertical pallof press

Exhausted/10

Edit: Just weighed myself at 71.3kg, jesus that's not good.

Yesterdays session:

Power cleans from blocks, worked up to a few doubles of 80kg. Then felt like giving them a try from the floor, went down to 70 just to be safe. Felt fine so I'm happy that I'm able to pull form the floor again, first time since injury. Cleans didn't feel too powerful but at least I can start training them again now.

Sprints
2x10
6x20, 1 weighted sled, 1 normal, repeat. Timed one normal run, 3.16, not bad considering my PB is 3.14 and I ran that against someone. I can never seem to run 100% without some competition so yesterday was decent.

Today:

Squats
120x6

This more through sheer force of will than a legit strength increase. Told myself I was gonna get 6 to improve on last week, last 2 reps were hard.

Press
52.5x6x2, decent doubles.

SLDL
90x5
100x5
110x5
110x8

Definitely missing out on heavy SLDLs, now that I can hip hinge again it's time to build this back up.

Vertical pallof presses, went well.

Lately I've only been sprinting once a week, but today was a nice day and I got the urge.

Throws - 4kg shot (legit now, turns out the one I was using before was 3.25, that and trying to change my technique has brought my PB down a bit)
Best throw 16.21m

Sprints -
4x20m

These felt pretty good, even with the heavy squats (for me) right now I'm feeling pretty fast. Some of the club athletes were watching, and while I didn't notice at the time apparently one of my sprints got a 'woah' from them. Whether that's because I look quick or because my technique is crappy, I don't know though.

After timing the videos, best run was 3.21, I was hoping for a bit better but it's cool. I'm determined to beat 3.14 with no tailwind this time but it may have to wait till I'm not in my strength phase. Looking at today's videos I am also standing up wayyyy to quick, literally after 10m. Need to fix that.

Hurdle drills for some dynamic stretching, then calf raises; seated and standing.

High box squat -
140x4
130x4

Recorded these for the first time. I'm actually really happy with how fast the first rep of 140 went up. Someone got in the way of the camera but you can still tell it's pretty quick. 2 and 3 were pretty good too but 4 slowed down a bit too much.

Press -
55x3...ouch
47.5x7

SLDL -
120x5
120x5
120x5

Feeling good

Chin ups

Not sure what to call these, I'm sure they exist already. I've been using a bench to do some anti extension work, hinge up off the bench from the hip but stay as straight as possible holding the bar out above you like a locked bench press. Pretty difficult.

Barbell holds -
3x30kgx20 secs

All in all I'm quite happy with training this week.

Monday Week 2

Powercleans -
80x3x2

These weren't amazing by any means but I was happy in a way. I didn't know how well my squat would maintain my ability for these. 80kg is probably a bit more than the 80% I was aiming for but still not too bad, max is probably around 95 based on today.

Sprints -
5x20m

Nothing to brag about today. Recorded a couple of runs, one of them had horrific technique, some of my worst ever. Looked so tight, no leg extension and knees barely coming forward at all. Fixed it immediately on the next run but slowed down as a result.

My friend gave me some pointers though so I have a plan to execute for the next few weeks. 'Winter is coming' so top speed sprinting is basically not happening outdoors at least. Going to up the sled sprints and accelerations (at 90ish%) volume wise. And also increase volume for standing long jumps and overhead shots so that I can progress to bunny jumps and eventually some bounding. He thinks bounding will transfer to sprint technique well, I'm up for it.

Tuesday, weighed myself in the gym at 73.6kg

Squats -
122.5x4

Spectators say I should have gone for the fifth, my fourth rep felt a lot slower to me that it actually was apparently. But I'm still happy with this especially considering my PB this year is 122.5x5 at a higher bodyweight (around 75).

Press
55x5

Could maybe have squeezed out another rep if I went to snap city and used a lot of lean. But I'm glad to have gotten a solid 5.

SLDL
122.5x3x5

Single leg calf work, right calf is noticeably better than it was now.

Vertical pallof press

Back