Indiana woman voted for Trump - liked his immigration stance, husband to be deported tomorrow

ShoelessRye

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Roberto Beristain is the owner of a popular restaurant in Granger called Eddie’s Steak Shed. His family says he came to the United States from Mexico City illegally in 1998. He later obtained documentation to work in the country and checked in with ICE each year.

It was during one of those check ins last month that ICE took Beristain into custody because of an incident in 2000. Roberto and his wife, Helen, were visiting Niagara Falls that year and accidentally crossed into Canada. Officers there detained Roberto when they realized he was in the U.S. illegally. Helen says a lawyer helped get Roberto out on bail, but he was told he had to voluntarily leave the country within a month.

Roberto decided not to self deport because Helen was pregnant at the time. An ICE spokesperson says when Roberto failed to deport himself, his voluntary order revered to a final order of removal, meaning ICE could detain him. They didn’t act on that order for more than a decade.

During an interview earlier this month, Helen said she voted for President Donald Trump because she supports his immigration policies. She said criminals should be deported, but she didn’t think her husband would face that fate.

“[Trump] did say the good people would not be deported, the good people would be checked,” Helen said.
http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/indiana-restaurant-owner-deported-friday-116463/

tumblr_mp8u10t6K01sst214o1_500.gif

lol that is the best story I've heard all day.

If her husband was an illegal, it might explain why she supported Trump. I wonder who made the call to ICE.

raw

Pretty funny...although sad at the same time

Ha ha what a dumb bitch.

When the rest of the idiots that voted for him get what they have coming it's would be more awesome if everyone else wasn't also along for the ride.

I've been to Indiana several times and this woman does seem to have the IQ of the average citizen there.

Roberto Beristain is the owner of a popular restaurant in Granger called Eddie’s Steak Shed. His family says he came to the United States from Mexico City illegally in 1998. He later obtained documentation to work in the country and checked in with ICE each year.

It was during one of those check ins last month that ICE took Beristain into custody because of an incident in 2000. Roberto and his wife, Helen, were visiting Niagara Falls that year and accidentally crossed into Canada. Officers there detained Roberto when they realized he was in the U.S. illegally. Helen says a lawyer helped get Roberto out on bail, but he was told he had to voluntarily leave the country within a month.

Roberto decided not to self deport because Helen was pregnant at the time. An ICE spokesperson says when Roberto failed to deport himself, his voluntary order revered to a final order of removal, meaning ICE could detain him. They didn’t act on that order for more than a decade.

During an interview earlier this month, Helen said she voted for President Donald Trump because she supports his immigration policies. She said criminals should be deported, but she didn’t think her husband would face that fate.

“[Trump] did say the good people would not be deported, the good people would be checked,” Helen said.
http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/indiana-restaurant-owner-deported-friday-116463/

tumblr_mp8u10t6K01sst214o1_500.gif
<{anton}>

He's married to an American and they have kids together ffs. Why didn't they do something before? And she even voted for Trump so she agrees with deportations I mean wtf lol Why didn't they try to legalize his situation?

From the same article -

But most striking of all is how many of the people now sticking up for Roberto are politically conservative. These are small-town Indiana residents, veterans and grandparents who come to his restaurant after Mass or Rotary. They vigorously defend him as a man they are proud to call a friend. And the more I think about it, the more clearly it is consistent with their conservative values that they stand up for Roberto.
Reminds me of this -

From the same article -

But most striking of all is how many of the people now sticking up for Roberto are politically conservative. These are small-town Indiana residents, veterans and grandparents who come to his restaurant after Mass or Rotary. They vigorously defend him as a man they are proud to call a friend. And the more I think about it, the more clearly it is consistent with their conservative values that they stand up for Roberto.
Reminds me of this -

Bears.

He's married to an American and they have kids together ffs. Why didn't they do something before? And she even voted for Trump so she agrees with deportations I mean wtf lol Why didn't they try to legalize his situation?
Thats what bugs me about it. Yes its sad but come on. Take some responsibility for yourself. Behave like a grown up.

I never knew those bears were Mexican.

If you live in host country for nearly 20 years and don't get the ball rolling on becoming a citizen, you deserve whatever happens to you.

......and how did he get a name like Berenstain?

Not a surprise that everyone who is non Hispanic are usually scapegoated as "illegal aliens." Mexicans and the media are experts at deflecting the blame on non Hispanics. Mexicans often say all these influxes of illegal aliens are Chinese and not Mestizos. The media is also to blame since whenever they do a illegal alien story, they usually show clips of non Hispanics only.

Despite this, why is it that only Hispanics protests these deportations and why do we see mostly Hispanics as the illegals?

That's right. These people can never admit their own guilt and always blames it on others.

Thats what bugs me about it. Yes its sad but come on. Take some responsibility for yourself. Behave like a grown up.
I'm not surprised that no responsibility was taken. After all, even after living in this country for at least 30 years, they only picked up certain words in English including "yes" and various profanities.

Back